2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The real clincher for that Crew kit is the baby blue shorts. Boy, did they blow it.

Also, the all-new Double Hanger Effect: For when one insipid line of text inside the neck just won't cut it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Columbus is a bit jarring, especially when you consider their historical look.  But I am fine with it and happy for these two reasons: It isn't monochrome and especially isn't monochrome white.  Its a secondary jersey, experiment a bit.

38 minutes ago, CIM said:

Columbus is a bit jarring, especially when you consider their historical look.  But I am fine with it and happy for these two reasons: It isn't monochrome and especially isn't monochrome white.  Its a secondary jersey, experiment a bit.

I have a similar feeling. I'm glad they went outside the box a bit. Did it work? No, not really, but at least it's different.

Then again, I also enjoyed Warrior's efforts for Liverpool, so what do I know?

8 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Has DC United only unveiled their primary? No secondary or thirds seen by anybody yet?

They are retaining their secondary from last season, just with the new badge, and they will not be receiving a third kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Considering the reaction to these Crew SC kits, especially here is Columbus, I'd wager they're only going to wear them a handful of times. Even before the reveal they made special mention the yellow kit was still going to be in the rotation. A YUGE miscalculation on these new kits. 

17 hours ago, hawk36 said:

"just because you can do it doesn't mean you should".

That is Adidas' design philosophy in a nutshell.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Well, as a NYCFC fan I guess I can feel better about the somewhat unattractive away uniforms.  At least we are not Columbus.  Sorry, Ohio, you might want to get some Depends to go with that uniform.  Seems like you had a little bladder leakage there. 

23 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

hzWr5Tm.gif

Wow, Columbus. I'm all for some quirky designs, but this is ridiculous.

On the other hand, NYCFC is pretty good, I would've dulled the color of the circles a little bit, but other than that it's solid.

If anything, these uniforms are proof that the city of Columbus needs to rethink their city flag. Especially considering that the Ohio Flag is a pretty cool flag.

Brian Straus from Sports Illustrated in his critique of the new MLS kits is saying that the primary kit for RSL will be this: 

image.jpeg.7ae60e032005d9dcf04714c29299c

The shorts and socks shown above differ from what RSL unveiled, however, so I'm not sure which will be the first option to accompany the claret shirt. Here's what RSL unveiled, for reference:

image.jpeg.73da00bae2766e8a178e2debb7828

And lastly, here's the link to the aforementioned SI article and photo gallery:

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/photo/2016/02/10/2016-mls-jerseys-uniforms-kits-critique/7#-1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Hmm, I liked the Snapchat that suggested a France NT circa 98 hoops look better... guess I read too much into it. These aren't quite as good as the previous set, but not bad. Switching to white shorts has been a small but important tweak -- navy head-to-toe was too drab.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived