2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, that was reported back in June.

http://www.massivereport.com/2015/6/10/8755843/columbus-crew-sc-to-abandon-gold-kit-in-2016

The second is reportedly "white with funky colors", presumably the colors from the city's seal (and consequently the flag):

Catalog.0.jpg

Bad move. I was hoping there would be a fan revolt and they'd have to keep the yellow primary. That's bad enough, but not to have any yellow jersey at all?

The same Adidas catalog also indicates a black & orange monochrome secondary kit for the Dynamo.

Well that's gonna tick us off. We've been begging for a Space City Blue alt for the Dynamo (like the Dash's secondaries) for years. And no way in hell the team will wear that at home. In the Oven.

Yeah, that was reported back in June.

http://www.massivereport.com/2015/6/10/8755843/columbus-crew-sc-to-abandon-gold-kit-in-2016

The second is reportedly "white with funky colors", presumably the colors from the city's seal (and consequently the flag):

Catalog.0.jpg

Bad move. I was hoping there would be a fan revolt and they'd have to keep the yellow primary. That's bad enough, but not to have any yellow jersey at all?

The same Adidas catalog also indicates a black & orange monochrome secondary kit for the Dynamo.

Well that's gonna tick us off. We've been begging for a Space City Blue alt for the Dynamo (like the Dash's secondaries) for years. And no way in hell the team will wear that at home. In the Oven.

A. Wear the black kit at night. Besides IIRC, they don't play day matches at BBVA during summer after Beckham threw his tantrum about the heat a few seasons back lol

B. Baby blue is becoming played out. SKC, NYCFC, Rapids & Fire have all had their takes on it. Minnesota United FC will likely use the color as well. A Black/Orange monochrome like the Chelsea clash a few years back would be the better option IMO

Manchester+City+v+Chelsea+Premier+League

NYCdog.png

D.C. United's new logo strikes me as "meh"... at best.

Yes, the wordmark font is improved and the shield's shape is more streamlined. That said, so long as the focal point of the team's badge continues to resemble a Pontiac Firebird logo as drawn by a not particularly artistic 6-year-old, DCU's visual identity will remain underwhelming in my book.

And believe me, as the supporter of an MLS side sporting a Crayola-scrawled depiction of Old Glory as its primary logo, I'm only too familiar with "underwhelming" visual identities.

Although obvious upgrade to the previous one, it reminds me of some of the more recent additions in Div 2-3.

Not implying bad quality, but maybe it's just a bit too streamlined and generic.

And yeah.... that Pontiac Firebird thing's still going on.

Hm, I have to admit that I'm not a fan. Their logo is one of the last monuments of MLS tradition for me. It would have been perfectly fine if they'd just tweak little things. Like a new font or some proportion things.The new logo is too much of a change for me. They should've made the background red at least.

2iaz72f.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

For comparison, here are their two old badges:

DCUnitedOld.png6a00e54ef2975b8833011278dd7bca28a4-500wiDC-United-crest-leak-f.png

Couple things to love - the DC flag, the new typeface, the way the name is actually integrated with the shield instead of being slapped over it. I'm also glad they got rid of the truncated icosahedron.

The wings are still a little goofy but it's so much better than the original Germanic eagle.

That makes me wonder what this "leak" was; rejected design, intermediate step, or outright fake?

10597309_900618439991577_284648026_n.jpg

I prefer the eagle from this version, with the sharp wings and contrasting beak. Not to mention the sharp edges where the white head feathers meet the body - don't love the circular version they went with.

Hm, I have to admit that I'm not a fan. Their logo is one of the last monuments of MLS tradition for me. It would have been perfectly fine if they'd just tweak little things. Like a new font or some proportion things.The new logo is too much of a change for me. They should've made the background red at least.

2iaz72f.jpg

Agreed. Red shield and I'd also:

- Remove the red stripes from the eagle

- Fix the beak

The red stripes in the eagle are part of the DC flag; that's what really makes it for me. I get why you might want to add the red in the shield, but I don't think it works as well.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As a fan of DCU, I think their new logo is an upgrade. But I'm still not entirely happy. I'm pleased with the addition of the DC stripes and stars, as well as an upgraded typeface. However I'm not crazy about the eagle overtaking the shield itself. It just feels off balance to me especially when you factor in the nameplate at the top. I guess I would have rather seen the eagle inside the shield and designed a bit differently? For now this is an improvement and I'll take it.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

In a sport where stars==championships, I just can't get on board with the stars, even if it's a direct lift from their flag. D.C. United has won 4 MLS Cups, the most of any team until 2014, and they should be proud of that, but now if they want to do anything with that they'll have 7 stars in and around their logo.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Archived