3. Keselowski

4. Elliott

5. Logano

6. Kahne

7. Kenseth

8. Edwards

9. Harvick

10. Blaney

It seems that Fuel strategy was key today. Kurt had a good car but wasn't sure about fuel but it paid off. Elliott lead 51 laps, Kes had to do some catch up after the penalty. I have to say if Elliott or Larson don't win this season, I do love a good fuel strategy race.

Next up Michigan

baltimoreravens.png

As a Chase Elliott fan, that one stung a bit. Sometimes I forget he's a rook, especially the way he drove yesterday, being able to hold off Rowdy and Kenseth at the same time. That was some great racing. 

Now I know what it's like to be a Kyle Larson fan :lol:

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from Michigan:

1. Logano

2. Elliott

3. Larson

4. Keselowski

5. Harvick

6. Edwards

7. Stewart

8. A.Dillon

9. McMurray

10. Kurt Busch

With the exception of a couple dicey restarts, it looks like the package was pretty decent. I think by the end of the season, Larson or Elliott are going to win. Its just something that I think will happen. They're both looking like they have some great cars & Tony in the top 10? That was awesome. However, Joey did lead 139 laps which is also impressive, but if there were a few more laps,  I think Chase would've caught him.

Next up Sonoma for the last race for Fox

baltimoreravens.png

I missed the race today but I'm glad to see Chase did well again.  He's having a rookie season for the ages!  I think he's just a top five short of matching Jeff Gordon's rookie season numbers.

IUe6Hvh.png

So I missed the Xfinity race today due to work, but Sam Hornish Jr came back in a Gibbs car and apparently dominated the race en route to a win in his first tax  of the year.

Meanwhile, young gun William Byron won his third race in 9 starts and 2nd in a row last night. This kid's gonna be awesome.

Heck with people saying the sports is dead. A new era is just getting started. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

That was the weirdest fight I've ever seen...

Results from Sonoma

1. Stewart

2. Hamlin

3. Logano

4. Edwards

5. Truex jr.

6. Harvick

7. Kyle Busch

8. Newman

9. Kahne

10. Kurt Busch

Smoke got the win from turn 11. Hamlin & Truex were battling each other, wheel hops were involved & the final battle at turn 11. This was probably one of the best Sonoma races I've seen in a while. It was awesome to see Tony get the win!

Next up back to Daytona!

baltimoreravens.png

Stop the presses: SabresRule likes something. 

All kidding aside though, I'm glad to see that Stewart won. Hopefully he gets on a run with this. Too bad I missed it. Only downside to my first job :/

15 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

All kidding aside though, I'm glad to see that Stewart won. Hopefully he gets on a run with this. Too bad I missed it. Only downside to my first job :/

Do you have a DVR?

I work weekends so I always record the day races and it, aside from having to avoid Facebook, makes for a much better viewing experience.

Also, great race!  Happy for Smoke!

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

Do you have a DVR?

I work weekends so I always record the day races and it, aside from having to avoid Facebook, makes for a much better viewing experience.

Also, great race!  Happy for Smoke!

Nope. Not even HD. I never rewatch races though because I always find out who wins and if needed, like today's race, I'll watch the winning pass. Since joining Twitter, I've been able to get recaps of the races much easier. 

Speaking of NASCAR & Twitter, seems like Bowyer is drunk tweeting tonight :lol:

2 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Nope. Not even HD. I never rewatch races though because I always find out who wins and if needed, like today's race, I'll watch the winning pass. Since joining Twitter, I've been able to get recaps of the races much easier. 

Speaking of NASCAR & Twitter, seems like Bowyer is drunk tweeting tonight :lol:

He was, and it was classic.  Jeff Gordon, Dale Jr, even his wife, all played along.  LOL

And Dale Jr with his "Ryan Newman smelly feet" tweets ROFL

The things that happen when Smoke wins! 

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 7:51 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

I'm a huge NASCAR fan as well. I actually went to the Michigan race 2 weeks ago and I own a TON of NASCAR diecasts.

So, it seems that Brian France had a few things to say about the future of Nascar...

Via Jayski

NASCAR Chairman Brian France appeared on Fox Sports 1's "Race Day" before Sunday's race at Sonoma, some of the Q&A's: Cup Series Title Sponsor hunt:
Q. The title sponsor, Sprint, has been for Cup a tremendous ally, and it runs out this year. Who's the next title sponsor for the Sprint Cup Series?
BRIAN FRANCE: Several companies here as a matter of fact this weekend, a number of companies taking a very hard look. It's a very special asset in sports. It's the only thing you can own outright. So we have a lot of interest, and we just want to make a good decision as we go down the stretch and choose our next partner.
Q. Is there a possibility of two major sponsors?
BRIAN FRANCE: Possible, but I think we have a lot of interest and I would be surprised, but I've been surprised before.
Q. Is there a deadline for you on this? Obviously you have to get it -- the sooner the better.
BRIAN FRANCE: Well, we're right on schedule. We always thought it would be somewhere coming up into the fall, and that's exactly what's happened, so we're right on schedule.
Q. A road course in the Chase in the future?
BRIAN FRANCE: We would be for it. The reality is it's very hard to get the schedule to match up.
Q. More weeknight races maybe, changing on the schedule?
BRIAN FRANCE: Don't see that.
Q. Not even in the summer when people are out of --
BRIAN FRANCE: Don't see that. Moving All-Star race:
Q. All-Star Race location maybe on a rotational basis, maybe a new sponsor says, hey, maybe in Charlotte this year, but it might be at another track next year?
BRIAN FRANCE: Maybe, and there's a lot of interest in that very interesting event, and Charlotte has been good to us for a lot of reasons, but we'll always keep that open.

I for one would love to see the change of venues for the all star race but also a road course chase race. Although, that leads the question, if they did a weekday race, would you go?

baltimoreravens.png

- A rotational all-star race would be nice.  I could see Charlotte & Daytona maybe as strong options, with Bristol or Richmond in there for a short track.  Maybe somewhere out west like Vegas or California to round out a foursome.

- It's too bad that most courses are owned by two companies, because that causes issues for Chase dates.  COA in Austin would be nice for a Chase road course, but maybe somewhere up north like Road America or Mid Ohio could be considered since NASCAR has relationships there.

- Weekday races are a hard no.  Saturday nights and Sunday afternoons are best.

So really, Brian France didn't answer any question except for the one regarding weeknight races. 

Unless Verizon is eyeing the title sponsor (though it may be unlikely considering they're already the title sponsor for the IndyCar series), I wonder if companies like AT&T, T-Mobile, or even Verizon and/or Sprint would be willing to sponsor individual teams like they did up until 2010. 

Speaking of sponsors, DeWalt has extended its contract with Joe Gibbs Racing, Matt Kenseth, & the #20 team, which will add four more races to this season and 15 races for next season. Glad to see DeWalt & Kenseth back together. I know they've been his sponsor for a limited amount of races since last season, but DeWalt & Kenseth are like Johnson & Lowe's or Jeff Gordon & DuPont/Axalta. They just go together. 

DeWalt will also expand sponsorship to Daniel Suarez & Erik Jones in the NASCAR Xfinity Series.

More NASCAR news:

• Owners Points will once again be used to determine the starting order of a race if qualifying happens to be rained out, beginning with next weekend's race at Kentucky. Previously, the best practice times were used first, and if no practices were held, then owners points would then be used.
  • NASCAR also announced that any team that qualifies for the Chase and is an "Open" team (aka a team without a Charter, such as #21-Ryan Blaney) will be awarded a provisional for each of the 10 races in the Chase so that they are guaranteed a starting spot and a chance to compete for the championship.
  • Joe Gibbs Racing development driver Matt Tifft, who will turn 20 this weekend, will undergo operation & rehab to remove a low-grade giloma in the brain. The tumor was discovered during treatment & evaluation for a disc condition in his back that has sidelined him for a couple weeks. The tumor and the disc condition are said not to be related. David Ragan will fill in for Tifft during the Xfinity race at Daytona. Tifft hopes to be back to racing once he has completed rehab.

edit again: The 2017 Camaro will be the model car for Chevy in the Xfinity series next season:

Archived