2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the color choice. Black and gold with their city rivals being navy and yellow/gold? Really?

cyipcrwuqaechw9.jpg?w=600&h=600David+Beckham+LA+Galaxy+Fourth+July+Week

In LAFC's defense the Galaxy's primary jersey is white while their primary jersey is probably going to be black which will create the necessary contrast between the two on the field.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

CYItNpVU0AA5GkA.jpg

nice

Yes, but worth pointing out those are the designer's concepts. Not actual merch.

Nope, I saw it on the internet, so it must be true! Still, if they released anything like that, it'd sell pretty well.

Glad we get confirmation on the wing/City of Angels theme. Too early to push for the Saints as the nickname?

I think they plan to call games between them and Galaxy the Battle of the SuperStars. It should be interesting to see who their first DP is. I think Angels or Aztecs might end up being their moniker but Saints sounds better to me.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I hate the fact that they demphasized red instead of gold, unless ATL goes red and black, then it's a moot point. I also don't like the emptiness of the badge, but I can see past that. But that LA. Wow that is something you just want to build a brand around. My only complaint is that a bird or angel stylized in that Art Deco/1950s' hood ornament design probably would've been a stronger and more unique mark.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I hate the fact that they demphasized red instead of gold, unless ATL goes red and black, then it's a moot point. I also don't like the emptiness of the badge, but I can see past that. But that LA. Wow that is something you just want to build a brand around. My only complaint is that a bird or angel stylized in that Art Deco/1950s' hood ornament design probably would've been a stronger and more unique mark.

Atlanta will be red and black stripes. Book it.

After sitting on this for a few hours, I think it's a fine enough design but they should have de-emphasized the LA as the main design. It's too simple a mark and is at the core of LAG's simple crest.

In fairness, the Mets and Yankees, both use "NY" logos on their hats and not many would argue for either club to de-emphasize.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Atlanta will be red and black stripes. Book it.
Yeah, I figured that they want the AC Milan look, and provided they stay along those lines, a primarily black and gold LAFC kit could stay relatively distinct in the league. A tertiary color like green really could've helped in this case, but we'll have to wait and see.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I don't think on field will be an issue but typically cross town rivals are distinctly different colors (often red vs blue). Thus I thought emphasizing red for LAFC made perfect sense. Guess not.

I think the distinction for the LAFC vs. Galaxy is probably going to be black vs. white due to their primary jerseys.

I'm actually happy that LA isn't going to have a "red vs. blue" crosstown rivalry. It helps distinguish it from the Hudson River rivalry and the old "Superclasico" between the Galaxy & Chivas.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I gotta say, I'm a little surprised by all of the critiques about the negative space in the crest. One of the common themes that make bad logos bad (at least in my mind) is the propensity to jam things together and not allowing for any breathing room.

This mark checks a lot of the boxes to be a timeless classic. It's simultaneously simple and evocative, it picks one hook (Art Deco in this case) and does it well, and it's an extremely flexible mark.

Everyone obviously gets to have an opinion, and I suppose you can't please everyone, but some of the criticism here has me really scratching my head.

Archived