16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

That is my understanding, yes. Another rumor I saw going around, and not sure how legitimate this may be, but is a black jersey with one blue sleeve and one red sleeve. Definitely not my first choice, but I suppose it wouldn't be horrible given the new crest uses the darker colors rather than the current bright shades. Could have sworn I saw this same rumor last year, but with a white jersey and different sleeves...

A black jersey with a navy sleeve and red sleeve? That sounds terrible.

gYH2mW9.png

On Monday, February 01, 2016 at 9:07 PM, aawagner011 said:

That is my understanding, yes. Another rumor I saw going around, and not sure how legitimate this may be, but is a black jersey with one blue sleeve and one red sleeve. Definitely not my first choice, but I suppose it wouldn't be horrible given the new crest uses the darker colors rather than the current bright shades. Could have sworn I saw this same rumor last year, but with a white jersey and different sleeves...

That would be horrible.  Red, white and blue should be the only colors used on the kits. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I am convinced they literally only care about jersey sales and not about trying to create or keep any sort of tradition. If the new USMNT home hit is black that basically confirms this. I could see a black away kit if they wanted to experiment but you should never screw around with a nation's home kit like that. Especially when we are hosting our biggest tournament in 20 years

la-front_back-0.png

la-jock-tag.pngla-crest.pngla-external-tape.png

" Finally, there's the crest--with a star update. The single gold star is part of a new star convention on MLS jerseys; this one represents five MLS Cup wins."

Really love these kits. I really wish MLS would stick with a consistent policy on championship stars. The gold one now represents 5 championships.

16 hours ago, aztex82 said:

IBLLHWYCRKNEUFO.20160205013210.png

... Ugh.

If they are going to put such a focus on the points of the spur, at least make it less "cartoony".

1. Equalize the points

2. Move it to the center of the shield

3. Move FC up with San Antonio

Also, fiesta colors would be a nice touch instead of the greys but not vital.

13 minutes ago, PaperThin said:

I wish they used the old 90s Spurs colors on the stripes to give it more color, then I'd like it more.

e04ylwkfdofkr2ctlerjov26s.gif

Someone brought up a fun point though: that with the red line, it'd be hilarious and very San Antonian if the sponsor for the jersey turns out to be Big Red.  Frankly, Big Red FC would be a fun name.

Apparently though, the five stripes represent the five military branches in the city, which is a cool touch.

GR30a5H.png

Archived