Afghan College Football - 92/138 teams complete

JCRGraphix

My original post got magically eaten by the garbage internet here, so I'll try to recap. I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan, and I wanted to recreate the NCAA Division I as if it were in Afghanistan. Where teams would play FCS schools, they are replaced by teams made up of troops deployed here.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I guess I can't blame my lack of Concepts activity on my 3yo daughter anymore.

Kudos... on so many levels.

The Cobras look good, but I feel like the Green Wave needs something on the shoulders (even if it is meant to look like Alabama); the green doesn't have as much gravitas as the maroon. For me, at least.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

A true thank you and respect. Hope all is well and stay safe. This is some great stuff you have going here, just maybe stray from the monochrome white looks in your future jerseys! Kapisa looks like a blue Georgia but it's still great! Keep up the good work, I'll be following this

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Thanks for all the feedback! As it is supposed to be a realistic representation of college football, there will be some monochromatic teams, but I'll try to keep those to a minimum.

Up next we have two modern looking concepts: the Khost Lions and Kunar Stars.

khost.png

kunar.png

This is a really cool idea.

And thank you for your service. Guys like you are the ones who give guys like me the ability to sit at a computer and make fun of BFBS without worrying about someone blowing off my head.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Up next we have the Laghman Wildcats and the Logar Generals. The Wildcats are based on Kentucky, and where Kentucky has a checkerboard pattern, Laghman has a traditional Afghan pattern. Logar is based on Ole Miss, but has a military flair with those colors.

laghman.png

logar.png

I love how this is based off of the SEC, and it is fun trying to see how your idea ties in to the SEC team. Most importantly, however, thank you so much for your service. I can't imagine joining the forces, and you are making concepts on the job! You must be really chill!

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

First off, thank you for your service. Having family members who have served in Afghanistan and knowing what they went through, i have much respect.

The concept is interesting, and you have some good designs so far. Jalalabad, Kabul, and Khost are among my personal favorites. Since it looks like you started off basing uniforms and logos off of the SEC to start, I'll assume you will be going through some of the other big conferences to base the other uniforms and logos off of. It's a neat cross-over idea if that's the case. I look forward to seeing the rest of your concepts, and stay safe. :flagusa:

Up next we have the Nuristan Fighting Pashtuns, using a fairly light main color like an SEC school I won't mention, and the Paktia State Warriors. The Warriors logo represents not only an Afghan warrior, but also the special shoes they used to wear in battle. The guys at the bazaar here try to get $20 out of you for them, but can be talked down to like $7. Crazy stuff...

nuristan.png

paktiastate.png

It will be on ISSUU when it's all done. As of right now, I'm posting 2 at a time, but I've already finished the CAC and Big XI (Big 10). I'm currently working on the Hindu Kush Conference (not a weed reference, but a regional one) which is based on the Big 12.

Archived