Football Uniform Principles

BrandMooreArt

The designer Dieter Rams is famous for forming his own "10 Principles of Good Design", which was the inspiration for creating my own "Football Uniform Principles". These are not principles of my own style, but notes and theories that I truly believe make a good uniform regardless of tastes. That said, they're not to be taken as universal truths either, but I don't believe they will ever steer you wrong. I'll be adding 1 piece to this thread each day for 37 days - because that's how many there are.

This list is intended to provide whatever knowledge and insight I may have on the topic to you guys, the concept designers. I hope you get something useful out of it.

It is also intended as a marketing piece for The Modern History of Football Uniform Design, which you can sign up for and learn more about HERE.

cjEACpo.png

jj2OIwU.pngLsF61Ki.pnggYOF9mA.pngcN1OsUF.pngosl8svv.png]GkuZdVa.pngdQ3sA6g.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

LsF61Ki.png

i'm a little surprised that this thread hasn't generated more discussion than it has...

although it's hard to disagree with any of Brandon's statements.

As far as a team taking "ownership" of (at least) 1 major element, I would argue that an iconic symbol would be just as effective as a colour combo.

BTW...the very classic green, yellow-gold and white palette of such historic teams as the Packers, Athletics and CFL's Eskimos, is STILL up for grabs in the NHL (Dallas has gone green, black and silver).

It seems that it will still be available after expansion, if and when the NHL welcomes Vegas and Quebec.

Quebec will probably go blue, and L.V. has already decided on its colours of black, silver and gold.

Archived