Arizona Premier League: HEART OF SONORA (8/10)

H11K

Some nice use of colour & design here.

For Benson, Arizona I'd have to include that they are nicknamed the Dark Stars--or something along those lines

but that might just be me...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure why but I think I like the previous version of the crest more. Guess it just made the shape more unique from the rest of the league not just a circle. Great colors great execution besides that IMO

I can understand that, as much as I wanted to keep it I think that the changes made just unified and simplified it more.

That crest is improved; good job. The only thing I'm not really liking about Cibola is the placement of the advertiser on the home kit...not sure that it would look good below the chevron, but I would at least try it.

I would, but watching the timbers game right now and seeing how their advertising placement is done I think mine would be much more visible.

a2BRS8U.png

Rocky Top United:

Brought into the league as the 5th team, Rocky top United was named for the surrounding mountain

geography. Using a nice brick red and a lavender color that represents the late evening December skies, makes

for a very unique color scheme in the APL. The crest is pretty self explanatory, featuring the peaks of the

White Mountains of Arizona, and also a crescent moon over a multi pointed star, as funny as it sounds, the star has 10 points

representing every team in the league. Pocky Top is the only club to do such thing.

WJ4JqBm.png

a2BRS8U.png

Rocky Top United:

Brought into the league as the 5th team, Rocky top United was named for the surrounding mountain

geography. Using a nice brick red and a lavender color that represents the late evening December skies, makes

for a very unique color scheme in the APL. The crest is pretty self explanatory, featuring the peaks of the

White Mountains of Arizona, and also a crescent moon over a multi pointed star, as funny as it sounds, the star has 10 points

representing every team in the league. Pocky Top is the only club to do such thing.

WJ4JqBm.png

I'm not feeling this one. The colors aren't working at all for me.They feel really awkward and the purple kind of hurts to look at. The rendering of the mountains looks too haphazard, and I don't much like the moon or star. The negative space above the mountains feels too tense.

I do like the white set. The purple feels toned down and the large amount of white stops the rust from being overwhelming. The stripes are classy, too.

Rocky Top United:

WJ4JqBm.png

I'm not feeling this one. The colors aren't working at all for me.They feel really awkward and the purple kind of hurts to look at. The rendering of the mountains looks too haphazard, and I don't much like the moon or star. The negative space above the mountains feels too tense.

I do like the white set. The purple feels toned down and the large amount of white stops the rust from being overwhelming. The stripes are classy, too.

Woah I just noticed this, for sme reason the red is wayy more "rusty" than it was when I saved it, Im gonna fix this including the colors in general and crest.

a2BRS8U.png

FC Snowflake: (REPLACES ROCKYTOP)

After the owners had previously released the team crest and kits, the fans rejected them greatly. The Ownership decided to do a

total as they had enough time to do so before season play started. Naming the team after nearby city, Snowflake, AZ. The city of Snowflake was

gracious in letting a team named after their city reside in Show Low as the city of Snowflake is too small

to hold a team. The Owners created the new crest and uniforms in hope that it would become the class of the league. The color choice was made in thought

that Navy and White would signify the simplicity of the organization, and also represent a fresh start after the previous was brand was shot down.

The inclusion of the sky blue was added only to the crest for fear that it would muddle up a great look on the uniforms.

xVoyRSw.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Snowflake looks really nice and classy there!

Rocky Top, meanwhile, is something quite in need of a facelift. As many have commented, you should darken the shade of purple you used. Also, you should give the mountain a new rendering, as it's way too jagged and uneven as it is. The rust color is a nice touch, though.

Snowflake looks really nice and classy there!

Rocky Top, meanwhile, is something quite in need of a facelift. As many have commented, you should darken the shade of purple you used. Also, you should give the mountain a new rendering, as it's way too jagged and uneven as it is. The rust color is a nice touch, though.

Snowflake replaced Rocky top!

a2BRS8U.png

Paradise Valley FC:

Welcoming the 6th team to the APL we have Paradise valley FC, located in the suburb of Mesa just outside

of the city of Phoenix. Brought into existence by James Kirk, the owner of Shamrock Farms. Kirk

wanted to own a team in the league that could provide fans with not only great soccer, but a stadium

in which they can go to a game and relax on a great Saturday afternoon. He chose the colors of Sunshine Peach, Aqua (as he's from Miami) and

a Paradise Purple to compliment the other two. The primary kit is a simple design with two bars across the chest that mimmic the teams stadium roof, The Clash kit, features 5 stripes down the chest, representig the 5 suburbs that make up the southeastern Phoenix area, and the Aqua stripe represents the

suburb of mesa. The new club is immediately thrown into a fierce rivalry with cross town neighbor Sun Valley FC.

prn8L55.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Crests need a lot of work, for most of them. A lot of them seem very similar and some of the "pale" colors chosen don't work together

Okay, thats the first time that anyones said anything about the crests, except for maybe the last one, so they only real changes Ive made were small tweaks.

a2BRS8U.png

Archived