2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA Galaxy's new primary likely has a blue & gold sash (see Gio Dos Santos Video from MLS Media day)

also, the shorts have a blue monochrome logo, which further confirm the leaked adidas catalog from a couple of months ago.

CZNmeNPW0AIq32P.jpg

Rumored logo for the new San Francisco NASL team

TfUknSk.jpg

I think this could be the new logo since their website has a lot of talk about triangles. 

http://bayareaprosoccer.com/#triangles

Johan Cruyff came in second behind Pelé in the FIFA Player of the Century poll and is considered one of the most influential figures in the sport due to his coaching philosophy. Cruyff believes the triangle is the best shape to keep possession because when players form a triangle they keep their options open to make one-touch quick passes. This style is now well known as tiki-taka.

The Red Triangle is the name for the region extending from Sonoma, north of San Francisco, out to the Farallon Islands and down to Monterey. It is known worldwide for its rich marine life and high concentration of great white shark attacks. Triangles are also a staple of San Francisco Bay Area architecture, found in the towers and cables that form our well-known bridges.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Paulson was also fielding a lot of Twitter questions about whether the club's logo without the wordmark was now its primary. He not only confirmed that the change was made, but said it was the intent all along to swap the primary and secondary marks three to four years in. First time I've heard that. 

Hmm, that's an interesting raised effect on the badge of that Timbers kit. Definitely does look raised, and it has like a glossy-plastic look to it. This picture also seems to confirm that the shirt will feature hoops.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Chicago is alright!

Chicago-fire-2016-Home-2.png

Can't help but notice the Adidas stripes are not on the sleeves, but rather on the sides of this jersey. New design by Adidas? If so I could tolerate that more than having the stripes on the sleeves.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Really digging the new NYC alternate! Love the heavy inclusion of orange. The crest sticks out a bit- makes me wonder how a two-tone crest in navy and orange would look.

The LAG kit is ok to me. I love the retro sash which recalls the old green and yellow days...but it looks silly how the color balance is. Instead of a half-and-half blue/yellow sash, it looks like it's 60% blue and 40% yellow. They are too close in width that it almost makes it look like an error. The new Herbalife wordmark sucks, too. Much too squished (old font was much cleaner), and the stacked look now with "Nutrition" is awful.

So far, an "eh" from me regarding MLS 2016 designs. RSL is much better without the hideous yellow stripe, and Chicago is better with the classic with stripe...though it feels very thin. Older Fire kits had a nice thick white stripe.

All 2016 kits so far feel like they are a small detail or two away from being great.

7 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Can't help but notice the Adidas stripes are not on the sleeves, but rather on the sides of this jersey. New design by Adidas? If so I could tolerate that more than having the stripes on the sleeves.

Yes, that's their new thing for 2016.   And not just for jerseys; I'm a big fan of the new Anthem jackets. 

image.png

That Alaska wordmark is a touch cleaner -- should be an upgrade, though the retro Helvetica logo on Portland's dearly departed thirds was best of all.

On the other hand, I almost love that Galaxy jersey but the sponsor ruins it! How could Herbalife manage to look even more sketchy and low-rent than usual? Incredible that they're sponsoring MLS's marquee team.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I guess San Jose is keeping its home for a third year -- messing with the usual two-year flow might make me twitch but at least it's one of the league's best. This new away, however...not working for me. Like the previous two NASL throwback aways in a blender. 

quakes.jpg-large

quakes.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived