2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

I assume the light blue is supposed to be the teal of the Seattle flag? Not quite sure it gets it there, but on purely aesthetic grounds I love the entire kit, especially the pattern. The home is less successful for me. I've always felt that Sounders blue is a little too close tonally to their green -- feel like it might look nicer as more of a navy. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Saathoff said:

I'd even say its a better 'Sounders' It's a great balance between rave green and the capital blue. It's going to look great.

2 hours ago, hawk36 said:

Well isn't as much Sounders to me. Too much blue. I thought I'd really like it and I do as far as a kit design but it just starts to vere ever so slightly away from what we've been used to. Not that big a deal but just my first gut reaction. 

I still have to disagree. They added just enough capital blue to create a good balance between the two. Reminds me of the good balance the original MLS-Sounders jerseys had! 

Fredy+Montero+Seattle+Sounders+FC+v+Kans

2 hours ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

I still have to disagree. They added just enough capital blue to create a good balance between the two. Reminds me of the good balance the original MLS-Sounders jerseys had! 

Fredy+Montero+Seattle+Sounders+FC+v+Kans

I can see that. It's just there is so much blue in the league it was nice that the Sounders had been leaning more heavily on the rave green. But nice sets overall. I do like them. 

3 hours ago, McCarthy said:

Green jersey - first thought: 

seattle-worst-jersey1.jpg2009949701.jpg

Funny, I was one of the few who loved those Seahawk jerseys (it's the only one I own). Looks better on the Sounders though. Maybe if the Hawks would have worn neon green socks instead of navy blue with the set, it would have looked better.

GUYS DID YOU KNOW WE'RE FROM SEATTLE? WE EVEN HAVE THE CITY SEAL!!

That's how I read the new kits. That or the city has municipalized the soccer franchise, which would be an interesting revenue generation technique (we do have a city council member who suggested municipalizing Boeing's facilities, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility).

The new rave kit will grow on me, but I read it as lateral at best. I'm hopeful the white is in the dustbin though; that set was just the worst.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Seattle wear their primaries 90% of the time anyway, I'm sure both the whites and the blues will be seen maybe four times a piece.

From what I've heard, the whites, while "officially" being part of their set, may never see the pitch this year.

Archived