16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

18 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Some aways kits

West Ham:

ob_c33c46_west-ham-nouveau-maillot-payet

Liverpool:

ob_679175_liverpool-maillot-exterieur-20

These are both solid.  I'm really liking Liverpool's aesthetic identity this year.

spacer.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, aztex82 said:

The Football League's new branding is now in effect. A look at Blink 182's Wigan kits with new numbers from the EFL's twitter.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The numbers are a lot easier to read. The sleeve badge reminds me of the UEFA Respect badges that teams wear in tournaments. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 2016-06-08 at 9:21 AM, marble21 said:

It bothers me a lot more than it should that the 3 stripes on the shirt are white on black but the shorts and socks are red on black. 

A lot of the "teamwear" contracted Adidas teams tend to have these inconsistencies I've noticed.

How many English teams have black shorts with red and white striped shirt? Sunderland, Stoke, Southampton and who else?

17 hours ago, steven919 said:

How many English teams have black shorts with red and white striped shirt? Sunderland, Stoke, Southampton and who else?

This website is a great reference point that I like to use:  http://www.kitclassics.co.uk/Eng_004.htm

You can add Cheltenham, Exeter and Lincoln to the list of teams. Lincoln were relegated from the Football League at the end of the 2010/11 season though.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

6 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

FC Hansa Rostock (I really like this Nike template):

dcdh5e.jpg

That's new teamwear this year and available in the States! I'm considering these for my Sunday League team. They and Puma have a similar looking kit this year.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, nas1787 said:

Those Kappa shorts are terrible. 12 separate logos!

Agreed. It wouldn't be as bad as it is if the sleeves were the same. At least there would be some consistency.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

I've warmed up to the USA's black kits, though it bugs my OCD that the collar is all blue, rather than half and half. Would have been nicer if the collar was red on the red side and blue on the blue side, or if it contrasted the sleeve color. If this was too difficult, they should have made it all black and avoided the problem all together.

cdd.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

While we already knew Croatia and Turkey weren't issued Nike's Aeroswift technology, it's interesting to see the on field product. It's almost a hybrid between the replicas and Aeroswifts. The neckline graphic is printed like the replicas, rather than the woven Aeroswift text. It still appears that the side panels are the same as the Aeroswift models versus the replicas. The shorts are the new Aeroswift (you can see the mesh and also the red tab on the back of the waist).

3308282.jpg

Rakitic.jpg

1875008-39497160-1600-900.jpg

Lastly, France did not wear the Hyperstrong sock sleeves like they are supposed to. Supposedly the USA and France were the only teams to be given the sleeves, and the USA is definitely wearing them, but France stuck with the normal socks.

Quote taken from Nike's 2016 kit release for France about the sock sleeves.

New bright red Nike Hyperstrong Match Sleeves highlight the most dynamic part of the footballer’s body, the lower legs, to accentuate speed. Modified to today’s game, the new sleeve incorporates additional ankle reinforcements and protection pads in high-risk areas, without inhibiting agility. 

This is what they are supposed to look like (more of a polyester material with printed Nike logo).

france-euro-2016-nike-kit-3.jpg

And this is what they wore.

dimitri-payet720.jpg

Here are the USA's sock sleeves for comparison (no roll over cuff, printed swoosh, stitched seam down the back).

gettyimages-537954912.jpg

539497814.jpg

The side stripes are from the same designs worn by the Nike teams this year. As far as the socks, I believe they changed the colors on the socks. There's still a pattern on the back of ththe socks.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

15 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

The shorts are the new Aeroswift (you can see the mesh and also the red tab on the back of the waist).

It looks like aeroswift, but according to nike press release, these ones for Croatia, Poland, Turkey etc is made from woven not knitted like aeroswfit shorts.

4r2eer.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The side stripes are from the same designs worn by the Nike teams this year. As far as the socks, I believe they changed the colors on the socks. There's still a pattern on the back of ththe socks.

It's a very strange situation. Chile (another team without Aeroswift) looks like they have the rubberized logos like all of the new 2016 kits. The side stripes are the exact same as the Aeroswift models. I have both a replica and authentic USA kit and the replica is basically a thick red stripe with tiny white pinstripes stitched into the stripe to simulate the effect. The Aeroswift authentic is a stretchy white stripe with multiple overlayed red stripes, which when stretched, reveal the color stripe beneath.

Replica:

IMG_2556 (1).JPG

Aeroswift:

IMG_2560 (1).JPG

Chile:

chile-2016-copa-america-kit-3.jpg

eduardo-vargas-of-chile-is-congratulated

eduardo-vargas-of-chile-celebrates-after

usa-today-9334270.0.jpg

Those side stripes are definitely the same as Aeroswift. It looks like the only difference is that they don't have the mesh chest and back panels, as well as the woven sleeves.

As for France's socks, what I meant was they were supposed to have the neoprene looking sleeve sock (which is plain on the back), not a traditional sock (which has the calf stripes). France and the USA were supposed to be the only two teams to have the Hyperstrong socks.

The USA sells a sock with the calf design like every other team has, but they wear the Hyperstrong stripe-less design.

nike-usa-2016-match-home-socks-9.jpg

Archived