Boar Logo

Ragone

Hey guys. Once again I find myself designing logos again in my spare time. I decided to make a boar logo to start things off. So below I made the logo. This isn't for anything in particular, just to practice and do something in my spare time. I personally feel as though I'm missing a mouth below the nose, but I couldn't get anything I really liked. Any help is greatly appreciated to make the logo better.

33lpohj.png

Not feeling the smoke out of the nose. I'd say either rework that or eliminate it altogether. For the mouth area, I'd suggest adding a simple chin scruff to fill in the empty space. Great start l!

Yeah I do agree with you. I thought adding the nose would kind of remove the need for a mouth. I tried adding some chin scruff, but I can't seem to get anything that looks good. I think I am missing the mouth, so I'm currently trying to get something I like.

it is nice. Only complain is nose. it doesn't feel right

What about the nose doesn't feel right?

Here is the logo without the smoke:

20krxc7.png

Not feeling the smoke out of the nose. I'd say either rework that or eliminate it altogether. For the mouth area, I'd suggest adding a simple chin scruff to fill in the empty space. Great start l!

I agree with these points. The line above the nose could be shrunk, right now it separates the nose too much.

I'd add that the eyes could be shrunk and angled inward and the base of the tusks need to be reworked so the tusks look more attached to the head.

A wild boar is a hard shape to use, especially a front view, so kudos to you for going after it.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

I agree with these points. The line above the nose could be shrunk, right now it separates the nose too much.

I'd add that the eyes could be shrunk and angled inward and the base of the tusks need to be reworked so the tusks look more attached to the head.

A wild boar is a hard shape to use, especially a front view, so kudos to you for going after it.

Thank you for the feedback, will try to rework the nose, tusks, and eyes. Any thoughts on the mouth area?

Nice logo! The nose could probably stand to be a little larger. You could also take the two vertical lines that create the shape of the nose and connect them to the eyes. This will really emphasize the snout...however it might start to look a little close to the Razorbacks logo so maybe try it and see how it looks. I think the eyes need to be more menacing. You could easily add in a thick brow over the eyes that connect to the outer outline, just under the ears. On the pupils themselves, you could try adding a small circular highlight. You will definitely have to show the suggestion of a mouth to fill in that area. Add in a basic bottom lip shape and have the bottom of that shape a little jagged to show that there is scruff or hair.

Hopefully that helps and makes sense. Great work!

spacer.png

The newest one is really cool. It went from eh, to good, to nice. Good work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived