NFL Development League - if the NFL had a minor league - COMPLETELY FINISHED

hockey week

I like the start, keep up the good work! I would agree as far as the white tigers though, maybe try adding a grey to help things pop a little more and not mesh together. It's a solid jersey, I'd just be curious to see what you come up with. It reminds me of Cincinnati's old af2 team from '06-'07. They had some sweet black white and grey unis too. Its a sleek look, glad someone brought it back.

spacer.png

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheeling Miners........ Where have I heard that before??............

idk, basic google searching didn't turn up any teams that already use that name, nor did a quick search of this board. What else does Wheeling do? It seems rather natural, like how many times Pittsburgh Pirates was used by pro leagues, or how there are Jets in New York and Winnipeg.

I wouldn't doubt that the name has been used before, but the most influence on this concept is an old Icethetics concept I made years ago and the West Virginia University baseball team logo.

To Clarify, the AFA's (A fantastic fictional league by Veras) Pittsburgh Miners were originally based in Wheeling, hence Wheeling Miners

colorado_jonas_sig_by_verasthebrujah-d9pt2sl.jpg.6a5f5d5469d9aee56cb75c7776d95240.jpg

9sa7mHv.gif

Toronto has trouble supporting a CFL team and was pretty apathetic to the Bills series. And a Montreal team has to compete with the not only the Als, but three very popular college teams in the area (Laval, UMontreal, McGill). I'd try Canadian cities without CFL teams, like Quebec City, Kitchener, Saskatoon, Halifax, Victoria, or Niagara Falls if you absolutely want Canadian teams.

Great job on Columbus, idea is cool and concept is well executed. I'd work on the coal a bit, the outline doesn't look very professional. Clean up the lines, thicken the outline maybe? Looking forward to the rest of the series.

qtOnrJr.png

Wheeling Miners........ Where have I heard that before??............

idk, basic google searching didn't turn up any teams that already use that name, nor did a quick search of this board. What else does Wheeling do? It seems rather natural, like how many times Pittsburgh Pirates was used by pro leagues, or how there are Jets in New York and Winnipeg.

I wouldn't doubt that the name has been used before, but the most influence on this concept is an old Icethetics concept I made years ago and the West Virginia University baseball team logo.

To Clarify, the AFA's (A fantastic fictional league by Veras) Pittsburgh Miners were originally based in Wheeling, hence Wheeling Miners

So I wasn't just hearing things?

Either way good branding on all of them. Not sure about how Canadian cities fare, along with Mexico. And I wouldn't choose LA for any teams. The development league is more of a good way to further brand your team. San Diego has already got LA as their territory so they would be better off somewhere they r not such as Vegas or Tijuana if you wanna do Mexico. And Arizona could be Albuquerque. This is your idea so you still decide it all

IMG_1942.PNG

image.png

I honestly haven't followed the fictional leagues, so I apologize for any creative overlap. It certainly wasn't intentional.

I'm not sure how to add gray to Columbus without making them look MORE like the Bengals.

Plus, I like having just a little bit of connection to the old Columbus Chill, which is a crazy look that was way more popular than I ever would've expected.

CBJHS09_Schrines.jpg there's local flavor involved.

Albuquerque is affiliated with Arizona.

You all really think San Diego should go somewhere other than LA? Is LA close enough to SD that there wouldn't be more fans to bring in? I know Wheeling is definitely Steeler country, and Richmond is definitely Redskins territory, but it's just far enough away that few people make the trip.

Thoughts on where? And don't say Vegas, anything with a logo on that map is already done, I'd like to not completely scrap any of them.

And I'm going on pure numbers for some of these teams. Toronto has 2.6 million people, Montreal has 1.65 million. When you're dealing with markets that big, you only need a very very small percentage to succeed as a minor league team. Meanwhile, Vegas has only 583k and look how much that city has been pushed, even when it has little sports history. Wheeling has 145k in their metro area and nobody is questioning them. I think there'll be enough support for a minor league team in any major city. this is the NFL we're talking about, the fans are everywhere.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

One of the ones I'm more proud of. Though the logos aren't perfect, it matches the name and the parent club so well without copying a thing. It's the perfect relationship to an affiliate I could hope for.

