16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Berlin Wall said:

This crest ruins everything:

west-ham-16-17-home-kit-2.jpg

I like the new crest.  Better than the old one, at any rate.  I also like this new shirt - looks clean enough, even with the claret Union Jacks.

I don't like Umbro putting their name on the sleeves.

On 5/27/2016 at 10:56 AM, Gothamite said:

I like the new crest.  Better than the old one, at any rate.  I also like this new shirt - looks clean enough, even with the claret Union Jacks.

I don't like Umbro putting their name on the sleeves.

I know they got rid of the castle because it represented the Boleyn Ground but I think they should have kept it. The crest is so empty without something in that middle space. Also, I'd like to see more teams add touches like their local flags or emblems to the uniforms somewhere. It's somewhat prevalent in Spain, more because of fervent regionalism, but it can look good when done in a way similar to how it's done here. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Never liked the castle.  Very cheesy.  Bad enough when they had those big faux castle towers outside the ground, but now that they're moving into a new stadium it's time to leave that motif behind. 

I like boiling down the identity, shedding any extraneous elements.  Crossed hammers on a shield works perfectly for me. 

I think West Ham’s crest would be a lot better with bolder hammers. There’s so much empty space in it that I… don’t like. If they were going to have that much empty space, they should’ve gone for a retro feel — I just can’t look at that crest and think anything other than “clip art.”

6fQjS3M.png

Bordeaux looks like one of those really bad women's cut replicas that Adidas makes for MLS.

Side note, never understood the rational for using plain text to highlight special events like championship games or inaugural seasons. The fact that West Ham could wear that kit with the text for a whole season really ruins it for me. I would much prefer a small, unique patch like what NYCFC had last year.

21 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

It looks like the same ban will also appear in lower leagues, look at Wigan home, they've got stripes on back only in 1/4 area.

I've not heard anything about this rule applying to the Football League, which is a separate entity from the Premier League. I'd say in Wigan's case it's an aesthetic choice, based on the fact that numbers show up less well on their blue and white stripes than on other clubs where there's less of a contrast between colours.

Mind, if the top flight leads it's not hard to imagine the Football League following suit sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, Jaffa said:

I've not heard anything about this rule applying to the Football League, which is a separate entity from the Premier League. I'd say in Wigan's case it's an aesthetic choice, based on the fact that numbers show up less well on their blue and white stripes than on other clubs where there's less of a contrast between colours.

Mind, if the top flight leads it's not hard to imagine the Football League following suit sooner rather than later.

It may be something the FA is considering but I haven't heard a definitive ban across all of the leagues. It's Kappa making the kit so it may be a rule in Italy already.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

They might as well ban stripes all together now. I personally think it's impossible in most cases to pull off a back with no stripes when the front does, if they want to restrict clubs like that they should just go all the way instead of wimping out at just the back. What if the refs and viewers can't read the sponsor on the front?

Worst decision ever, they've been looking at numbers with stripes on the back forever I have no idea why it's such a issue now. It's so terribly ugly I have no idea how anyone could even bear to stand it.

All that matters is love, love, your love...

Archived