16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

I noticed something strange. AFC Wimbledon is using this fan created logo conept:

http://www.designfootball.com/design-galleries/football-crests/new-afc-wimbledon-crest-6141

on one of their graphics for the new stadium.

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/club/new-stadium/index.aspx

of1y5x.jpg

What does that mean?

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

I noticed something strange...

Curious. It might simply be that the architects searched online for a logo to use and grabbed the concept rather than the club's actual crest. If that's the case though, it's not only sloppy on their part but also very odd that no one at the club picked up on it.

On 5/13/2016 at 9:07 AM, Berlin Wall said:

Crystal Palace:

crystal-palace-16-17-kit%2B%25282%2529.j

FC Augsburg:

ob_f1f525_augsburg-trikots-2016-2017.jpe

Two things:

1. I love how Palace are so keen on switching kit style — between thin stripes, thick stripes, halved kits and now these, they keep things fresh while staying true to the club colours. Lovely, German-esque from them.

2. I hate how Nike’s ruined Germany’s best kits with Augsburg.

6fQjS3M.png

Hoffenheim is surprisingly good on the field. With all the blue-white teams maybe they can "own" blue-black (or is it royal-navy?) if they stick to it. Not a fan of Darmstadt, the gradients look odd and the angle of the gradients is terrible.

Dortmund looks really cool on field. Glad Puma sticked to black shorts in the end, plus I am a HUGE fan of the new Puma font. Bayern however looks strange in white pants. Will be interesting if they switch back to all red like the last time they tried this.

20 minutes ago, Pabig said:

Hoffenheim is surprisingly good on the field. With all the blue-white teams maybe they can "own" blue-black (or is it royal-navy?) if they stick to it. Not a fan of Darmstadt, the gradients look odd and the angle of the gradients is terrible.

Hoffenheim is definitely navy. I kinda think that royal blue and navy will be overused next season. We already have Hoffenheim, Darmstadt and Schalke using that combo. Somehow I expect Hertha to also use two shades of blue. But we'll see.

But I also think that nearly all kits looked good on field. Darmstadt looks not as good as this season, but it's ok and looks kinda cool.

The Hoffenheim kit may be the best they ever used. This club has about zero character, so they have to do something special to their kits at least.

I hated the BVB kit when it was leaked and released. But I have to admit that they aren't that bad.

And somehow Bayern looked kinda right with white shorts. I don't know why but it just fits well with the shirt. I hope they'll use white shorts more often in the future. The monochrome red is really boring.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Juventus

juventus-16-17-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Milan

milan-16-17-home-kit%2B%25281%2529.jpg

While the design of Milan's front of the shirt isn't bad (though I don't like the plain sleeves), the back is total black

milan-16-17-home-kit%2B%25283%2529.jpg

It makes even less sense for Milan than for those white/color teams. They've got two dark colors and it's never been an issue reading the numbers, they've only ever had a one color base on the numbers once, even in the Champions League  they've never had problems (and it's not like they have to worry about UEFA regulations, LOL). from the back it's just a black shirt.

Though I wish both Juve and Milan would use white shorts and not the black used in the promo shots

Corinthians

corinthians-2016-17-home-kit%2B%25282%25

07Giants.pngnyy.png

5 minutes ago, anythinglogos said:

While the design of Milan's front of the shirt isn't bad (though I don't like the pain sleeves), the back is total black

It makes even less sense for Milan than for those white/color teams. They've got two dark colors and it's never been an issue reading the numbers, they've only ever had a one color base on the numbers once, even in the Champions League  they've never had problems (and it's not like they have to worry about UEFA regulations, LOL). from the back it's just a black shirt.

Though I wish bot Juve and Milan would use white shorts and not the black used in the promo shots

Truth spoken.

6 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Juventus

juventus-16-17-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Milan

milan-16-17-home-kit%2B%25281%2529.jpg

While the design of Milan's front of the shirt isn't bad (though I don't like the plain sleeves), the back is total black

Though I wish both Juve and Milan would use white shorts and not the black used in the promo shots

Corinthians

corinthians-2016-17-home-kit%2B%25282%25

I don't mind the plain sleeves, but I agree that there should definitely be stripes on the back rather than just plain. I think it may be part of Adidas' template with the mesh back.

Corinthians looks nice I guess, but the game collar is tacky.

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I don't think that Corinthians shirt is the Aeroswift jersey.  Not because of the lack of the mesh inserts, but rather the collar looks different. 

Nah, it's the same. Just both parts of the color are black.

corinthians-2016-2017-nike-home-kit-1.jp

On May 14, 2016 at 11:35 AM, Berlin Wall said:

I noticed something strange. AFC Wimbledon is using this fan created logo conept:

http://www.designfootball.com/design-galleries/football-crests/new-afc-wimbledon-crest-6141

on one of their graphics for the new stadium.

http://www.afcwimbledon.co.uk/club/new-stadium/index.aspx

of1y5x.jpg

What does that mean?

Wow. 

orig-new-afc-wimbledon-crest-6141

I hope it means they've bought it -  so so much better than their regular crest. 

Archived