Afghan College Football - 92/138 teams complete

JCRGraphix

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason, the garbage internet here decided it wanted to delete half of the original post. It will be reposted shortly.

For now, here's a look at the next conference, the Big Eight (Big East)...

BIG8.PNG

The first team is the Baghdad Panthers (Pitt). Yes, there is a Baghdad in Afghanistan too. There is one in almost every Islamic country. For this design, I took inspiration from Pitt's old uniforms...

baghdad.png

Up next are the Behsud Bulldogs (UConn). The mascot's name is Spot...

behsud.png

I'm a little surprised at the lack of C/C on the last few, but that's all good, I'll keep chugging along. I have finished 3 more conferences and I'm currently working on bowl game logos, and the "Playoff Special" another magazine/media guide to be released after the first one. There are 3 separate playoffs: the 16-team National Championship Playoff for teams ranked #1-16, the 8-team President's Cup for teams ranked #17-24, and finally the 8-team "Broken Stick" featuring teams #113-120, where teams must win to get out of the tourney, and the biggest losers get the loathed "Broken Stick" Trophy...

Well anyways, here are the final 3 teams of the Big Eight:

Up first we have the #16 Nak Nomads (West Virginia)...

nak.png

The #3 Quli Khish Bears (Cincinnati)...

qulikhish.png

And the Sare Bum Bulls (USF)...

sarebum.png

First of all thank you for your service. Secondly this has been a fantastic series! Team, after team it amazes me what you're doing with these concepts. Quli Khish, and Kamar State are my two favorites from the Big 8. Both logos are fantastic and their jerseys are very good. Behsud's logo is great, but I feel like you struck out with their helmets. In my opinion, if you based their helmet off of their helmet from this year it would make their set one of the best in the Big 8 and the series. The playoff ideas are fantastic, especially the "Broken Stick" which is hilarious. Great work sir!

Up next we have the Northwestern Division (Mountain West)...

NORTHWESTERN.PNG

The first team is the Awbeh Bulldogs (New Mexico) with a retro logo...

awbeh.png

Next up are the Baghlan Pulwars (TCU). The Pulwar is a traditional curved sword used by Afghan warriors...

baghlan.png

Finally, we have the Ghourian Academy Pegazi (Air Force). This is supposed to be a very traditional look. The logo is actually based on a cool old military patch I saw in Ghourian...

ghourian.png

I love all of these. I haven't commented because I don't have anything to say. TCU is not in the Mountain West, but I kno wthats not really the focus of your concept. I really like the way that you kept parts of the USA team's logo and changed to to suit the new Afghan team. (see the Louisville/Kamar St one)

tinysig.jpg

I love all of these. I haven't commented because I don't have anything to say. TCU is not in the Mountain West, but I kno wthats not really the focus of your concept. I really like the way that you kept parts of the USA team's logo and changed to to suit the new Afghan team. (see the Louisville/Kamar St one)

FYI, I pulled all the schedules, scores, and conferences from the 2009 season back when they were in it. That's why Nebraska and Mizzou were still Big 12.

Up next we have the Karokh State Stingers (San Diego State)...

karokhstate.png

The Poshtun Zarghun Flyers (Wyoming). I love brown and gold as a color scheme!

poshtunzarghun.png

And finally for now, the Qala i Naw Rams (Colorado State). These are based on CSU's throwbacks...

qalainaw.png

Alright, here are the last three teams of the Northwestern:

The Qishlak Khwaja Shikras (BYU) are named for a little bird of prey over here.

qishlakkhwaja.png

The Shindand Magic (UNLV) aren't based on their NCAA counterpart at all, but rather an idea I had.

shindand.png

Finally, the Zendeh Jan Dragons (Utah)...

zendehjan.png

I am loving these past few teams! A question though... Why did you pull scores and stuff from the 2009 season?

I liked the even number of teams, and because my Tide won the National Championship. It was a good year for college football.

Things have been pretty wild and busy here in Afghanistan, and I've been working on other things, but don't worry, the ACAA is back! Up next we have the Southwestern Conference...

CONF%2BLAYOUT.png

The first team is the Anar Dara Tigers (Idaho)...

anardara.png

Then the Azad Tech Giants (Louisiana Tech)...

azadtech.png

And the Baghdis Ducks (Boise State)...

baghdis.png

I am loving these past few teams! A question though... Why did you pull scores and stuff from the 2009 season?

I liked the even number of teams, and because my Tide won the National Championship.

Bandwagon fan?

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

I liked the even number of teams, and because my Tide won the National Championship.

Bandwagon fan?

Nope. I went to the University of Alabama in Huntsville and took a few classes in Tuscaloosa. UAH doesn't have a football team so I cheered for UA. Also, my grandparents were from Alabama so I grew up watching them. In fact, growing up, we used to eat cinnamon rolls every Saturday morning, so we called them and still do call them roll tides.

Bandwagon fan?
Nope. I went to the University of Alabama in Huntsville and took a few classes in Tuscaloosa. UAH doesn't have a football team so I cheered for UA. Also, my grandparents were from Alabama so I grew up watching them. In fact, growing up, we used to eat cinnamon rolls every Saturday morning, so we called them and still do call them roll tides.
Ok, good! Love the cinnamon roll name!

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Bandwagon fan?
Ok, good! Love the cinnamon roll name!

My friend's dad's family is from alabama and his mom went to auburn. He says the Iron Bowl every year is crazy.

tinysig.jpg

Archived