Believeland1994

Here is my Cavs rebrand that I did by creating a new logo and uniforms mixing present day Cavs with old school Cavs.

First the Logo:

The logo is based somewhat on the very first logo the Cavs used with the Cavalier by replacing that design with the new one made by someone else (credit for the Cavalier concept goes to him), and mixing it in with the current arched Cleveland and Cavaliers wordmark. The roundel pattern is based on the Austin Carr era stripe pattern and I chose to bring back. I also included the city of Cleveland's skyline (found on vector) and added it at the very bottom with a navy background to symbolize the city at night with Est.1970 to show the Cavs year they were established. At the end of the logo is a stripe pattern found on an old cavs sweatshirt that I have from the late 80's early 90's that surround the teams "V hoop" logo and included the teams All for One One For All slogan.KJF3ne1.png

Uniforms:

All of the uniforms in the set are based off of the Navy blue alternates worn by the Cavs from 2006-2010 but in current wine and gold. Also to note I saw a similar design so I was inspired to give it some tweaks and I think they turned out great. So here they are below. (I used the NBA 2K16 myTeam creator to make the uniforms so sorry for the poor quality, took the pics off of my tv.)

CUYDv_YU8AEkvuV.jpgCUYDwOBXAAEcwjs.jpgCUYDwb0U8AAfQ9x.jpg

So what do you guys think?

Just one before I die.

33933305.jpg

The uniforms are nice, but there are some serious issues with the logo. First of all, saying that someone else made the logo and the credit goes to him, doesn't give anyone credit. How can I give credit to someone who you don't identify. If you took his logo, the least you could do is give him a shout-out.

In addition to that, the Cleveland wordmark on top of the roundel doesn't match the curve of the roundel, which creates some awkward tension in the logo.

I'm not really loving the skyline, but it does help fill the roundel. Maybe the pixelation is the biggest issue for me. The tiny white outline would gets lost; I would eliminate it.

Lastly, the "All for One, One for All" wording is so small that I can hardly read that now. Imagine the logo shrunk down to one-forth the size, and the wording would be completely unreadable. As a general rule, mottoes are best left out of primary logos, and this is no exception.

award%20sig.png

You have to simplify your logo. There is way too much going on. Right now it's a logo within a logo. Maybe take a shot at coming up with something totally custom. You are halfway there. Lose the Cavs logo (that someone else designed) and try something different.

As a starting point, you can stick with the roundel and the cityscape. Lose the Navy blue as mentioned in the previous post. Then just think of other ways to show or say Cavaliers. You could also think about adding a basketball to the inside of the roundel.

Remember, simple is good. A good trick when creating logos is placing yours beside current logos. So you can take a screen shot of the NBA logos page on this site.... and place your logo where the Cavs logo is. This will show you where yours works and doesn't. You will immediately notice that yours is too wide / too complex currently. Simplify and strip it down to the roundel only with the suggested tweaks in the thread and you should be good.

spacer.png

The logo is based somewhat on the very first logo the Cavs used with the Cavalier by replacing that design with the new one made by someone else (credit for the Cavalier concept goes to him)

Please be more specific then that if you're going to use work someone else made. It's appreciated that you're honest about it not being yours but, well, [citation needed]

The uniforms are nice, but there are some serious issues with the logo. First of all, saying that someone else made the logo and the credit goes to him, doesn't give anyone credit. How can I give credit to someone who you don't identify. If you took his logo, the least you could do is give him a shout-out.

In addition to that, the Cleveland wordmark on top of the roundel doesn't match the curve of the roundel, which creates some awkward tension in the logo.

I'm not really loving the skyline, but it does help fill the roundel. Maybe the pixelation is the biggest issue for me. The tiny white outline would gets lost; I would eliminate it.

Lastly, the "All for One, One for All" wording is so small that I can hardly read that now. Imagine the logo shrunk down to one-forth the size, and the wording would be completely unreadable. As a general rule, mottoes are best left out of primary logos, and this is no exception.

This is all true. The uniforms are cool, but the logo just has too much going on. Maybe make it just the cavalier guy, or something completely different.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived