16-17 Soccer Kits

jaker52

3 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Hate hate hate the completely red back. Even with gold numbers, no real reason a striped back couldn't be worn.

Truth spoken, it lets down an otherwise very tidy kit.

Seems this Adidas template just straight up refuses to have stripes on the back?

Anyway, looks fine, nothing to write home about. I too should make a Metrostars joke but what percentage of current MLS fans even remember what Metrostars looked like -- 30%? Additionally I wish the shorts and especially the socks had some red as well -- looks a little disjointed given how much red is on the jersey.

Curious what the hints toward a wilder away kit mean. I kinda hate highlighter green/yellow but I kinda hope they go in that direction to a.) tie in with the Hawks, and b.) literally anything but another "white with team color trim" away in MLS would be welcome.

Here's a shot with the numbers.

IMG_5031.JPG

Also, there's a discrepancy that bugs me. All of the shirts worn by the players have the logos centered in the middle of the red stripes. On many of the retail jerseys, the logos are centered halfway between the stripes. I much prefer them on the red stripes. Looks better, in my opinion. Also makes me somewhat put off if the shirts I bought are inaccurate.

Compare the various shirts in this image. You can see both versions on display.

IMG_5033.JPG

10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's probably authentic versus replica.  I agree, it's kind of sloppy.

The plunging neckline really bothers me - look at that woman on the right.

It really bothers everyone. It seems to be a team-by-team thing. NYCFC women's jerseys have a normal neckline. Adidas is making new Sounders women's jerseys with regular necklines next season. I guess Atlanta didn't see the need.

12 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's probably authentic versus replica.  I agree, it's kind of sloppy.

The plunging neckline really bothers me - look at that woman on the right.

I bought the authentic adizero shirt and it's identical with the misplaced logos. 

54 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

It really bothers everyone. It seems to be a team-by-team thing. NYCFC women's jerseys have a normal neckline. Adidas is making new Sounders women's jerseys with regular necklines next season. I guess Atlanta didn't see the need.

I'm told that MLS clubs now have the option of either the regular neckline or the plunging one.  If that's the case, then Atlanta and Adidas deserve an equal share of the shame.

22 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Well, here we go:

IMG_2560.JPG

It's going to drive me crazy that the order of the stripes is opposite to the stripes in the crest but whatever. It's still a unique look in MLS and a nice change of pace from the solid colored kits that have become the norm in the league.

Really nice but I am not a fan of the beige/gold sponsor logo. Funny enough I'd probably prefer a white sponsor logo even though it would stand out more. The beige/gold is just making it look like it's supposed to be part of the ATL brand when it's not.

Altanta's secondary appears to have been leaked, in the form of a (plunging-neckline) women's replica: 

dn0RVuI.png

The shirt itself is okay if bland, but the monochrome badge is terrible.  The combination of beveling and background stripes means the "A" is totally lost in the noise.

18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Altanta's secondary appears to have been leaked, in the form of a (plunging-neckline) women's replica: 

dn0RVuI.png

The shirt itself is okay if bland, but the monochrome badge is terrible.  The combination of beveling and background stripes means the "A" is totally lost in the noise.

I hope its not white shirt, red shorts, and white socks like the Red Bulls. At least do something different and just have an all white look with the red Adidas stripes going all the way down.

Blargh, boring white, pretty disappointing considering the lack of white in their identity. And that badge...yikes. I don't mind altering badge colors on alternate kits, but a.) that particular variation looks very bad and b.) i'm surprised a team would want to do it in year one when they're trying to still build a brand. Regular badge wouldn't look bad on that, either.

And I'll leave my thoughts on that terrible women's cut out of it for now.