NFL Development League - if the NFL had a minor league - COMPLETELY FINISHED

hockey week

Hollywood Starlights would be a great name. Also I do like Calgary but for me personally I think that the current Vikings colors might have been better. You can keep these if you want. I think that it's just a matter of preference

Honestly, I added orange because of an earlier comment about wanting to see a black/purple/orange combination, kind of a Youngstown Phantoms look. The black is there in the logo, but keeping the gold from the Vikings made more sense on balancing light and dark colors.

I could swap the orange for white in the jersey and tartan, but I'm definitely keeping the orange haircolor in the logo.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hollywood Starlights would be a great name. Also I do like Calgary but for me personally I think that the current Vikings colors might have been better. You can keep these if you want. I think that it's just a matter of preference

Honestly, I added orange because of an earlier comment about wanting to see a black/purple/orange combination, kind of a Youngstown Phantoms look. The black is there in the logo, but keeping the gold from the Vikings made more sense on balancing light and dark colors.

I could swap the orange for white in the jersey and tartan, but I'm definitely keeping the orange haircolor in the logo.

Hey its your call. Its based on preference. Anyway keep up the awesome work

Hollywood Lightning is the right direction, but I want it to be a little more movie-centric. It's a navy/silver look with silver lightning on the shoulders and a walk-of-fame star on the helmet. It doesn't have to be something tough, but it has to make some sense.

Revamped the Calgary Highlanders, which I know isn't the best name concept for the area, but it's not completely ridiculous, so I'm sticking with it.

Do you think this is better than the orange version?

Primary logo:

EhKJCWO.png

Secondary logo Tartan:
XHoTO14.png

Home jersey:

WTw3T5O.png

Road jersey:

kUaBE9w.png

The new one looks better--but may I make 2 suggestions?

First, I think if you have the tartan look on the unis, you should use it for the helmet & socks stripes.

That would look cool.

Second, while times have changed- PetroCan is not a great choice for the sponsor.

Almost any other oil company located there would be a much better choice.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I went through a lot of iterations with this one. Really struggled with both a look and a name. First I realized that the silver lightning that I first envisioned looked way too much like the Cowboys, and anything I did with silver first looked too much like the Raiders.

I went through some very odd thoughts with both the Hollywood Walk of Fame

HWD%20-%20Hollywood%20copy_zpshguvoqgo.p

Before realizing how mish-mashed that look was, with stars and lightning bolts and no clear anything.

Then I started to think more about a Dallas Stars-inspired football jersey, and it worked to an extent, but I couldn't get it to become an identity, especially as I started adding in other ideas, like the film-strip stripe. There was some thought behind this, as the jersey could either be a star, or it was two spotlights in the sky, as seen in the logo, but it just wasn't quite there.

HWD%20-%20Hollywood%20all-stars%20jersey

This nearly became the Hollywood All-Stars, but it was just too generic, and putting together a logo was coming up with nothing.

So with those failed ideas in mind, I hope you enjoy what I came up with:

Hollywood Shooting Stars - Affiliate of the San Diego Chargers

The Stars, as they're better known, utilized a lightning bolt from the Chargers' past, because the current one had too extreme an arc to function well as a meteor. I took the bolt from this little-used logo:

fcanj8z9shiwxxhlro8r0azl8.gif

Adding a simple star to the end completes the transition to a shooting star, which is meant to evoke thoughts of Hollywood stars and shooting films, stars are synonymous with Hollywood in general.

The secondary logo is a Hollywood opening, meant to showcase the word and represents the city. It is not used on the uniform.

The jerseys are meant to evoke a Dan Fouts-era Chargers look with Hollywood twists. I largely avoided baby blue because the San Diego Chargers still use baby blue so often, and it would not be a bad thing if they embraced it full-time. However, any throwbacks to this era, even though they looked good and didn't too that badly, are largely ignored. This team fills a void in the look of the Chargers' franchise.

The Starfield helmets seemed like a cool effect. I wanted something off-the-wall for a team in tinseltown, but my big-star idea didn't work, and the helmet looked really plain, but I didn't want to use stripes. So a generic starfield adds a little flair without being very in-your-face.

Sponsored by 20th Century Fox

Primary logo:

o350e3v.png

Secondary logo:

U6VKN3R.png

Wordmark:

xFwgfAS.png

Home jersey:

6X3aLVi.png

Road jersey:

oo1h9b5.png

The Stars, as they're better known, utilized a lightning bolt from the Chargers' past, because the current one had too extreme an arc to function well as a meteor. I took the bolt from this little-used logo:

Adding a simple star to the end completes the transition to a shooting star, which is meant to evoke thoughts of Hollywood stars and shooting films, stars are synonymous with Hollywood in general.

The secondary logo is a Hollywood opening, meant to showcase the word and represents the city. It is not used on the uniform.

The jerseys are meant to evoke a Dan Fouts-era Chargers look with Hollywood twists. I largely avoided baby blue because the San Diego Chargers still use baby blue so often, and it would not be a bad thing if they embraced it full-time. However, any throwbacks to this era, even though they looked good and didn't too that badly, are largely ignored. This team fills a void in the look of the Chargers' franchise.

The Starfield helmets seemed like a cool effect. I wanted something off-the-wall for a team in tinseltown, but my big-star idea didn't work, and the helmet looked really plain, but I didn't want to use stripes. So a generic starfield adds a little flair without being very in-your-face.

Primary logo:

o350e3v.png

Secondary logo:

U6VKN3R.png

Wordmark:

xFwgfAS.png

Home jersey:

6X3aLVi.png

Road jersey:

oo1h9b5.png

Take my money

Wow, that sunk like a freaking stone. I'm glad I'm nearly finished with this entirely, and not just give-up-on-it finished.

Raleigh Foxes - Affiliate of the Carolina Panthers

I struggled and struggled and struggled with finding this identity. I knew a few things that had to happen: They would very likely play at NC State's stadium, so red had to be a color, preferably a primary color. I found that Raleigh is an incredibly boring city, historically. Other than some Confederate Civil War happenings, I found very little to build a team name around, and I refuse to glorify the CSA. Nearby Greensboro had the fascinating Freedom Riders, but that 1) could have been very political and 2) should not be trivialized as a sports team. So I needed something more generic.

Enter the Foxes.

There actually is some logic here, Swamp Fox Francis Marion was a key player in the American Revolution in the Carolinas, even though it wasn't exactly in Raleigh and there were teams named the Swamp Foxes in minor league sports in nearby cities, so the more generic idea of the Foxes.

The look is clearly based on the Carolina uniforms, and a measure was taken to keep the blue and red separated. Blue disappears almost entirely on the road uniforms, and I figured that would work.

Sponsored by Golden Corral Restaurants and Buffets

Primary logo:

XQWl0q5.png

Secondary logo:

EnQVCpO.png

Wordmark:

Qqdz22R.png

Home jersey:

7wYBeQL.png

Road jersey:

CFipsz5.png

I changed San Francisco's affiliate to Reno, NV and now Detroit stands without one.

I'm thinking of Fort Wayne, Indiana, with 110,000 people but is a fantastic minor league sports city, or Hamilton, Ontario, with 550,000 people and mostly hockey and already has a CFL team. So I'm torn between the two.

I'd like to name Detroit's affiliate the Spartans, because the Lions were first the Portsmouth Spartans. However, I hate to waste cities as interesting as Fort Wayne and Hamilton on a super generic team name like the Spartans.

So...thoughts?

Doesn't really make sense. There is very little if any Scottish culture in Alberta. They are far more abundant in Atlantic Canada, and it stays there for the most part.

There are three main categories that relate to Alberta; Cowboys/Ranching, Oil, and Mountains.

Alberta DOES have the third highest Scottish population in Canada. Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch, but who doesn't like a highlander? I really like how the logo came out and idk where else I can put this team and have it make sense. If it goes too far east, it defies the logic of many teams going west. It's not like the Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Diego Chargers, or Tennessee Titans, among others, have whole lot of region-specific reasons for their team names. As long as it makes ANY sense, I'm ok with it.

I do need help though, I'm putting San Diego's affiliate in Hollywood.

It's a basis of a silver lightning bolt and a walk-of-fame star, and it's meant to reflect the movie life, the silver screen, etc.

What's the best team name?

Hollywood Silver Flashes

Hollywood Flashes

Hollywood Glitz

Hollywood Blitz

Something else?

Alberta is 4th in percentage of Scotish heritage at 20%, but significantly behind Nova Scotia (32%) and PEi (41%), while BC, New Brunswick, Ontario, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba are all at or very close to 20% as well.

I changed San Francisco's affiliate to Reno, NV and now Detroit stands without one.

I'm thinking of Fort Wayne, Indiana, with 110,000 people but is a fantastic minor league sports city, or Hamilton, Ontario, with 550,000 people and mostly hockey and already has a CFL team. So I'm torn between the two.

I'd like to name Detroit's affiliate the Spartans, because the Lions were first the Portsmouth Spartans. However, I hate to waste cities as interesting as Fort Wayne and Hamilton on a super generic team name like the Spartans.

So...thoughts?

Calgary has a CFL team also.

These logos are rough, but I really like the idea. The running secondary fox is extremely cool and I think overall you have something good here. For logos in general, use thicker lines. For paint connect up some lines and fill them.for the primary fox you need to finish the logo. You can't just cut it off at the bottom of the canvas. Close it off with a line. Uniforms aren't bad but it needs better color balance. Either don't use the blue at all or use it sparingly for both home and away. This series has improved with time, I can see you're moving out of your comfort zone with some of these which is good, keep trending upwards. I think Fort Wayne would be an awesome place to affiliate the lions with, I think you could work something for them involving pioneer era stuff, as that's when fort Wayne was actually created. Also I just saw the revenant so that'd be pretty cool.

CanucksBrad are you just here to cause problems

These logos are rough, but I really like the idea. The running secondary fox is extremely cool and I think overall you have something good here. For logos in general, use thicker lines. For paint connect up some lines and fill them.for the primary fox you need to finish the logo. You can't just cut it off at the bottom of the canvas. Close it off with a line. Uniforms aren't bad but it needs better color balance. Either don't use the blue at all or use it sparingly for both home and away. This series has improved with time, I can see you're moving out of your comfort zone with some of these which is good, keep trending upwards. I think Fort Wayne would be an awesome place to affiliate the lions with, I think you could work something for them involving pioneer era stuff, as that's when fort Wayne was actually created. Also I just saw the revenant so that'd be pretty cool.

CanucksBrad are you just here to cause problems

You're right, and the logos are certainly my weakest thing. That's been a real struggle throughout. I was trying to emulate the Carolina logo, which just kinda cuts off, but it does it with a swooping curve, and I didn't realize that. So i tried to make it look a little closer and put it on a background where the outline is more obvious.

I thought blue was a necessity, but it can just be there in the eyes, that's enough of a hat-tip to the affiliate, it doesn't have to be there.

QVCnDms.png

qaetDzp.png

gDccEyw.png

Primary logo:

o350e3v.png

Secondary logo:

U6VKN3R.png

Wordmark:

xFwgfAS.png

Home jersey:

6X3aLVi.png

Road jersey:

oo1h9b5.png

That helmet is awesome!