Arizona Premier League: HEART OF SONORA (8/10)

H11K

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Navajo Nation:

The name for the team is as obvious as it seems, no tricks or B.S. Brought into light by by owner John Benns he wanted to have

a team that could be relevant in the northern area of the state. By getting strict permission from the Navajo Nation to use their likeness for the team

he located the team in the heart of the Navajo Reservation, Keyenta, AZ. The crest features a Kokopelli standing on a soccer ball, inspiration was used from

Norwich, and The rainbow and mountain peaks are taken from the flag of the Navajo Nation. The uniforms speak for themselves, nothing special, two simple uniforms, no fancy clash kits either. (Per request by The Navajo Nation)

eops7ID.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Navajo Nation:

The name for the team is as obvious as it seems, no tricks or B.S. Brought into light by by owner John Benns he wanted to have

a team that could be relevant in the northern area of the state. By getting strict permission from the Navajo Nation to use their likeness for the team

he located the team in the heart of the Navajo Reservation, Keyenta, AZ. The crest features a Kokopelli standing on a soccer ball, inspiration was used from

Norwich, and The rainbow and mountain peaks are taken from the flag of the Navajo Nation. The uniforms speak for themselves, nothing special, two simple uniforms, no fancy clash kits either. (Per request by The Navajo Nation)

eops7ID.jpg

Beautiful. I think the only thing is you should probably tone down the saturation on the rainbow in the crest. The vibrancy of it is really distracting from the rest of the kit, which is a bit more muted and subtle.

Beautiful. I think the only thing is you should probably tone down the saturation on the rainbow in the crest. The vibrancy of it is really distracting from the rest of the kit, which is a bit more muted and subtle.

About the rainbow, I took the colors straight from the Navajo Flag, so im not sure how much Id be open to changing the saturation but I may try it if other changes are needed.

McCraeWilliamsProductions, on 21 Dec 2015 - 12:41, said:snapback.png

Navajo crest needs some filler, It's kind of empty

Not sure what I would add, not much space. Not that empty IMO.

a2BRS8U.png

I like these overall, but I don't like the white shorts with the cream jersey. I would go with red shorts (or cream shorts for clash purposes).

^^^ This. White doesn't work with these kits.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

HEART OF SONORA (8/10)

From Benson, AZ, the eighth team of the league run by owner Bob Baffert is now in flesh. Baffert wanted to try his luck

in soccer after winning horse racings' most prestigious honor, The Triple Crown. Heart of Sonora is the latest team in the league and wants to

prove that a small town market can host a big time team. The crest has nothing special to it that relates to the city of benson, but inside the square lies

a heart, with a saguaro cactus, that signifies the heart of the sonora desert. Primary uniform is self explanatory but the clash is meant to mimic that of a saguaro cactus with its bold green color and sublimated stripes.

8iaD3p8.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Archived