MLB/NFL uniform changes after winning big

wdm1219inpenna

The 1999 St. Louis Rams had the classic uniform of the Rams going back to circa 1973. They won Super Bowl XXXIV yet the very next season they changed to their current bland "old gold" look.

The 1984 San Diego Padres won their first ever National League pennant. In 1985 they made noticeable changes to their uniforms.

Are there other examples you can cite of MLB or NFL teams winning a pennant a World Series, a Conference Championship or a Super Bowl then immediately changing their uniforms? I'm talking about major changes to logo or fonts, not minor stuff like socks or shoelace colors etc.

The 1999 St. Louis Rams had the classic uniform of the Rams going back to circa 1973. They won Super Bowl XXXIV yet the very next season they changed to their current bland "old gold" look.

The 1984 San Diego Padres won their first ever National League pennant. In 1985 they made noticeable changes to their uniforms.

Are there other examples you can cite of MLB or NFL teams winning a pennant a World Series, a Conference Championship or a Super Bowl then immediately changing their uniforms? I'm talking about major changes to logo or fonts, not minor stuff like socks or shoelace colors etc.

The Rams were already going to change their look---I saw it mentioned in an article before the Super Bowl. They should never have changed it, IMO.

These are good examples, thanks. And no prob including NHL or NBA either. I only said MLB and NFL since those are the only 2 I really pay any attention to.

Well then you should have talked about the MLB & NFL but left the title more generic...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

That was a strange one, since they had changed the wordmark the year before, eliminating the old wordmark everywhere but the uniform.

Yeah I never understood that one. Wonder if they had a ton of remaining jerseys in stock so they waited an extra season to transition those out.

Archived