Calgary Flames Fix

JohnnyGODdreau

8 hours ago, TampaBayRays1fan said:

Calgary flames jersey they have now are fine

Are you nuts?  Their current jerseys are an abomination...  If it weren't for the monumental incompetence of the Avalanche, they'd be the worst in the league...

17 hours ago, TampaBayRays1fan said:

Calgary flames jersey they have now are fine

This gotta be a joke. I agree with everyone else, they are a mess right now. Their first edition were awesome, their 90's ones were pretty good, their 2000's ones were just OK, now they plain suck. They steadily gone in the wrong direction for 30+ years.

On 11/26/2015 at 9:08 PM, Morgo said:

Massive improvement. Though it'd look better if the bottom stripes extended all the way to the hem and if left and right sleeve stripes became cuffs.

I think this needs to be tried. You did that with the hemline stripes in your first alternate, what if you did that on the home and away? Extending the stripes out to the end of the sleeves would help balance color more, black or red. I don't know if it'd work, but it's worth a try.

I also think the black C is better on the red, and your original alternate worked better, that's where a white C can look really good.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

32 minutes ago, hockey week said:

I think this needs to be tried. You did that with the hemline stripes in your first alternate, what if you did that on the home and away? Extending the stripes out to the end of the sleeves would help balance color more, black or red. I don't know if it'd work, but it's worth a try.

I also think the black C is better on the red, and your original alternate worked better, that's where a white C can look really good.

I tried extending the white on the hem and the arms, personally I think it looks awful but that's just my opinion. 

Untitled 4.png

FLAMES FULL KIT HOME 2.png

1 hour ago, JohnnyGODdreau said:

I tried extending the white on the hem and the arms, personally I think it looks awful but that's just my opinion. 

FLAMES FULL KIT HOME 2.png

See, that looks incredible to me. I'd like to see the white version too, but if you're really against it, it's not like the original was bad.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

1 hour ago, Morgo said:

^ Yep.  That is exactly what the team should be wearing, in my opinion.

I would/should be an easy upgrade for them. They get to keep black as a prominent colour, don't have to change any logo colours or styles, and much better than their crazy ugle side panel things they currently have.

See, I like the last update without them extending all the way (on the home and road). The update to the alt just posted looks great. All together I see them as a blending of the pre-edge set and what they wore before that, and a great blend at that. The colors balance well, they're similar to, but different to each of those sets. 

Throw the red C on the shoulders of the alt and I'd call it a day. 

20 hours ago, JohnnyGODdreau said:

If I, or most other Flames fans felt that way I would not have made these concepts. 

oh so you know most the c of red fan, that statement is false. You dont know what they think. You are one saying you dont like them and say there fans dont as well. Have you even been to flames. Im a flames fan more of a fan then you are. Flames jersey if you take them away it wouldn't be them. 

1 hour ago, TampaBayRays1fan said:

oh so you know most the c of red fan, that statement is false. You dont know what they think. You are one saying you dont like them and say there fans dont as well. Have you even been to flames. Im a flames fan more of a fan then you are. Flames jersey if you take them away it wouldn't be them. 

What are you 12??

Far more flames fans I've talked to don't like them near as much as past uniforms as fans that do like them more than past ones.

4 hours ago, TampaBayRays1fan said:

I've lived in Calgary my whole life and cheered on the Flames since I was 6 years old. I frequent multiple Calgary Flames forums reading all about how people think that the Flames need to update their jerseys, on top of hearing it from people at Flames games and just around the city. Lot's of people don't give a rat's ass about jerseys, but anybody posting and commenting on this forum does. All you have to do is look around the internet, and see that on any website regarding jersey design there will be Flames fans either posting their ideas for how they think they could improve the jersey, or people commenting on how they believe it could be improved. Look at the Calgary Flames tag on this forum alone, or go read some posts on Calgarypuck and take a look at all the Flames concepts posted on Icethetics, and I guarantee you will find multiple posts about how many fans do not like the jerseys the Flames currently wear.

I'm going to assume that you're only about 11-12 years old just based on the fact that you became ultra defensive and angry when I did so much as to say that I (and MOST other Flames fans with an interest in jerseys) disagree with you, so I'm not going to be too hard on you, but I am going to say this: I posted this concept as a Flames fan who thinks that a change would be good for the team, and I posted it on a forum meant for concept jerseys, I put a lot of time into designing these and although not everybody who has commented likes some of my designs or agrees with the route that I have taken, they have all offered constructive criticism and ideas to improve the designs that I otherwise would not have thought of. And although I may not agree with everybody else, I respect their opinions as they have all said something constructive. Everybody but you, instead you chose to just say "Calgary flames jersey they have now are fine" which really did not contribute at all to the discussion, as the topic was not whether or not we think their current jersey's are fine, I feel that they need an overhaul, so I shared my design, sorry if that upsets you but it is what it is. 

Now, if you think that if they "take away" the Flames jerseys "it wouldn't be them" I suggest you look at this site: http://www.nhluniforms.com/Flames/FlamesCGY.html and notice that not only have I used the same colours that the Flames have always had, but I also haven't made any new logos or changed anything about the brand at all apart from recolouring a logo. Have a nice day, and stay off the internet if you're going to be offended so easily :)

18 hours ago, TampaBayRays1fan said:

The 2004-2007 set was embraced on a higher level and is visually superior to the current junk in every conceivable way.  The Flames have a great identity that is ruined by an awful template and truly terrible shoulder patches.  Johnny's concepts fix these problems without sacrificing the successful aspects of the identity.  I do not understand what your beef is.

these are clean and 100% better than the garbage they currently wear. 

the alternate they used in 09-13 was pretty much gorgeous and what they should wear today.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

3 hours ago, worcat said:

these are clean and 100% better than the garbage they currently wear. 

the alternate they used in 09-13 was pretty much gorgeous and what they should wear today.

Thank you. Glad these have been so well received. 

Archived