2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

43 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Per the Toronto FC Twitter, they will

have the option of either blue or red shorts with the kit.

I'd go with blue shorts and white socks with a stripe similar to the chest stripe on them. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't say the white over blue looks like Toronto per se, but independent of the colors the team has used since starting, it's pretty nice.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I wonder what Toronto will wear this weekend at NYRB

Either all red or they may have to use last year's away kit. Then again MLS has made the home team change uniforms when there's a clash.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

10 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I wonder what Toronto will wear this weekend at NYRB

Likely both Toronto and NYRB will wear their new secondary kits. I can't see them allowing Toronto to wear their all red, and I really can't see them wearing last year's secondary kit just for one game.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Likely both Toronto and NYRB will wear their new secondary kits. I can't see them allowing Toronto to wear their all red, and I really can't see them wearing last year's secondary kit just for one game.

They're allowing Columbus to do so this season. It probably has more to do with no one liking the new kit though.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Ugh.  I can't believe I forgot to update Portland's crest.

I also tweaked some of the backgrounds; it bothered me that primarily-red teams like Chicago and Salt Lake had blue backgrounds.  And LA really should be white.

So I hope this better captures the league's palette:

MLSnext_next.png

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I wonder if the Red Bulls will bring out their blue-and-golds.  Their regular white-with-red-sleeves should clash with either Toronto shirt.

I expect this, and I'd imagine the club would be happy to trot the new uniforms out in front of the home fans anyway. $$$$

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Looks like my mockup from yesterday was pretty close. Still wish FCD would've brought back real hoops, but this is not a bad shirt. I like it better than their last home shirt if for no other reason than the smaller Advocare logo.

FCD-2016-02.jpg

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Damn.  I should make FC Dallas red, too.

But there's no way I'm making Columbus black.  They're staying yellow until they have the sense to bring back their signature color.

My thoughts exactly. I truly hope they bring back all yellow next year. Even if it's still the secondary kit it cannot look anywhere near as horrid as the "Columbus puking over the side of the Santa Maria" kits.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

So, I keep looking at the new TFC kits and wanting to like them. I like the idea that it's a nod to the Blizzards and Toronto-Croatia. I also get the tie-in to the city flag (hell, I based my MLS fantasy team's look on the city flag) but I just don't like it.

TFC belongs in grey (or Onyx as they call it) and red. Blue just doesn't fit....That said, if this wasn't TFC's kit, I like it. It'd be a great alternate for Chicago actually.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

45 minutes ago, Mockba said:

Do you need a better version of the MNUFC logo?

Is there one with a keyline around the star?  I cheated with the shield-shaped white field because the version I got off the NASL database has a gray ourtline around the wing but not the star, leading it to disappear against the gray portion of the MLS shield.

MNUTD_Logo 1_Outlined (Pantone).png

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

Kind of disappointing.  I was hoping for more graphics, less text-based.

I agree. But they are at least moving in the right direction (embracing the orange and forming their own identity instead of looking like MUFC USA Edition). 

13 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Is there one with a keyline around the star?  I cheated with the shield-shaped white field because the version I got off the NASL database has a gray ourtline around the wing but not the star, leading it to disappear against the gray portion of the MLS shield.

MNUTD_Logo 1_Outlined (Pantone).png

Will that North Star get removed when thy move over though, or is it considered part of the logo and not a championship star?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived