16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that a number 3? I thought it was the number font but it is much different in the EUROS. Also a general soccer question..is there a pattern for years the copa america is played? It was just played back to back years but now it wont be played until 2019...

ireland-2014-2015-umbro-home-footb-all-kit-6-e1422153610249.jpg

7 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

Is that a number 3? I thought it was the number font but it is much different in the EUROS. Also a general soccer question..is there a pattern for years the copa america is played? It was just played back to back years but now it wont be played until 2019...

Copa America has switched its schedule a few times -- now it's generally played in years after the World Cup. This 2016 one was a special one-off hosted in the US to mark the tournament's 100th anniversary.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

3 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I'm not seeing the 3 you are referring to but I assume you are talking about Ireland. If so, that is actually the shirt sponsor which unfortunately looks like a front number. That is why the number font is different than the 3 font. The Copa America is played every 4 years (now) it seems in the past it has had many different timelines between tournaments. This year is the 100th anniversary of the first CA and is a 'special edition' which is why it is being played in the US in the summer following another CA.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

10 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Is that a number 3? I thought it was the number font but it is much different in the EUROS.

ireland-2014-2015-umbro-home-footb-all-kit-6-e1422153610249.jpg

That's not a number, it's the logo of "Three", an Irish mobile carrier.

3_Store_on_Grafton_Street,_Dublin,_Irela

Ireland is unusual in that they have a sponsor logo on their shirts except where specifically prohibited by FIFA regulations.  So not in World Cup play, but pretty much everywhere else.

3 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's not a number, it's the logo of "Three", an Irish mobile carrier.

3_Store_on_Grafton_Street,_Dublin,_Irela

Ireland is unusual in that they have a sponsor logo on their shirts except where specifically prohibited by FIFA regulations.  So not in World Cup play, but pretty much everywhere else.

Actually only on the replicas. I've never been able to find a replica without Eircom or 3 on it unless it was a game worn kit for auction. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Sorry, that's what I meant.  They only sell replicas with the sponsor logo on it, and the only time you'll see a shirt without the "3" is one actually worn by a player in a FIFA or UEFA competition.  Apparently FIFA regs don't impact the retail versions.

Well, that's one way to make people buy the authentic, or should I say 3 ways.

Except I've never seen them offered in the US and most fans are good buying the replicas. I think it's a case of not wanting to pay over the hill prices just to have that one piece removed. I'd rather not pay $90 for a USA replica but I'm definitely not paying $150 for a tighter fit jersey that supposedly breathes better.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Viola73 said:

Well, that's one way to make people buy the authentic, or should I say 3 ways.

Nope - every single jersey they sell comes with the sponsor logo, too.  

Literally the only place you won't find one is when FIFA rules prohibit it.  So actual on-field, issued by the organization to a player in a FIFA or UEFA competition.  Every other jersey has the sponsor, "authentic" or no.  

22 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Nope - every single jersey they sell comes with the sponsor logo, too.  

Literally the only place you won't find one is when FIFA rules prohibit it.  So actual on-field, issued by the organization to a player in a FIFA or UEFA competition.  Every other jersey has the sponsor, "authentic" or no.  

Well, that just sucks. 

^^

I like it, but Not with yellow socks

The away is very nice

16InterLK3.jpg

AS Roma

16RomaLK1.jpg16RomaLK3.jpg

at least the maroon  isn't as obtrusive as least year's sleeves, but it kind of looks like it came from Nike's training range. The away kit I don't like, the 80's crest is good but there should be some yellow in there somewhere.

And Atleti's clash

16ATMAWAYLK1.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived