labc93

2016 MLS Jerseys

Recommended Posts

Good catch -- kinda odd, but Lamar Hunt did pretty much save the league in some ways. Overall I don't hate the FCD, perhaps because the sponsor logo is finally tasteful. Still missing proper hoops tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jarred Revolver said:

I don't get how Dallas is allowed to have LH on the sleeve and not MLS logo 

They apparently petitioned MLS to be allowed to use the LH patch there. MLS said yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice graphic from SI showing each team's home look this season.  Fair amount of variety, especially with FCD going to white shorts. (Crew wearing black at home is gonna drive me crazy, though)

 

CcrBpNpUEAIvDfZ.thumb.jpg.afc8bb56d8154d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sporting KC, Seattle, and San Jose are the class of the league, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GFB said:

Sporting KC, Seattle, and San Jose are the class of the league, IMO.

Seattle's new primary just isn't working for me, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Timbers fan. I just think the blue sleeves throw off the color balance due to the lack of contrast between the green and the blue, and their previous home looks with the solid green shirt were far superior IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Seattle's new primary just isn't working for me, and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Timbers fan. I just think the blue sleeves throw off the color balance due to the lack of contrast between the green and the blue, and their previous home looks with the solid green shirt were far superior IMO. 

I agree (how about that Sounders and Timbers agreeing, there is hope in the world). I've flip flopped on them. At first I didn't think they looked right (not enough green). Then I liked them. But, after seeing them in action, the rave green just isn't as prominent as it should be. Nice idea but the home needs to be all green shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fillmont said:

They apparently petitioned MLS to be allowed to use the LH patch there. MLS said yes.

 

That's got to be a permanent thing at this point, right?  Don't like the eternal tributes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

That's got to be a permanent thing at this point, right?  Don't like the eternal tributes. 

Well they can't wear the AFL logo on their jerseys so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Digby said:

Nice graphic from SI showing each team's home look this season.  Fair amount of variety, especially with FCD going to white shorts. (Crew wearing black at home is gonna drive me crazy, though)

 

CcrBpNpUEAIvDfZ.thumb.jpg.afc8bb56d8154d

God... MLS looks good this year!:notworthy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

That's got to be a permanent thing at this point, right?  Don't like the eternal tributes. 

Yes, they and Columbus both had them until Columbus was sold a couple years ago. I actually like the tribute, I'd just prefer they put it above the adidas logo or on the back of the neck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Around the Horn said:

God... MLS looks good this year!:notworthy:

Agreed, outside of Houston and Chicago I think every single club has a solid looking kit. (even if Columbus and Seattle messed with their identities more than I would like them to.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kcchiefsfan said:

Agreed, outside of Houston and Chicago I think every single club has a solid looking kit. (even if Columbus and Seattle messed with their identities more than I would like them to.)

What's wrong with Chicago?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

What's wrong with Chicago?

Well it's mostly personal preference but I don't like that TFC and Chicago are both all red. I don't think all red is a great scheme anyway but in my mind TFC owns it in MLS. I also think the white stripe across the chest looks out of place and awkward without any white anywhere else. This Fire kit desperately needs white shorts and navy socks IMO.

 

P.S. Yes I know that has essentially been the Fires look there entire history but I don't think they own the look and I don't think it's a good look. Just because you've worn something for a while doesn't make it good and we have a case of that here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like that photo is a rare occasion where you can't see the white on the shorts, which makes it look unbalanced. It should look better from most other angles. The white band this year is a little awkwardly narrow, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that thinks of the Habs whenever I see Tornto's secondary? 

Montreal-Canadiens-3rd-Jersey.jpgtorontojerseyfrontback2016.jpg?null

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kcchiefsfan said:

Well it's mostly personal preference but I don't like that TFC and Chicago are both all red. I don't think all red is a great scheme anyway but in my mind TFC owns it in MLS. 

 

As you note, the Fire have worn red over red their entire history.  Toronto can take a number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

 

As you note, the Fire have worn red over red their entire history.  Toronto can take a number. 

Honestly, and this is me being a big TFC supporter, I feel like they just look like a Chicago rip-off this this year. I mentioned it earlier in the thread but once I looked at the site @ThatsSoSpursy posted I feel this way even more. TFC needs to own that grey (onyx as they call it) colour as a secondary and get some more of it in the primary (maybe just grey short, maybe mostly grey socks) but I'm just not feeling it this year. The new secondary is probably going to be the first TFC shirt I do not purchase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toronto Star made a fair point- that TFC's inception was Canada-red-Canada-red-red-red gotta be red.  Well, they're not Canada's team any more.  

I disagree with the former because red has been so integral to their identity, Canadian or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In their first season, TFC wore red-white-red instead of all red.  I still think that was a better look for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.