Sign in to follow this  
Wgeddes122

Zenit Concept/Template C&C

So, I am working on making a realistic looking vector soccer template. So far I have the top part done and I just want some C&C on it, and then also some C&C on the Zenit St.Petersburg concept part.

thanks

z384NDx.jpg

nice concept, but the template is off. Add some more shading to specific areas ( near the edges of the sides), and definitely add something around the edge where the chest and arms meet), as well as stitching

nice concept, but the template is off. Add some more shading to specific areas ( near the edges of the sides), and definitely add something around the edge where the chest and arms meet), as well as stitching

ok, what do you mean by "near the edges of the sides", the sides of the jersey?

for the template, I realize probably a lot of you have seen templates that look like this, those typically are photoshop templates this is an illustrator template, just wondering if looks realistic

I think you are close. I know the photoshop versions you are referencing. I think you just need to add in some more details. For instance on the socks... the sock on the left needs some additional shading drawn in. Currently it's just one gradient from top to bottom. Think about adding in a gradient shadow below the socks as well so uni doesn't look like it's floating.

Also, consider using a gradient mesh on the different elements (jersey, shorts and socks). This will allow you to create more realistic shading all round... not just top to bottom or left to right. It takes a bit more effort getting it right in illustator than photoshop but keep at it.

Try dark blue sleeves on the powder blue kit. I'd like to see what that looks like.

thanks for the idea, but I think I am going to leave the designs the way they are and focus on the template aspect

I think you are close. I know the photoshop versions you are referencing. I think you just need to add in some more details. For instance on the socks... the sock on the left needs some additional shading drawn in. Currently it's just one gradient from top to bottom. Think about adding in a gradient shadow below the socks as well so uni doesn't look like it's floating.

Also, consider using a gradient mesh on the different elements (jersey, shorts and socks). This will allow you to create more realistic shading all round... not just top to bottom or left to right. It takes a bit more effort getting it right in illustator than photoshop but keep at it.

thanks for the advice, I'll have to try the gradient mesh

With a realistic template texture is a must, Yes.

These are perfect! I love the realistic templates, but would rather work in Illustrator on 99.9% of my projects. Keep up the great work and let me know when they become available.