LOGOLYMPIAD - EVENT 10 VOTING

pollux

Eighteen entries for the last event! One had to be disqualified unfortunately.

The requirements for this event were:

For the last event of the Logolympiad, you need to create an alternate uniform for any team that ever played in the defunct NFL Europe league.

• You must use an existing logo from the chosen team. It can be the primary logo or any secondary logo associated to the team. Any logo on the sportslogos.net page will be accepted; logos that are not on the page will NOT be accepted.
  • You must work with the existing colors for the team. Do not add another color (other than white).
  • Sublimation is allowed.
  • You must submit a helmet, a jersey, pants and socks for your uniform.
  • The front and the back of the jersey must be displayed in your submission.
  • Use a template showing the jersey as if it was laying flat on a surface. Do NOT submit your entry on a 3D template, as it will be disqualified.

List your 3 favorites, ranked 1, 2, 3.

The vote closes on Monday, November 23rd, 11:59AM Eastern Time (three days from now).

Entries - Full album here

Entry 1

Entry 2

Entry 3

Entry 4

Entry 5 NOTE: The full logo is located above the nameplate

Entry 6

Entry 7

Entry 8

Entry 9

Entry 10

Entry 11

Entry 12

Entry 13

Entry 14

Entry 15

Entry 16

Entry 17

Disqualified Entry

SplashBoogie's entry has labels (SOCKS and SIDE DETAIL) as well as a box around the socks, which was prohibited.

Reminder

The voting will be open to public voting once the event is officially over. Once the finalists have been posted in the event thread, voting will be open for 3 days.

Judging is open to all board members registered BEFORE October 1st. This is to ensure no one is voting for themselves under an alternate login.

Members may vote once per event and may not vote for their own entry (I'll know if you did, and will not count your vote). You may not disclose the identity of any of the designers of the entries until voting closes.

Voting will be via the 3-2-1 points method. Voters will be asked to post their choice for a gold, silver and bronze winner. Gold votes are worth 3 points, Silver worth 2, Bronze worth 1.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My top 3:

1. Entry 10 (great custom work with the elements of that alternate logo--even if the result owes some inspiration to the Oregon Ducks--although I think the numerals/pants stripe fill may be overkill)
  2. Entry 4 (great job of translating the soccer team/flag's iconic look to a football uniform in a legible way, although the pants stripe seems over-the-top)
  3. Entry 14 (yes, it's simple, but I love the concept; I just think the tapered pants stripe holds it back a bit)

Honorable mentions:

• Entry 8 (I like the concept, but the helmet and jersey aren't very legible)
  • Entry 13 (solid, if unspectacular)
  • Entry 16 (gotta give you kudos for making a solid uniform out of a pretty ugly team identity)
  • Entry 2 (reminds me of the Ottawa REDBLACKS' Signature Uniform, which I didn't really like, but hey, you did it)
  • Entry 5 (I want to like this concept, but idk, the execution feels off)
"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Gold: 13 (Simplicity gets the best of me, as I choose it over #11)

Silver: 11 (Really nice design, something very different that I enjoy)

Bronze: 7 (Really creative design by putting the flag on the shoulder. Interesting idea)

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived