2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

They've said from the beginning that it's not a championship star.  (They're a bit wishy-washy on when the team started, but I'm still holding them to it being in 2010, damnit.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Ugh.  I can't believe I forgot to update Portland's crest.

I also tweaked some of the backgrounds; it bothered me that primarily-red teams like Chicago and Salt Lake had blue backgrounds.  And LA really should be white.

So I hope this better captures the league's palette:

MLSnext_next.png

You should probably switch the LA Galaxy right back to blue.

While their primary uni might be white, their primary color for marketing, the MLS combine banner or stadium branding is blue/gold.

Also for some unknown reason their MLS shield colors changed from blue/gold to blue/white, but only for the primary.

Anyway the TFC secondary looks like a Fire secondary jersey with that red stripe...

Love the new Dallas primary tough.

Any MLS jerseys still missing or was that the last one?

5 minutes ago, Ben7 said:

You should probably switch the LA Galaxy right back to blue.

While their primary uni might be white, their primary color for marketing, the MLS combine banner or stadium branding is blue/gold.

Also for some unknown reason their MLS shield colors changed from blue/gold to blue/white, but only for the primary.

Thanks - I didn't know that.  And ew, it's a pretty substantial downgrade.

022416-SOCCER-LA-Galaxy-vs-Santos-Laguna

So's the jock tag - somebody should have realized that a gold "is" would disappear on a white shirt, leading everyone to ask "Which LA?"

2 hours ago, Mockba said:

They've said from the beginning that it's not a championship star.  (They're a bit wishy-washy on when the team started, but I'm still holding them to it being in 2010, damnit.)

The team has hinted since the MLS announcement that the plan is to keep the logo and colors. Even if the name changed (which I personally hope it does - "Minnesota North FC" anyone?) I would have to imagine the logo stays unless for some reason the MLS wants it to change. And why would they? The logo is beautiful and fits with the overall asthetic of the league. 

Hinted?  Yes. But not yet stated. And I was told by people who know that MLS has in the past required clubs to change their logo upon entry. They prefer one the league can own outright from the beginning rather than a transfer of IP.  

Now that was a couple years ago, and I really really hope that rule is no longer in effect.  The Minnesota logo (and name) should be allowed to move unchanged with the club. 

I thought the agreement had been made in some form or another that Atlanta would get "United" rights, and Minnesota would have to scrap and overhaul.

Either way, Minnesota Stars or GTFO.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

5 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

So, I keep looking at the new TFC kits and wanting to like them. I like the idea that it's a nod to the Blizzards and Toronto-Croatia. I also get the tie-in to the city flag (hell, I based my MLS fantasy team's look on the city flag) but I just don't like it.

TFC belongs in grey (or Onyx as they call it) and red. Blue just doesn't fit....That said, if this wasn't TFC's kit, I like it. It'd be a great alternate for Chicago actually.

The 'T' in Toronto FC's crest appears navy blue to me. 

I still hate the fact that Toronto is trying to be a carbon-copy of Liverpool.  Vancouver has the Whitecaps and Montreal has the Impact.  Go with Toronto Blizzard FC or Toronto Metros FC and call it a day. 

41 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Get rid of the blue shorts NOW!

Agreed. Even the horizontal stripe/hoop? looks wrong for Toronto. Stick with the red shorts.

Now, if the Whitecaps wore blue shorts with a matching blue stripe on their white shirts, then we really got something to talk about. :)

I'm hoping for a return of the Toronto Blizzard in the new Canadian Premier League, so I'm glad TFC didn't fully throwback to them with this kit.

I'm not against incorporating blue into the kit. It's the traditional sporting colour of the city, and it's also nice when clash kits go outside the box of official club colours. That being said, the kit itself is a bit underwhelming.

Also, have other clubs used that style of sock yet, where the adidas stripes continues down the side rather than around the top? It's a cool look.

1 hour ago, Ice_Cap said:

There's nothing worth immortalizing about the Toronto Blizzard/Metro-Croatia club.

The Metro-Croatia won Soccer Bowl '76 and the Blizzard were Soccer Bowl finalists in '83 and '84. The Blizzard also had well known players like Canadian Nationals like Bruce Wilson and Sam Lenarduzzi and South African legend Jomo Sono.

Generic Euro brands belong in Europe. 

12 hours ago, nas1787 said:

I'm hoping for a return of the Toronto Blizzard in the new Canadian Premier League, so I'm glad TFC didn't fully throwback to them with this kit.

I'm not against incorporating blue into the kit. It's the traditional sporting colour of the city, and it's also nice when clash kits go outside the box of official club colours. That being said, the kit itself is a bit underwhelming.

Also, have other clubs used that style of sock yet, where the adidas stripes continues down the side rather than around the top? It's a cool look.

I'm pretty sure the new NASL has the Toronto Blizzard trademark. 

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

23 minutes ago, Breakwood said:

I don't get what you're getting at here?

I think it's another iteration on the argument against Euro-fied naming conventions in soccer. He'd rather they be Toronto Metros than Toronto FC, but he made the point by comparing its name to Liverpool FC. 

Archived