jaker52

16-17 Soccer Kits

I don't mind the US in black, but I would rather have red or blue. Black just doesn't seem American to me.

Agreed. Told my kid that the US colors are rec, white and blue. Her reply is, "No!!!!!!! They're black"!!!!!!! Yes dear, the uniform is black because they can't make up their mind what they want to look like. 

The kit's better than most of Nike's international kits though... I mean look at what we got!

1 hour ago, JosiahWVU said:

I don't mind the US in black, but I would rather have red or blue. Black just doesn't seem American to me.

Especially since the last time the US wore black in a major international tournament, it ended poorly.

USA should never be in black there is no reason for it and it looks horrible. We are Red White and Blue. Not black...

5 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

USA should never be in black there is no reason for it and it looks horrible. We are Red White and Blue. Not black...

There’s a lot of places where I’d agree with you, but this is soccer — the aesthetic’s just… different. Home kits are typically the same, sure, but road kits should be a place to do something different.

This England road kit from a few years back was absolutely lovely; but it wasn’t the classic red away kit we typically associate with the Three Lions.

Bulgaria+v+England+EURO+2012+Qualifier+p

It’s one example, but away kits are a spot to do something different.

Tbh I don't think International teams should mess with their jerseys that much. I like those England jerseys, but not for England, They should have a red away IMO

8 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

There’s a lot of places where I’d agree with you, but this is soccer — the aesthetic’s just… different. Home kits are typically the same, sure, but road kits should be a place to do something different.

3 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Tbh I don't think International teams should mess with their jerseys that much. I like those England jerseys, but not for England, They should have a red away IMO

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Only because the home colors are nigh-untouchable.  

Yeah, home colours are pretty much untouchable to the vast majority of supporters for both club and country. I'd also agree with njdevs7 that a lot of international teams have traditional away colours that shouldn't be messed with. Not that it can't be done but more often than not, the traditional colours should be used. The example you used Crash is a good one because it was the first non-red away kit for England since Euro '96.

For club teams, a lot of teams also have a few different choices that they rotate between for away kits but the "rules" aren't as strict and going with something new or different will mostly be accepted so long as you don't use your rivals colours or anything silly like that. 3rd/Alternate kits are pretty much free from any of these fans "rules".

Just now, Berlin Wall said:

Holy crap.

ob_e736ba_galatasaray-nouveau-maillot-20

Dear lord, that is awful. Nike has gone down the toilet in terms of aesthetic quality in the past couple years.

That kit is something from the 1980's or early 90's. Looks like the background behind Max Headroom.

3 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Holy crap.

ob_e736ba_galatasaray-nouveau-maillot-20

I feel like I need orange and red 3D glasses to look at this kit.

I Mean, for as much crap as we give Adidas, they do tend to have big hits along with their misses. Everything Nike's doing feels like it needs to be flushed down the toilet...

Some aways kits

West Ham:

ob_c33c46_west-ham-nouveau-maillot-payet

Bordeaux:

ob_0089c0_bordeaux-maillot-exterieur-201

Liverpool:

ob_679175_liverpool-maillot-exterieur-20

The Football League's new branding is now in effect. A look at Blink 182's Wigan kits with new numbers from the EFL's twitter.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

AS Roma. I know it is just another template fill (really hope they quit this crap next year) but it really does not look bad. I especially like the yellow shoulders on the home. Sorry for the crappy quality. 

ZAnd_J9o.jpg

ytj.png