Norfolk Destroyers - Affiliate of the Baltimore Ravens

The Naval attachment of Baltimore and Norfolk goes back centuries. Though I thought of using Annapolis originally, the size of Norfolk and the fact that how much of the Navy is stationed in the Norfolk/Hampton Roads/Virginia Beach area made it a no-brainer. Using the image of a fighting ship made the most sense, and though the Maryland flag imagery no longer applies, replacing the big B with a D works perfectly. The colors are navy blue, black, and gold, making only a small deviation from the Ravens' purple - close enough that the equipment of players temporarily moving up or down should not be a problem. They look like the parent club, but it's so clearly not the parent club, which is exactly what I want for many of these teams. I wish I were a better artist to carry it out more effectively. Sponsored by the US Navy Recruiters.

Primary logo -

3b3m77P.png

Primary logo alternate:

9dcR3fg.png

Secondary logo:

RHxsZx2.png

Wordmark:

xad9bhV.png

Home jersey:

1s7NIX1.png

Road jersey:

MO1male.png

The waves look sloppy, and the lines are not very clear here either. Also the main logo is too long and thin for a helmet or primary logo, try and make a more "squared" logo. Jerseys look ok, but the Nike logo is overlapping the shoulder crest. Not sure if it was intentional or not, but the colour scheme is very close to the old Capitals/Wizards outfits. If so, kudos.

qtOnrJr.png

Some of you haven't looked at the map I included, because I absolutely am already doing some of your suggestions.

The Bucs have an affiliate in Orlando (just finished that one, I'm very happy with it), Kansas City has an affiliate in Oklahoma City, and the Memphis Hound Dogs are making an appearance. But keep those suggestions coming, because I'm definitely keeping them in mind (San Antonio Gunslingers is definitely the best idea for the Dallas affiliate thus far).

But first I want to double down on something:

Mexico City Caudillos - Affiliate of the Oakland Raiders

It's a controversial decision to include Mexico in this league, but Mexico City has more than 8 million people, more than 19 million in the metro area, and is the BIGGEST city on the continent. The NFL has played a few exhibition games in Mexico City, and they would be remiss to ignore such a gigantic market. Capturing even a tiny percentage of the city would lead to huge gains. However, knowing the issues with US-Mexico relations, border issues, and the language barrier, they are only putting the one team there, which will be hopefully enough to secure lucrative TV deals, merchandising, and fans.

The Raiders are a tough franchise that pushes for a larger slice of the pie which is satiated with their access to the Mexican market. They're also used to rough and tumble fans with the Black Hole, so they are perfectly equipped to handle a rowdy futbol-loving crowd. Considering that the team was nearly named the Señors, it only makes sense that they have the Spanish connection.

For the name, and I hope my research into Spanish, which I don't speak, is good, the Caudillos are military leaders with political power, a reflection of those responsible for the Mexican Revolution and their fight for independence. The logo is obviously based on the Raiders', with changes made to the headgear to reflect period Mexican military uniforms.

Everything is in a color reverse, because the Raiders black and silver is so iconic, there was no way to easily create new uniforms without completely reinventing the team, which was not an intent. Swapping the colors and working around that should create a very different team with obvious connections, and wearing silver is certainly a cooler-temperature color than wearing black.

Sponsored by banking mogul Inbursa

Primary logo:

MEX%20-%20Mexico%20City%20Caudillos%20pr

Wordmark:

y1ZeVam.png

Home jersey:

MEX%20-%20Mexico%20City%20home%20jersey%

Road jersey:

MEX%20-%20Mexico%20City%20road%20jersey%

I would have gone the whole Aztec Jaguar Warrior route, as it would be more colourful and tie in to the regions history well, but Caudillos could work as well. I wouldn't use the Raider's logo as a base. The eye patch doesn't really fit this new theme. Use a different face for a more Mexican feel. These are revolutionary soldiers, not pirates, make that clear.

qtOnrJr.png

Archived