2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GFB said:

Sporting KC, Seattle, and San Jose are the class of the league, IMO.

Seattle's new primary just isn't working for me, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Timbers fan. I just think the blue sleeves throw off the color balance due to the lack of contrast between the green and the blue, and their previous home looks with the solid green shirt were far superior IMO. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

33 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Seattle's new primary just isn't working for me, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Timbers fan. I just think the blue sleeves throw off the color balance due to the lack of contrast between the green and the blue, and their previous home looks with the solid green shirt were far superior IMO. 

I agree (how about that Sounders and Timbers agreeing, there is hope in the world). I've flip flopped on them. At first I didn't think they looked right (not enough green). Then I liked them. But, after seeing them in action, the rave green just isn't as prominent as it should be. Nice idea but the home needs to be all green shirt.

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Nice graphic from SI showing each team's home look this season.  Fair amount of variety, especially with FCD going to white shorts. (Crew wearing black at home is gonna drive me crazy, though)

CcrBpNpUEAIvDfZ.thumb.jpg.afc8bb56d8154d

God... MLS looks good this year!:notworthy:

YVRMUBj.png

29 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

That's got to be a permanent thing at this point, right?  Don't like the eternal tributes. 

Yes, they and Columbus both had them until Columbus was sold a couple years ago. I actually like the tribute, I'd just prefer they put it above the adidas logo or on the back of the neck.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

God... MLS looks good this year!:notworthy:

Agreed, outside of Houston and Chicago I think every single club has a solid looking kit. (even if Columbus and Seattle messed with their identities more than I would like them to.)

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

9 hours ago, kcchiefsfan said:

Agreed, outside of Houston and Chicago I think every single club has a solid looking kit. (even if Columbus and Seattle messed with their identities more than I would like them to.)

What's wrong with Chicago?

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

11 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

What's wrong with Chicago?

Well it's mostly personal preference but I don't like that TFC and Chicago are both all red. I don't think all red is a great scheme anyway but in my mind TFC owns it in MLS. I also think the white stripe across the chest looks out of place and awkward without any white anywhere else. This Fire kit desperately needs white shorts and navy socks IMO.

P.S. Yes I know that has essentially been the Fires look there entire history but I don't think they own the look and I don't think it's a good look. Just because you've worn something for a while doesn't make it good and we have a case of that here.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I feel like that photo is a rare occasion where you can't see the white on the shorts, which makes it look unbalanced. It should look better from most other angles. The white band this year is a little awkwardly narrow, though.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

6 hours ago, kcchiefsfan said:

Well it's mostly personal preference but I don't like that TFC and Chicago are both all red. I don't think all red is a great scheme anyway but in my mind TFC owns it in MLS. 

As you note, the Fire have worn red over red their entire history.  Toronto can take a number. 

11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

As you note, the Fire have worn red over red their entire history.  Toronto can take a number. 

Honestly, and this is me being a big TFC supporter, I feel like they just look like a Chicago rip-off this this year. I mentioned it earlier in the thread but once I looked at the site @ThatsSoSpursy posted I feel this way even more. TFC needs to own that grey (onyx as they call it) colour as a secondary and get some more of it in the primary (maybe just grey short, maybe mostly grey socks) but I'm just not feeling it this year. The new secondary is probably going to be the first TFC shirt I do not purchase.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Toronto Star made a fair point- that TFC's inception was Canada-red-Canada-red-red-red gotta be red.  Well, they're not Canada's team any more.  

I disagree with the former because red has been so integral to their identity, Canadian or not.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

Archived