NFL Development League - if the NFL had a minor league - COMPLETELY FINISHED

hockey week

This was an ambitious series, and I'm sad to see it go. You had some really great ideas, but the logos (while better than anything I've ever done) were not really up to par for this site, and I think that's the reason for the lack of reception. I'd focus on conepts w/o original logos and come back to these from time to time as your skills improve. I know how frustrating it is, I can't put the perfect logos in my head to paper yet either. This series was really brave. Kudos man

qtOnrJr.png

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that you've missed some opportunities. Number one, I feel that you didn't take advice or criticism to improve the look of these. Why would I comment with things I felt could be better if I don't think you'll do anything about it? Number two, you missed opportunities to build an identity of each team's own, often times just flipping the colors of the parent team. For example, why would the Wichita Bombers wear the colors they do, aside from the fact they're affiliated with the Titans? Number three, you put out your concepts too quickly, not giving a chance to comment on your work before moving to the next one.

I'd say put the Minnesota affiliate in either North Dakota or Iowa (Maybe do a play off the German Influence in both Cities)

San Francisco could be in Reno or in Sacramento

Why not put San Diego in Tijuana, maybe call them the Cuotl do a sort of Aztec theme for them

Detroit is Tough maybe do Toledo and do something Horrifying like putting the Winged Helmet of Michigan in Ohio call them the Griffins?

BOS2.png.28748cfa2d8957954518a9f81f4cd4e8.pngboston_captains_jersey_sig_by_verasthebrujah-dbp5b0z.jpg

Put Detroit's developmental team in Grand Rapids Michigan and use the team name Silence of the Rams suggested, The Grand Rapids Hunters or the Michigan Hunters.

San Diego, you could put the team just south of the border in Tijuana, Mexico. Once again SotR's name would work. The Tijuana Thunder.

st__louis_aces_player_sig___tom_davis_by_verasthebrujah-d9w1l6u.jpg

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_minor_by_verasthebrujah-dbd786h.jpg.04fb6ee08e3d6de5abf371b4fd8bf0bf.jpgmiami_suns_sig_by_verasthebrujah-da7emd5.jpg

My Nfl D-league

MIA-Pensacola

NE-Hartford

BUF-Albany,Ny

NYJ-Syracuse,Ny

BAL-Annapolis

CIN-Columbus,OH

CLE-Akron

PIT-Wilkes-Barre

HOU-Austin,Tex

IND-Iowa City,IA

JAC-Tallahassee,FL

TEN-Knoxville,TN

DEN-Colorado Springs,CO

KC-Springfield,MO

OAK-Anaheim,CA

SD-Long Beach,CA

DAL-San Antonio

NYG-Newark,NJ

PHI-State College

WAS-Richmond

CHI-Champaign

DET-Ann Arbor

GB-Milwaukee

MIN-Fargo,ND

ATL-Birmingham,AL

CAR-Raleigh

NO-Mobile,AL

TB-Orlando

ARI-Albuquerque,NM

STL-Columbia,MO

SF-Fresno

SEA-Portland,OR

I feel that you've missed some opportunities. Number one, I feel that you didn't take advice or criticism to improve the look of these. Why would I comment with things I felt could be better if I don't think you'll do anything about it? Number two, you missed opportunities to build an identity of each team's own, often times just flipping the colors of the parent team. For example, why would the Wichita Bombers wear the colors they do, aside from the fact they're affiliated with the Titans? Number three, you put out your concepts too quickly, not giving a chance to comment on your work before moving to the next one.

Speaking of Wichita, isn't his primary logo just a recolored version of the proposed Baltimore Bombers (before they became the Ravens)?

Speaking of Wichita, isn't his primary logo just a recolored version of the proposed Baltimore Bombers (before they became the Ravens)?
Somewhat but not 100%

My Nfl D-league

MIA-Pensacola

NE-Hartford

BUF-Albany,Ny

NYJ-Syracuse,Ny

BAL-Annapolis

CIN-Columbus,OH

CLE-Akron

PIT-Wilkes-Barre

HOU-Austin,Tex

IND-Iowa City,IA

JAC-Tallahassee,FL

TEN-Knoxville,TN

DEN-Colorado Springs,CO

KC-Springfield,MO

OAK-Anaheim,CA

SD-Long Beach,CA

DAL-San Antonio

NYG-Newark,NJ

PHI-State College

WAS-Richmond

CHI-Champaign

DET-Ann Arbor

GB-Milwaukee

MIN-Fargo,ND

ATL-Birmingham,AL

CAR-Raleigh

NO-Mobile,AL

TB-Orlando

ARI-Albuquerque,NM

STL-Columbia,MO

SF-Fresno

SEA-Portland,OR

There's a lot I like here, but that gets SOOOOOO much tougher to create relevant team names with it. That's my struggle with Raleigh, which is one we have in common. And if you can do it, more power to ya. I'd love to see another series like this one

And thank you for the kind words, everyone. I figured this thread would sink like a stone and be forgotten, so I'm pleasantly surprised to see it still kicking. Thank you.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• 4 weeks later...

Great series. Though if I was in charge of this, here's how I would've set up the IFL:

NFL TEAM = IFL AFFILIATE

• Arizona Cardinals = Tucson, AZ
  • Atlanta Falcons = Birmingham, AL
  • Baltimore Ravens = Norfolk, VA
  • Buffalo Bills = Rochester, NY
  • Carolina Panthers = Greensboro, NC
  • Chicago Bears = South Bend, IN
  • Cincinnati Bengals = Dayton, OH
  • Cleveland Browns = Canton, OH
  • Dallas Cowboys = Oklahoma City, OK
  • Denver Broncos = Salt Lake City, UT
  • Detroit Lions = Grand Rapids, MI or Flint, MI
  • Green Bay Packers = Milwaukee, WI
  • Houston Texans = San Antonio, TX
  • Indianapolis Colts = Louisville, KY
  • Jacksonville Jaguars = Daytona Beach, FL
  • Kansas City Chiefs = Wichita, KS or Omaha, NE
  • Miami Dolphins = Fort Lauderdale, FL or Nassau, The Bahamas
  • Minnesota Vikings = Fargo, ND
  • New England Patriots = Hartford, CT
  • New Orleans Saints = Baton Rouge, LA
  • New York Giants = Albany, NY
  • New York Jets = Trenton, NJ
  • Oakland Raiders = Reno, NV
    • If Raiders move to Los Angeles, then affiliate would be in Bakersfield, CA
  • Philadelphia Eagles = Allentown, PA
  • Pittsburgh Steelers = Wheeling, WV
  • St. Louis Rams = Springfield, MO
    • If Rams move to Los Angeles, then affiliate would be in Long Beach, CA
  • San Diego Chargers = Las Vegas, NV
    • If Chargers move to Los Angeles, then affiliate would be in San Diego, CA
  • San Francisco 49ers = Sacramento, CA
  • Seattle Seahawks = Portland, OR
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers = Orlando, FL
  • Tennessee Titans = Chattanooga, TN
  • Washington Redskins = Richmond, VA

YOZXkBG.png?1

Great series. Though if I was in charge of this, here's how I would've set up the IFL:

NFL TEAM = IFL AFFILIATE

• Arizona Cardinals = Tucson, AZ
  • Atlanta Falcons = Birmingham, AL
  • Baltimore Ravens = Norfolk, VA
  • Buffalo Bills = Rochester, NY
  • Carolina Panthers = Greensboro, NC
  • Chicago Bears = South Bend, IN
  • Cincinnati Bengals = Dayton, OH
  • Cleveland Browns = Canton, OH
  • Dallas Cowboys = Oklahoma City, OK
  • Denver Broncos = Salt Lake City, UT
  • Detroit Lions = Grand Rapids, MI or Flint, MI
  • Green Bay Packers = Milwaukee, WI
  • Houston Texans = San Antonio, TX
  • Indianapolis Colts = Louisville, KY
  • Jacksonville Jaguars = Daytona Beach, FL
  • Kansas City Chiefs = Wichita, KS or Omaha, NE
  • Miami Dolphins = Fort Lauderdale, FL or Nassau, The Bahamas
  • Minnesota Vikings = Fargo, ND
  • New England Patriots = Hartford, CT
  • New Orleans Saints = Baton Rouge, LA
  • New York Giants = Albany, NY
  • New York Jets = Trenton, NJ
  • Oakland Raiders = Reno, NV
    • If Raiders move to Los Angeles, then affiliate would be in Bakersfield, CA
  • Philadelphia Eagles = Allentown, PA
  • Pittsburgh Steelers = Wheeling, WV
  • St. Louis Rams = Springfield, MO
    • If Rams move to Los Angeles, then affiliate would be in Long Beach, CA
  • San Diego Chargers = Las Vegas, NV
    • If Chargers move to Los Angeles, then affiliate would be in San Diego, CA
  • San Francisco 49ers = Sacramento, CA
  • Seattle Seahawks = Portland, OR
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers = Orlando, FL
  • Tennessee Titans = Chattanooga, TN
  • Washington Redskins = Richmond, VA

Setting up cities is easy. Really easy. A map and some logic, and you can do it in a pretty short time.

Pick team names for all of them, then you'll see my struggle.

I actually do have one more addition to this (the project hasn't completely left my mind, it bothers me that it's unfinished, especially when it's so close). I was going to post them in another chunk, but the other ideas haven't been as forthcoming as I had hoped. Seeing this back on the front page, I figure I'll throw in the one I had waiting around.

Calgary Highlanders - Affiliate of the Minnesota Vikings

I really wanted a northern team to go with Minnesota, something that makes sense. Their logo is also so good that I wanted to have it incorporated in some form. Canada has enough Scottish population that a province is named for it (Nova Scotia means New Scotland). Calgary has its fair share, and they have official tartans both for the city and for the province. This tartan is not that official one, this is based on the colors of the Vikings, as well as orange, added for the Highlanders.

The logo is, obviously, a Scottish highlander, red-haired with a plaid-bounded cap. I think plaid is vastly underutilized, and if used in understated and limited manners, it could be a great design element. For a minor league, it's perfect.

Sponsored by PetroCanada

Primary logo:

KDqHoSg.png

Team Tartan (secondary logo):

OgOtxlD.png

Wordmark:

JPQTjsm.png

Home jersey:

Y907YDx.png

Road jersey:

RMlzNUs.png

Doesn't really make sense. There is very little if any Scottish culture in Alberta. They are far more abundant in Atlantic Canada, and it stays there for the most part.

There are three main categories that relate to Alberta; Cowboys/Ranching, Oil, and Mountains.

Alberta DOES have the third highest Scottish population in Canada. Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, but who doesn't like a highlander? I really like how the logo came out and idk where else I can put this team and have it make sense. If it goes too far east, it defies the logic of many teams going west. It's not like the Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Diego Chargers, or Tennessee Titans, among others, have whole lot of region-specific reasons for their team names. As long as it makes ANY sense, I'm ok with it.

I do need help though, I'm putting San Diego's affiliate in Hollywood.

It's a basis of a silver lightning bolt and a walk-of-fame star, and it's meant to reflect the movie life, the silver screen, etc.

What's the best team name?

Hollywood Silver Flashes

Hollywood Flashes

Hollywood Glitz

Hollywood Blitz

Something else?

Archived