16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

9 hours ago, Bayne said:

God I am so sick of Barcelona's repeatedly trodden out, garish bright florescent pinks and greens. It's so ghastly and inharmonious. 

This is their thing so I'm good with it. The turquoise green kit was ugly as heck but these will look pretty good as it's a solid purple kit. Having been to Barcelona I can tell you the colors are not random. You'll find many buildings downtown and near the Barceloneta with smatterings of these colors. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is their thing so I'm good with it. The turquoise green kit was ugly as heck but these will look pretty good as it's a solid purple kit. Having been to Barcelona I can tell you the colors are not random. You'll find many buildings downtown and near the Barceloneta with smatterings of these colors. 

It seems redundant in a way. They've already got a somewhat unique colour scheme, yet they have felt the need to inject a whole palette of florescent colours into the mix as well? I mean, yeah it is their thing I guess, but it just seems unnecessary and a little tacky to me. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I'm surprised this hasn't been discussed earlier, but QPR terminated their contract with Nike partly sue to fan backlash over the fact their Nike kits did not feature hoops going all the way around the kit.

Dryworld is a Canadian sportswear manufacturer that is pushing hard to get into the football world. They already have a few South American clubs, and beginning this season will have both QPR and Watford. So it will be great to see a smaller manufacturer in the PL. 

Dryworld's big thing is that they make bespoke kits, and work with the club. That means you don't end up with weird cut off hoops just to satisfy a template. The quality shows with those QPR kits. And you'll notice their is specifically a promo shot of the back of the kit: 

QPR Home Kit 16 17

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2016/04/25/dryworld-marks-its-european-arrival-new-qpr-kit-deal

http://www.watfordfc.com/news/article/160509-dryworld-watford-fc-announcement-3104412.aspx 

3 hours ago, Bayne said:

It seems redundant in a way. They've already got a somewhat unique colour scheme, yet they have felt the need to inject a whole palette of florescent colours into the mix as well? I mean, yeah it is their thing I guess, but it just seems unnecessary and a little tacky to me. 

You know barcas always become the Alts the next year right? They use the fluorescent colors because they clash with their regular home kits and are popular trendy colors.

New Balance has churned out acceptable kits for Liverpool for two years in a row. I'm liking them as a kit manufacturer. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, aupa said:

Those QPR Kits are beautiful, but when would the away ever be worn? In no way is that a contrast to the home

I’d say that away kit could definitely be worn against sides that wear solid blue at home — so Birmingham, Cardiff, Ipswich and Wigan. They’ll probably try to wear it against other white-and-blue clubs, too, if we’re being honest.

But also there’s a good chance they’ll wear it on some away days where they could wear their primary kit just fine to promote it.

6fQjS3M.png

2 hours ago, Asterix777 said:

Lille looking very nice. Can we agree NB has done a really good job as a kit supplier? 

NB and Umbro have had some of the best kits in recent years in my opinion. Very much underrated.

Brace yourselves... tons of new kits released

Classy clash kits from umbro for Lens and Nantes, but maybe a bit too similar?

rc-lens-16-17-away-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

nantes-16-17-away-kit%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Staying in France, Lorient away

lorient-16-17-away-kit%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Sevilla's clash and third are both very nice (especially the third, but I'm biased)

sevilla-16-17-away-kit%2B%25283%2529.jpgsevilla-16-17-third-kit%2B%25282%2529.jp

Benfica home and away

16BENFICALK4-640x640.jpg16BENFICALK9-640x640.jpg

Sassuolo with a very skewed sash on their clash kit, and the usual blue third

16USSASSUOLO4.jpg

Kobenhavn

copenhaguen1.jpeg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

1 hour ago, Asterix777 said:

Is it me, or do Kobenhavn have some of the most underrated kits in world football?  Truly Gorgeous.

I love their kits. Always clean in all white with a little bit of blue and maybe black.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Archived