2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

Hey there everybody! Just wanted to make a separate topic for MLS. Seems the other soccer topic for 2015-16 hasn't provided much in regards to the new jerseys for MLS. So guys, if you have any info on any MLS teams go right ahead and provide it for us.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The list of who's getting new kits was invluded in the 2016-17 forum. NYCFC and Columbus will be getting new change jerseys. Red Bulls will be getting new home kits and DC United will get new logos and most likely new home and away kits.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Rumors from Orlando is that City is getting a new white kit.

They've been selling stuff like hotcakes, it's no surprise.

I was in Orlando in September and I can attest to that. Everywhere you looked there was a Orlando City purple jersey and/or a Orlando City store or cart. They have really moved merchandise there.

Indications are that NYCFC's new change kit will be navy shirt and shorts.

Here's the adidas listing for their two shirts:

MLS-S16-6_close.png

And the shorts:

MLS-S16-11.png

i'm down for that...

I would love to see more orange accents(the only good thing from their roads this year) or see them attempt a white jersey with navy numbers and the sky blue as outlines.

I also have no problem if they got rid of the sky blue and use a "Statue of liberty" green instead.I think green,navy and orange accents might be a nice look.

YVRMUBj.png

They're definitely getting a new change kit, but replacing a white kit with a white kit? I haven't heard that rumor.

I thought I read a rumor that they'd be getting a gold kit. Given the team colors it makes sense, but a shirt with gold as its base color is never a good look -- a lesson that I think Philadelphia Union learned after its original away set.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Yeah, that was reported back in June.

http://www.massivereport.com/2015/6/10/8755843/columbus-crew-sc-to-abandon-gold-kit-in-2016

The second is reportedly "white with funky colors", presumably the colors from the city's seal (and consequently the flag):

Catalog.0.jpg

Bad move. I was hoping there would be a fan revolt and they'd have to keep the yellow primary. That's bad enough, but not to have any yellow jersey at all?

http://www.massivereport.com/2015/6/10/8755843/columbus-crew-sc-to-abandon-gold-kit-in-2016

The second is reportedly "white with funky colors", presumably the colors from the city's seal (and consequently the flag):

Catalog.0.jpg

Bad move. I was hoping there would be a fan revolt and they'd have to keep the yellow primary. That's bad enough, but not to have any yellow jersey at all?

I'm hoping it's ugly enough that the fans ask for a yellow jersey immediately. I'm also not a fan of limiting third kits. I feel that if this was a league with multiple kit makers we wouldn't hear of such restraints.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Catalog.0.jpg

I'm hoping it's ugly enough that the fans ask for a yellow jersey immediately. I'm also not a fan of limiting third kits. I feel that if this was a league with multiple kit makers we wouldn't hear of such restraints.

Oh, I don't think that's the case at all.

I'm actually okay with limiting third kits, especially in a league finally beginning to establish itself.

MLS is working towards iconic, identifiable kits for many of its clubs. They should wear their best look whenever possible, changing only when there's a clash. It's tough, because Portland's best kit was far and away their throwback third, but they are the exception.

Hopefully, Portland wearing their 3rd all through the playoffs, and the subsequent result, bodes well for their future kits.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think the yellow is still technically the Crew's home kit, even if they don't seem to obey that much. Portland's red kit is largely black, too. Thus I'd imagine that Columbus will have to wear the yellow, but I don't see how Portland's managed to get away with having three kits that are all very dark.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived