Good logos ruined by bad teams

FirearmofMutiny

6cphie5heyvfwn6lbzfowe61h.png

Oilers logo since 2011. Has not had 1 winning season with this one

Its the same as the logo from their Gretzky/dynasty years so I think its still associated with winning

I know Wayne Gretzky and Grant Fuhr did become the leaders of the dynasty with this logo. But before this it was a different shade of blue.

scxsuiit824f8druiaf83mo3j.png

This was the primary until 2011. They then reverted to the one i've put above and have not had a winning season. So basically im saying they are 2 different logos. At least to this websites logic.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

270.png

Here's another one from Canada. This one suffered the same fate as the Expos. A what could've been team.

This is not true. As much as Quebec wants/deserves a hockey team, this logo was very bad.

EDIT: There. I fixed it! :D

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

270.png

Here's another one from Canada. This one suffered the same fate as the Expos. A what could've been team.

This is not true. As much as Quebec wants/deserves a hockey team, this logo was not very bad.

That's not what i'm saying. I'm saying while this logo is incredible, it had many terrible teams. They were once so bad that when Eric Lindros was selected #1 overall by them he refused to play for them. They are a what could have been team because one season after they moved away from Quebec, they won a Stanley Cup as the Colorado Avalanche.

270.png

This is not true. As much as Quebec wants/deserves a hockey team, this logo was not very bad.

That's not what i'm saying. I'm saying while this logo is incredible, it had many terrible teams. They were once so bad that when Eric Lindros was selected #1 overall by them he refused to play for them. They are a what could have been team because one season after they moved away from Quebec, they won a Stanley Cup as the Colorado Avalanche.

Oops. I made a typo. That logo IS very bad... It's stuck in the 70's...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

270.png

Nah. Its spectacular. And the perfect 70s logo

270.png

It really doesn't represent anything. It's an odd shape. It's a bad representation of an "N" and a stick. There's a puck, and it might look like an igloo? The only reason you like it is because you love the Nordiques. You love the team and the atmosphere and you probably want the team back, but it doesn't change the fact that the Nordiques logo sucks.

270.png

It really doesn't represent anything. It's an odd shape. It's a bad representation of an "N" and a stick. There's a puck, and it might look like an igloo? The only reason you like it is because you love the Nordiques. You love the team and the atmosphere and you probably want the team back, but it doesn't change the fact that the Nordiques logo sucks.

It's supposed to be an igloo with the igloo being the N. And no the reason I like it is not because I like the Nordiques, I love the name, the logo and history of the Nordiques.

Do I want the team back? Of course. But that doesn't stop me from saying that I love this logo.

270.png

The Nordiques would not be the Nordiques without the Igloo-N being their primary. It's simple and recognizable. Not every logo has to be designed by computer graphics.

If you're going to add color(s) to the Rangers' color scheme, a Lady Liberty in straight copper would look pretty good. It's a more neutral color than the patina blue-green. Plus, it's a throwback! The kids love throwbacks!

5374_san_diego_padres-cap-2016.png

They haven't even played a game yet with that logo.

That's the point. They haven't played a game yet. But it doesn't change the fact that they'll be absolutely terrible.

It's a new year. Many teams have been terrible and then won the World Series or made the playoffs. We didn't make the playoffs until 2014. We then made the World Series and then won it a year later

6cphie5heyvfwn6lbzfowe61h.png

Oilers logo since 2011. Has not had 1 winning season with this one

Its the same as the logo from their Gretzky/dynasty years so I think its still associated with winning

I know Wayne Gretzky and Grant Fuhr did become the leaders of the dynasty with this logo. But before this it was a different shade of blue.

scxsuiit824f8druiaf83mo3j.png

This was the primary until 2011. They then reverted to the one i've put above and have not had a winning season. So basically im saying they are 2 different logos. At least to this websites logic.

Um. Wrong. The copper, navy and red was from the mid-nineties to 2011, the current logo was the logo in the dynasty years. 5 cups do not equal losing.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

800.gif

That's got some winning and good teams under it's belt. The 2001 almost Eastern Conference Champions played under the logo. And don't forget Ray Allen became a superstar during that era too.

I'll grant ya the early to mid 90's teams though.... The worst stretch in Bucks history!

packchampionslfroh.png

Archived