2016 MLS Jerseys

labc93

There is evidently some MLS rule that forces teams to wear road kits. That is too bad, because NYCFC could easily have worn their primary uniforms against Chicago, as the light blue would have been a great contrast to Chicago's red. 

Also, NYCFC's road shirt is hideous; I'd like never to see it. If the league allowed teams to wear primary uniforms except in cases of clashing, my team could conceivably wear its beautiful sky blue uniforms in nearly every road game, except those at Kansas City.

Still, even other leagues' teams make baffling decisions in this regard. Stoke's normal kits, white with red stripes, contrast sharply with Chelsea's solid blue. Yet, for some reason, Stoke wore a black change strip with a green sash this past weekend.

One thing that that unnecessary Stoke uniform showed is that you don't need to interrupt a sash for a shirt advertisement.

Stoke.jpg.f6c25e8f321b2efa0b73ea92263fa8

The Galaxy should take note of this.

Or, L.A. could just make the shirt ad smaller so that it doesn't touch the sash, as Man City did several years ago:

56dce8940b547_ManCity.jpg.7d09cf14945d29

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is certainly not a rule *requiring* teams to wear secondary jerseys on the road; last year NYCFC often wore the sky blue on the road, for example. Today many teams probably just wanted to show off their new jerseys. In the case of Colorado/San Jose, the burgundy primary jerseys might be considered too dark to properly contrast with San Jose's blue and black. At the very least, yellow is more of a contrast than the burgundy would have been. And obviously the Colorado secondary blue socks are the same color as San Jose's, so those had to be changed, but it is strange they don't have Adidas-branded yellow socks -- surely this has come up before?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

14 hours ago, Digby said:

There is certainly not a rule *requiring* teams to wear secondary jerseys on the road; last year NYCFC often wore the sky blue on the road, for example. Today many teams probably just wanted to show off their new jerseys. In the case of Colorado/San Jose, the burgundy primary jerseys might be considered too dark to properly contrast with San Jose's blue and black. At the very least, yellow is more of a contrast than the burgundy would have been. And obviously the Colorado secondary blue socks are the same color as San Jose's, so those had to be changed, but it is strange they don't have Adidas-branded yellow socks -- surely this has come up before?

Or secondary socks for the home teams. Most pro soccer teams have multiple socks that are intended to match with the home kit. Chelsea is the only one I can think of that doesn't.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Or secondary socks for the home teams. Most pro soccer teams have multiple socks that are intended to match with the home kit. Chelsea is the only one I can think of that doesn't.

Chelsea has a home set and clash set of socks

One thing that will bother me is, like the game between Montreal and Vancouver yesterday, the highliter yellow vs the green keeper kit. On my TV screen they looked pretty similar and just aesthetic wise bothers me. Because if a teams primary is highliter yellow and the other one green, they would make the away team have their secondary. So why could they let keepers "clash"?

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Perhaps they figure that odds are the keepers won't ever be within 100 yards of each other.

Yeah but it stills bothers me. like you have orange, red, purple, etc. but you use two close colors..

2 hours ago, Twinberwolvikings said:

Major League Soccer registered “Minnesota FC” as the new name for the state’s professional soccer team, according to filings in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office on Feb. 18.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/08/united-no-longer-now-theyre-minnesota-fc/

I wish they will stay with Minnesota United name.

whereicomefrom.png

9 minutes ago, wences said:

And what about Miami? Anyone of you have some news about the team name, colours or logo?

Many thanks

There's a lot more than a name that they're worried about right now. Pnce they confirm a place to play we'll see a name. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived