Good logos ruined by bad teams

FirearmofMutiny

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

161.png

Other than the Broad Street Bullies... Not a good association.

Only logo they've ever had. The entire history of the flyers isn't bad enough to ruin a logo especially with back to back cup wins. Even in the worst of seasons, if they lost the game they'd win the fight. That's what the logo represents most of all. Toughness

161.png

Only logo they've ever had. The entire history of the flyers isn't bad enough to ruin a logo especially with back to back cup wins. Even in the worst of seasons, if they lost the game they'd win the fight. That's what the logo represents most of all. Toughness

The shade of orange switched in the 90's I believe...

"This is our f*****g city. And nobody is going to dictate our freedom. Stay strong."—David Ortiz 

#34ever

161.png

right

161.png

right

Actually wrong... The shade of orange changed when the Flyers made unveiled their throwback alt. Which became today's home sweater...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

161.png

right

Actually wrong... The shade of orange changed when the Flyers made unveiled their throwback alt. Which became today's home sweater...

whatever. its the same damn logo

Agreed. The entire hockey world knows the Flyers have really only been a few star goalies away from greater Cup contention, over the years. Their logo is boss, inoffensive to everyone, & easily the best from a strong sports city.

cropped-cropped-toronto-skyline21.jpg?w=

@2001mark

The genuine article--- Bucco Bruce!

He represents LOSING with a capital L!

1041.gif

I never cared for Bucco Bruce himself, but the red and creamsicle uniforms were among my favorites of all time. I love those colors together and wish another team would try them. I think those colors would be perfect for the Rays, who apparently are now basing their name on sun rays.

875.png

It pains me to post this as it's one of my favorite logos of all time, but it's mostly affiliated with mediocrity.

Huh? The first association with that logo is The Perfect Season.

For me a great logo ruined by a bad team is the Mariners' first logo,

2901.png

This logo remains the best one that this team has ever had. The S-compass logo is pretty good. The trident M is spectacular.

As is the 'star-w/trident M' logo as well. :)

UBwef0L.png

The entire hockey world knows the Flyers have really only been a few star goalies away from greater Cup contention, over the years.

As a fan of the Flyers of about 30 years, I couldn't agree more with this statement. As far as the logo, it definitely does not evoke memories of bad teams. Even though the Flyers only have two cup wins, they are still a pretty successful franchise.

161.png

Agreed. I associate with Flyers logo with hard-hitting, playoff-contending hockey teams. The OP would have been better off pick one of the many Cubs logos making a "Lovable Losers" reference.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Archived