2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Digby said:

Timbers new secondaries have arrived. Portland's got the best kits, the best stadium, among the best players and coach, and now an MLS Cup title. So jealous.

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 3.01.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 3.01.51 PM.png

Well I guess this means that Jersey Week is a thing of the past now, huh?  Love that new Timbers clash though, and the only thing I'd potentially change is the back to black, but I'd have to see what that looks like.  And what's the deal with the shorts, are they black or red?

So, let's see who's left.  Home kits for NE, Colorado, Dallas, Philadelphia, Seattle, and Montreal, and clash kits for KC, Orlando, Houston, Columbus, Toronto, Vancouver, and NY, not including the already leaked ones for LA and NYC.  Is that all of them?

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Forgive my ignorance, but is there a rule that says the back of the Timbers jersey has to be a solid color? I figured they just required high-contrast. In which case, the red/black hoops would work just fine under the name and number.

I've understood for teams like FC Dallas that use red/white or blue/white hoops, but I see no reason why you couldn't have white numbers on a red/black hoop.

5 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The NYCFC one with the subway tiles is fantastic. Use that. The New York tricolor is allright, but the shade of blue doesn't match

Not sure what you mean by that - it's the team's navy. 

I just don't think the subway text is bold enough.   The tricolor reads so much more clearly. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 1/27/2016 at 4:20 PM, FlyingLamprey said:

I don't mind this too much.  I don't like it as much as the previous two sets, but it's still okay.  I would reserve my final judgement for when we see the actual kit, since this mockup doesn't show the probable "earthquake" pattern from the other kits.

While we're talking Quakes, that mockup shows off the new sponsor Sutter Health.  Here's what it looks like on the home kit:

CZrJykfUAAAQIlI.jpg

The Quakes new away kit is actually a lot better than the originally leaked mockup.

secondary_website__3_.0.0.png

6 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

The NYCFC one with the subway tiles is fantastic. Use that. The New York tricolor is allright, but the shade of blue doesn't match

I agree, it's thing of beauty. I'm a season-ticket holder and I voted for that one. 

(First day on the forums, big fan)

On 1/28/2016 at 0:02 PM, Digby said:

Timbers new secondaries have arrived. Portland's got the best kits, the best stadium, among the best players and coach, and now an MLS Cup title. So jealous.

Screen Shot 2016-01-28 at 3.01.42 PM.png

Love the back but not a fan of the front. Solid red instead of stripes in the front, and this is a really great look.

15 minutes ago, Digby said:

I really really like the look of the front of that Vancouver shirt, but the back is making me nervous.

Considering they wouldn't allow Portland to have white names and numbers on black and red hoops, I highly doubt they'd allow Vancouver to have silver/white names and numbers on a light blue to navy gradient. So I'd say it's a pretty good bet the back will be solid navy.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Considering they wouldn't allow Portland to have white names and numbers on black and red hoops, I highly doubt they'd allow Vancouver to have silver/white names and numbers on a light blue to navy gradient. So I'd say it's a pretty good bet the back will be solid navy.

I'm sure you're right, but I wonder where this rule was when the league office signed off on mirrored aluminum foil numbers on white for Sporting Kansas City.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived