NFL Development League - if the NFL had a minor league - COMPLETELY FINISHED

hockey week

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never actually thought about North Dakota, but with the oil boom up there, that suddenly makes a lot of sense. I'll be exploring it, especially since I have no good ideas for Calgary.

Orlando Apollos - Affiliate of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Apollos has been a nickname tossed around the NFL for a few decades now. It was among the possibilities for both the Titans and Texans, and every time it has been rejected...but it still keeps coming up. It's the natural choice for a team in central Florida.

The primary logo (which I originally intended to be a secondary, but it worked out SO well that I promoted it) is based on "the meatball", NASA's logo, in different colors with actual constellations and utilizing the font from their other logo. The secondary is the moon with the Apollo spacecraft powering around it (see if you can see the man in the moon), and the tertiary seemed to be a fun idea, mixing an Apollo helmet with a facemask - the only way to astronauts to play proper football.

The uniforms are astronaut-influenced, the helmet, with gold facemask, is clearly intended to be an astronaut helmet. The home jersey is mostly pewter, differing from the standard Bucs jerseys. The secondary is used like a mission patch on the sleeves. The pants stripe is meant to evoke a rocket launch. The road jersey is designed to look like an Apollo astronaut on the moon, stripes and all.

Sponsored by Universal Studios: Orlando.

0floor-nasa-blog480.jpg88fd27604c1a9686064ed60315d52080.jpgCTSastronaut.jpg

Primary logo:

qvuGcZ7.png

Secondary logo

moTadne.png

Tertiary logo:

cAF3f3W.png

Wordmark:

uTbt2G3.png

Home jersey:

0L6uHs5.png

road jersey:

JFZxomc.png

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Alright, something radical

New Mexico Express - Affiliate of the Arizona Cardinals

Arizona is the only place close enough for something like this to make sense, and California has too much competition. Albuquerque is the home city (only because Santa Fe is too small), and the design is based on the Sante Fe Super Chief, the train that won the west, and the toy train that every child had at one point or another.

ElCapcolor1.jpgATH29308.JPG

The entire design is based on that, and if any team knows odd jersey design, it's Arizona.

Primary logo and wordmark:

wK3Gma5.png

home jersey:

TgahwIL.png

road jersey:

YsX1Wgm.png

As much as the Apollos is a great idea, and the helmet space logo, it's really bad... It's not uniform in shape, or any straight or nicely curved lines. I mean I know what kind or work goes into creating logos. (I'm so bad that I don't even try ) But I feel like you rushed to throw this together ...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Most of these are great, but New Mexico is just way too busy. The primary logo (which by the way is the symbol for the Zia Pueblo and therefore could not be used) has nothing to do with trains and the jersey helmet idea just doesn't really work. It was a good idea but I don't know if it can work.

I also have one question for the entire series: Why does the sponsor logo have a white background?

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Most of these are great, but New Mexico is just way too busy. The primary logo (which by the way is the symbol for the Zia Pueblo and therefore could not be used) has nothing to do with trains and the jersey helmet idea just doesn't really work. It was a good idea but I don't know if it can work.

I also have one question for the entire series: Why does the sponsor logo have a white background?

It's on the New Mexico state flag, their license plates, various city flags, police department badges, souvenirs and even planes. It's universally "New Mexico" and the design on the front of the locomotive is deliberately similar.

I put all of the sponsor logos on a 50x50 white square patch, that way they all have equal space for however they want to use it, team colors don't become an issue of clashing or hiding it, and many corporate logos are designed for white backgrounds anyway. One simple square patch, easily changeable from season to season.

It's on the New Mexico state flag, their license plates, various city flags, police department badges, souvenirs and even planes. It's universally "New Mexico" and the design on the front of the locomotive is deliberately similar.

I put all of the sponsor logos on a 50x50 white square patch, that way they all have equal space for however they want to use it, team colors don't become an issue of clashing or hiding it, and many corporate logos are designed for white backgrounds anyway. One simple square patch, easily changeable from season to season.

That makes sense about the sponsor logos. I was just letting you know that that symbol (the Zia symbol) is owned by the Zia Pueblo, so couldn't be used without permission for a real team. Now, I know this is just a concept but I wasn't sure if you were following those copyright issues.

By the way, I was scrolling through your thread and that Norfolk Destroyers concept is really nice. That's well done and could really continue the identity of the Ravens into the Development League.

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Not crazy about the logo, but I LOVE the uniforms for the Express. Seems like it would be better suited for a sun-related team name, like the Suns, Blaze, Heat, ect.... but they look awesome regardless.

As for Orlando, the logo looks too much like a corporate logo. There's nothing on there to indicate it's for a football team, or anything sports related at all.

Location-wise, this makes a lot more sense with Tennessee, but their color scheme made much more sense elsewhere.

Memphis Hound Dogs - Affiliate of the Jacksonville Jaguars

Memphis is a rather large city that is often overlooked. The original Hound Dogs proposal was done with the blessing of Elvis' estate, which I made sure to include with the sponsorship.

MemphisHounDogs93.GIF

It took a lot of scouring to find logos and information on that original proposal, which clearly didn't get that far. I actually had to find these on logoserver and touch them up. the only real information was the two stripes behind the secondary logo. I built the rest out from that, based on the Jaguars colors (which were very very similar) and of course had to incorporate a two-tone helmet, not because it reflected the original, but because it's the Jags and you know they wouldn't be able to resist.

Sponsored by Elvis Presley Enterprises

Primary logo:

zcHdkcA.png

secondary logos:

PRKqymA.png

Wordmark:

D9r4Znv.png

Home jersey:

tg3Oc8V.png

road jersey:

MHw4mLr.png

Not a fan of the double stripes on the shoulder for Memphis. I think if you pick one of the colors and go with a solid shoulder cap then it would look better but those two different colored stripes are a mess with the white and gold M logo also there. There isn't enough contrast on the back half but if both stripes were teal then the gold would look better

MemphisHounDogs93.GIF

It took a lot of scouring to find logos and information on that original proposal, which clearly didn't get that far. I actually had to find these on logoserver and touch them up. the only real information was the two stripes behind the secondary logo. I built the rest out from that, based on the Jaguars colors (which were very very similar) and of course had to incorporate a two-tone helmet, not because it reflected the original, but because it's the Jags and you know they wouldn't be able to resist.

Problem is, that logo's fake. Here's the real one:

EX_MEM_93.jpg

Um don't think it matters. Anyway I do agree that Orlando does look too corporate however Memphis I'd buy in a heartbeat the elvis thing is gold.

New Mexico needs a bit more tweaking. Font isn't sitting right but that's it. Hopefully this concept goes the distance. Many concepts like this get shut down. However I hope this goes the distance. Really excited for more

MemphisHounDogs93.GIF

Problem is, that logo's fake. Here's the real one:

EX_MEM_93.jpg

REEEEEAAAALLLYYYYY.....well s****.

I saw a black and white version of that logo and figured it had to be some concept, it was just too cartoony for the NFL. Never found those jerseys though.

I guess my Memphis concept is based on someone else's concept, so I apologize to whomever I stole it from. Oh well, I guess. I'm going to run with it.

What kind of font do you think would work better for New Mexico?

Two that are a lot less corporate that turned out better than I'd hoped. Whimsy of old time football is there.

Nebraska Ghosts - Affiliate of the Chicago Bears

Putting a team in Omaha, Nebraska makes sense for the Bears. Though the University is in Lincoln, you want an underserved community. Furthermore, you have two areas rich with old time football tradition, one college, one pro. Both regions have their legends of the fall, and this team is meant to evoke all of them. The logo and name clearly reference The Galloping Ghost Red Grange, but it's vague enough to be anybody and everybody. I've also always wanted a sepia-tone team. How much more vintage can you get? Old Tyme photos all around! Plus, the backgrounds on the jerseys are meant to look like the old leather-patched models. The primary logo has subdued colors, the secondary is in full-color.

Sponsored by TD Ameritrade

Primary logo:

MJFS308.png

Secondary logo:

mmF8Jd4.png

Wordmark:

ddloBXV.png

Home jersey:

p29uzHN.png

Road jersey:

CaocO6H.png

You can't put out Chicago without also doing Green Bay.

Milwaukee Butchers - Affiliate of the Green Bay Packers

The Packers had games in Milwaukee until 1995, this was a no-brainer. I wanted a name that was related to meat-packing, and butchers was by far the best thing I could come up with. Take their old quarterback logo, put an apron and paper hat on him, and give him a cleaver instead of a football, and boom, Milwaukee Butchers. The Butcher is cutting sausages because I wanted a meat product there (shows that he's not a themed murderer or a batman villain) and with Milwaukee's thick German history, and the fact that wurst can be white, made it an easy pick. The jerseys are based on the Packers current throwbacks, but in green for a permanent basis. A real fauxback for use every week. The secondary is a G-inspired helmet logo for Milwaukee.

Sponsored by Harley Davidson.

Primary logo:

BKCABbH.png

Secondary logo:

YyqdF4N.pngWordmark:

CL2GlFS.png

Home jersey:

DJkB1VD.png

Road jersey:

xIKK51m.png

Vancouver Ospreys - Affiliates of the Seattle Seahawks

Lots of Vs hidden about in typical Vancouver sports style. Used the now-retired Seahawks full-bird logo (with some recolors) that everyone loves but nobody ever sees because they never really used it. It works because seahawks ARE ospreys, and it makes a subtle V with its wings. Sponsored by Rockstar Vancouver

Primary logo:

Vq9gQvo.png

Wordmark:

2vckKkH.png

hxgcBJs.png

road jersey:

a16KY3w.png

Some of these r achually really good.

Heres what im not a fan of. Some of these are reall cluttered, there are some good ideas but it could be better.

the colors do not have to be the same at all, i even encourage you not to take from there normal teams. like the ahl and nhl some affiliates are very different. the only nhl you see on it is the logo.

the quality is not the best. what program do you use? i recommend a new template

lastely most logos here r either the nfl teams logos or there slightly different. try to be more original.

Wheeling- I really like the WM logo thats in the primary, my opinoin stick with that. For the uniform add some silver lines to the sleave. White #s need to be yellow. I understand the headlamp thing, but truthfully it doesnt look the best.

Columbus- i achually like this, its a little crazy but i think the black and white would look nice on the feild. White Tiger as a name though...idk. How about Snow Cats? just an idea

Las Vegas- Now this is cool! I love this one! nice work.

Norfolk- Switch the blue and the black on the away. I think the quality of your pictures kill this one the most. as well this is way too much like the ravens. dont be afraid to change it up a little. Just an opinoin you dont have to take it but what you could do it eliminate the black, considering its no were in the logo and try to make the jersey look like a navy uniform considering its one of your sponsers. add more gold.

Mexico City- The updated logo helps alot, once again too much like nfl team, not against the uniform but it was mostly with the first logo you started with. i like it now looks good!

Auston- No Problem here, a nice traditional uniform

Orlando- Considering that would be a law suit be cause the logo is way too close to nasas. The secondary is really cool. just clean it up a little. I love the away. for the home i think the pants should be like the aways. a little consistency makes football uniforms awesome.

New Mexico- now this is were its different and i like it. the helmet is a big no no though. ive run in to this problem alot. you didnt use white in the home so the color balance was off in the away. Trust me i competely understand. My opinoin get rid of the black. 4 colors is alot. 5 is way too much. I would either go with Red Grey White... Grey Yellow White.... or Red Yellow White.

Memphis- No offense but just because jacksonvilles helemts are ugly doesnt mean you need to make their helmets ugly. U need to look over these uniforms and try to find a nice color balance because its all over the place.

Nebraska- why does it say Omaha on the back? Love the logo! not feeling the lines on the front. other than that i love it.

Milwaukee- HAHAHAHA that logo.... i love it looks good!. Guess what you didnt do again? whit in the home needs to happen. Color balance.

Vancouver- No on the primary logo. Really? we all know that was seatles old secondary. be more creative. This is the best jersey in this series hands down its awesome, only... Only if you change to colar

lastley if you r going to have ads take the white out of the background. Slow dow. think and create. my NFL Redesign started last year september. im currently at i think 29 teams. today. thats 15 months! its all about planing draw it out first. you have talent. a good analogy is drawing. you start off do something real quick. its a sketch. its not your best but you can work off of it. if you send it in for critisism your going to get ALOT. if you work on it for a while, work over every bump, and then get critisism on it your going to get a lot of good comments.

I hope i helped. i might of rambled a little but i think you can work on these.

Wheeling- I really like the WM logo thats in the primary, my opinoin stick with that. For the uniform add some silver lines to the sleave. White #s need to be yellow. I understand the headlamp thing, but truthfully it doesnt look the best.

Columbus- i achually like this, its a little crazy but i think the black and white would look nice on the feild. White Tiger as a name though...idk. How about Snow Cats? just an idea

Las Vegas- Now this is cool! I love this one! nice work.

Norfolk- Switch the blue and the black on the away. I think the quality of your pictures kill this one the most. as well this is way too much like the ravens. dont be afraid to change it up a little. Just an opinoin you dont have to take it but what you could do it eliminate the black, considering its no were in the logo and try to make the jersey look like a navy uniform considering its one of your sponsers. add more gold.

Mexico City- The updated logo helps alot, once again too much like nfl team, not against the uniform but it was mostly with the first logo you started with. i like it now looks good!

Auston- No Problem here, a nice traditional uniform

Orlando- Considering that would be a law suit be cause the logo is way too close to nasas. The secondary is really cool. just clean it up a little. I love the away. for the home i think the pants should be like the aways. a little consistency makes football uniforms awesome.

New Mexico- now this is were its different and i like it. the helmet is a big no no though. ive run in to this problem alot. you didnt use white in the home so the color balance was off in the away. Trust me i competely understand. My opinoin get rid of the black. 4 colors is alot. 5 is way too much. I would either go with Red Grey White... Grey Yellow White.... or Red Yellow White.

Memphis- No offense but just because jacksonvilles helemts are ugly doesnt mean you need to make their helmets ugly. U need to look over these uniforms and try to find a nice color balance because its all over the place.

Nebraska- why does it say Omaha on the back? Love the logo! not feeling the lines on the front. other than that i love it.

Milwaukee- HAHAHAHA that logo.... i love it looks good!. Guess what you didnt do again? whit in the home needs to happen. Color balance.

Vancouver- No on the primary logo. Really? we all know that was seatles old secondary. be more creative. This is the best jersey in this series hands down its awesome, only... Only if you change to colar

lastley if you r going to have ads take the white out of the background. Slow dow. think and create. my NFL Redesign started last year september. im currently at i think 29 teams. today. thats 15 months! its all about planing draw it out first. you have talent. a good analogy is drawing. you start off do something real quick. its a sketch. its not your best but you can work off of it. if you send it in for critisism your going to get ALOT. if you work on it for a while, work over every bump, and then get critisism on it your going to get a lot of good comments.

I hope i helped. i might of rambled a little but i think you can work on these.

I've been waiting for a comment like this the entire series. This is advice I can really sink my teeth into. I'm going to work on these and see what I can come up with.

Archived