Arizona Premier League: HEART OF SONORA (8/10)

H11K

While I understand Prescott's specific significance of the four stars, I think it's best that it's incorporated inside the crest somehow, maybe in the middle diamond band of checkers; stars around soccer crests usually signify championships, which isn't your intent for Prescott, seemingly.

Also, how would you address people who would think "Scott Town" would refer to Scottsdale instead of Prescott?

Never thought of that, actually when thinking of the name, Scottsdale didn't even come to mind. I think the main reasoning people would at first think Scottsdale is because its more of a suburb in Phoenix and necessarily a Town, Like Prescott is. As for the stars, I couldn't find a great way to incorporate the stars directly into the crest, so I may scratch the stars and leave it at that. And I did just that, Check the Final Update Post.

a2BRS8U.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In actuality, Scottsdale is quite a famous little city in the Phoenix area. It has an affluent population, and Scottsdale's architecture and golf courses are also pretty famous. Prescott I don't hear all that much about.

But if you really wanted to, certainly feel free to keep your name for Prescott! :)

Uniforms for Scott Town F.C.

Pretty simple but sleek uniforms for the first team in the APL. Used the Navy blue as the Primary and the Light Blue as the Clash.

The Primary features the double stripe down the chest as the Clash features the pattern from the crest in a semi sublimated way.

Scott Town F.C. is sponsored by Basha's, a local grocer to many cities in Arizona

XtK41wn.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Sun Valley FC:

Introducing the 2nd team in the Inaugural season of the APL, Sun Valley Football Club. Brought into the league

by the Cardinals Owner-Michael Bidwill, they share the same stadium as the cardinals. The colors of the team, Deep Valley Purple, and Sunshine Orange, represent the various colors that can be seen throughout both sunrise and sunsets in the greater Phoenix area. Their Primary kit is an all purple kit with sublimated striping down the front, and the clash kit is very unique kit. Using ash like colors for the fact that Phoenixes are reincarnated through

ashes, the front of the jersey features a sublimated Phoenix wing.

dy4kD5O.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Scott Town: The overall idea for the crest is good. I don't think the font works though. It has a 70's vibe, and the "n" being lower case bothers me. I like the font you used in the 1st uniform image posted for Scott Town better .The shield outlines (blue, white, and green) are not uniform in width on the left and right side (which may just be a centering issue). I would also suggest making the checker board pattern touch the outline of the crest uniformly on the left, top, and right sides. Having only full squares, or only half squares touching the border on those three side will help the overall symmetry of the crest. You may play around with moving the banner up a little higher also exposing the roundness of the bottom of the crest a little more.

Sun Valley: Nice crest. The only thing I could see that might make it better is sharpening the purple outline of the phoenix wing tips. Right now the wing tip outline is round, but the orange wing tips are sharp. Also the uniform colors are not really contrasting for home to away. Both are very dark colors. Maybe do a vertical stripe kit to match the crest???

Kit update for Sun Valley:

Updated the stripes on the Primary to create a bolder/cleaner look overall, and paired the jersey with white shorts.

On the Clash kit, I changed the cuffs and collar to the Valley Purple Color in order to make the Jersey "Pop" better.

DvoLATm.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Ponderosa Union

The latest team in the Arizona Premier league hails from Flagstaff, brought into the league by a citizen ownership

located in a wealthy neighborhood in Flagstaff, located near Ponderosa High. The crest features a Ponderosa Pine tree silhouette, with a sublimated brick pattern (found on the city flag) in the back. The "owners" decided on a sky blue and forest green color scheme

creating a very unique yet classy look for the team. The kits are very simple, as the Primary Kit is Ponderosa Green with a Flag Blue

diagonal stripe running down the front. The clash kit is very simple uniform, fading from white to the sleek Flag blue and into the shorts.

The Primary and Clash Kits are instantaneously one of the most recognizable and sleekest uniforms in the APL.

z3KOSyW.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Flagstaff is a pretty cool look, though I have one complaint only: the initials "PU" instantly brings to mind the stench of poop. Probably not something you'd want on anything...

(You can, however, spell out "Ponderosa United" on a banner at the bottom of the crest, perhaps.)

CIBOLA CRUSADERS (4/10)

The Cibola Crusaders enter in the league as the 4th team to do so. Named after one of the seven cities of

gold and located in Yuma, which is right at the hear of the myth the Cibola Crusaders

are an excellent admission to the League. Boasting one of if not the best color schemes around

the Crusaders took on using a Cibola Gold, Yuma Teal, and Sonoran Anthracite and executed the color scheme. The primary Kit features an anthracite jersey, accented by a two toned gold and teal chevron at the top of the chest. The Clash Kit, features gold and teal hoops, and white sleeves. The crest is something that took my the most time to create, and finally coming up with a solution. An interlocking between two C's with the swords of the many crusaders who have tried and failed to discover the great city of gold.

mnRT18B.jpg

a2BRS8U.png

Very interesting color scheme you got for Cibola! I really like the color distribution of it throughout the kits.

I think you should add a little identifier to Yuma, though. Think of the 2016- West Ham (of the Premier League) crest about how it includes the team name as well as a location identifier.

(The gold/teal/gray of Cibola is an awesome color matchup to my Sol de Yuma's purple/gold! :))

Archived