16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Millonarios FC:

Millonario-2016-adidas-Jersey-1.jpgMillonario-2016-adidas-Jersey-2.jpg

Simple, but I really like both of those shirts. The giant Pepsi logo is a shame, but at least it kind of goes with the blue shirt.

If only Adidas designs were always this understated and classy.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Hmm, I'm curious to see if the new kit actually has horizontal stripes like those on the snapchat drawings. Personally I hope so, I think that could look very good for them.

If they do they'll be sublimated. DC United had three stripes across the front before adidas put the stripes on everyone's jerseys.  I don't think New England would want a similar look as a rival previously was well known for. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

16 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they do they'll be sublimated. DC United had three stripes across the front before adidas put the stripes on everyone's jerseys.  I don't think New England would want a similar look as a rival previously was well known for. 

I was thinking something more along the line of horizontal pinstripes that start below the sponsor logo. I definitely would not be in favor of them going a route similar to what DCU used to do, but I think thin white horizontal pinstripes (similar to the socks on last year's home kit) would be a very nice look.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I was thinking something more along the line of horizontal pinstripes that start below the sponsor logo. I definitely would not be in favor of them going a route similar to what DCU used to do, but I think thin white horizontal pinstripes (similar to the socks on last year's home kit) would be a very nice look.

I'm seeing this as well, like a Breton stripe sweater where the stripes start well down the shirt and the area around the neck is solid. I'd imagine horizontal pinstripes so that it won't look too similar to DC or Chicago's traditional looks. Maybe something like the 1999 away jersey but with the colors reversed.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Got a lot to cover here.  First, two Nike teams from the J.League - here's Urawa Red Diamonds:

urawa-red-diamonds-2016-kits-2.jpgurawa-red-diamonds-2016-kits-5.jpg

And Kashima Antlers:

kashima-antlers-2016-kits-1.jpg

kashima-antlers-2016-away-kit.jpg

Then, a new logo for Sheffield Wednesday, which is basically their logo from the 50's:

Sheffield-Wednesday-Crest%2B%25282%2529.

Next, looks like Aston Villa will be wearing Under Armour next season, which puts them as the third PL team done by UA (Spurs and Southampton): http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/01/aston-villa-to-sign-under-armour-kit-deal.html?m=1

And best for last, Ethiopia has a few interesting options for their first uniforms from AMS.  Here's the home options:

Ethopia-Kits%2B%25284%2529.jpg

And here's clash:

Ethopia-Kits%2B%25285%2529.jpg

If you're wondering what the hell option four of the home kits looks like, fear not!

Ethopia-Kits%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Also here's what option one of the home kits looks like:

Ethopia-Kits%2B%25283%2529.jpg

I'm not gonna lie, I kinda like that eyesore 4th option, but I know that it would look awful from a distance.  I'd go for 1 for home and 4 for clash probably.

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

59 minutes ago, FlyingLamprey said:

Next, looks like Aston Villa will be wearing Under Armour next season, which puts them as the third PL team done by UA (Spurs and Southampton): http://www.footyheadlines.com/2016/01/aston-villa-to-sign-under-armour-kit-deal.html?m=1

Was Southampton previously with UA? Because they've been with adidas for a number of years now (minus last season of course).

Also, I fully expect Villa to be a Championship side next season, not PL...

43 minutes ago, nas1787 said:

Was Southampton previously with UA? Because they've been with adidas for a number of years now (minus last season of course).

Also, I fully expect Villa to be a Championship side next season, not PL...

Yeah I don't think Villa's going to be able to pull it out this season :P

And no, it doesn't look like they ever have: http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southampton/Southampton.htm

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

The Twitter account @keepernotes is reporting that new US soccer kits will drop in late March. Corresponds with the two qualifiers against Guatemala. They also report that men's and women's kits will match this cycle (similar in concept to the waldos and blue/white era) instead of having separate designs. Surprised we haven't seen much else besides that leak showing a black kit, but looking forward to this new crest.

Archived