Recommended Posts

Cole Custer is more than likely going to be the full-time driver for SHR NXS program, with a second car being an All-Star roster.  

 

If JR Motorsports keeps the truck program, look for their late model superstar Josh Berry - who will be in the 88 this week at Iowa - to run the truck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brad Keselowski had a brutal hit during testing at Watkins Glen today:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Needschat said:

Cole Custer is more than likely going to be the full-time driver for SHR NXS program, with a second car being an All-Star roster.  

 

If JR Motorsports keeps the truck program, look for their late model superstar Josh Berry - who will be in the 88 this week at Iowa - to run the truck.

If SHR goes that route, Custer will be full time and IF they decide to field a second car it will likely be part time with a rotation consisting of Harvick, Bowyer and a third driver.

 

Honestly, Dale Jr should go ahead and sit out the rest of the season. Regain his health and be ready for next season. With that being said, he should also consider next year being his last season. Put his health first before it gets worse. Once he does retire, do the inevitable and bring JR Motorsports to Sprint Cup. Do a two team Sprint Cup stable with Kasey Kahne and possibly try to pry Larson or McMurray away from Ganassi. Hell, maybe go after former teammate Paul Menard at RCR. If he can only get one of those drivers, go ahead and sign Alex Bowman on for the second team. Do a two team Xfinity Series stable with Elliott Sadler and Justin Allgaier and maybe a third team with a 3 driver rotation. Also do a one team Truck series with Josh Berry. Just some thoughts of mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2016 at 6:41 PM, DNAsports said:

If SHR goes that route, Custer will be full time and IF they decide to field a second car it will likely be part time with a rotation consisting of Harvick, Bowyer and a third driver.

 

Honestly, Dale Jr should go ahead and sit out the rest of the season. Regain his health and be ready for next season. With that being said, he should also consider next year being his last season. Put his health first before it gets worse. Once he does retire, do the inevitable and bring JR Motorsports to Sprint Cup. Do a two team Sprint Cup stable with Kasey Kahne and possibly try to pry Larson or McMurray away from Ganassi. Hell, maybe go after former teammate Paul Menard at RCR. If he can only get one of those drivers, go ahead and sign Alex Bowman on for the second team. Do a two team Xfinity Series stable with Elliott Sadler and Justin Allgaier and maybe a third team with a 3 driver rotation. Also do a one team Truck series with Josh Berry. Just some thoughts of mine.

 

Junior and his sister Kelley Earnhardt-Miller are both on record as saying they will not field Cup series teams.  It's just too damned expensive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Needschat said:

 

Junior and his sister Kelley Earnhardt-Miller are both on record as saying they will not field Cup series teams.  It's just too damned expensive.  

We all say things we don't mean...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

We all say things we don't mean...

the only reason they have a xfinity series team is because hendrick is footing a large portion of the bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Pocono has been delayed due to weather, they will race tomorrow @ 11:00

 

Meanwhile, reports are coming in that Furniture Row is going to announce that they are fielding a 2nd team & Erik Jones is the reported driver. Plus RCR is also rumored to make some driver announcements soon but things don't look good for Newman but possibly good for Ty Dillon. Only time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Race at Pocono under a red flag with 22 laps to go for dense fog. Chris Buescher leading.

 

UPDATE: Race has been called. Chris Buescher wins his first career Sprint Cup race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Results from Pocono:

 

1. Buescher

2. Keselowski

3. Smith

4. Harvick

5. Stewart

6. Larson

7. Hamlin

8. Edwards

9. Kyle Busch

10. Kurt Busch

 

Well, I guess most would've predicted Chase or Ryan but Chris is a talented driver. Ironically enough, the last rookie to win in his first season, Joey Logano in a rain shortened New Hampshire. However, he has a long task ahead of him. Buescher has to finish 30th and higher in points to get in. This was truly an interesting yet foggy race.

Next up my favorite road course, Watkins Glen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Erik Jones to drive the No. 77 for Furniture Row next year. Sounds like Bass Pro Shops and Furniture Row will split sponsorship between Jones and Truex Jr.

 

Example: Truex with BPS and Jones with Furniture Row one race then vise versa the next race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DNAsports said:

Erik Jones to drive the No. 77 for Furniture Row next year. Sounds like Bass Pro Shops and Furniture Row will split sponsorship between Jones and Truex Jr.

 

Example: Truex with BPS and Jones with Furniture Row one race then vise versa the next race.

 

According to reports & Jayski, Jones is going to be sponsored by 5 hour energy. Rough spot for Clint unless he's getting BPS & Mobil 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NASCAR is terrible at keeping secrets. How long has this been rumored to happen?

 

Glad to see Erik get an opportunity. Hopefully this doesn't bog down Furniture Row too much if at all. Kenseth doesn't have that much time left before he retires IMHO, So this could be the foot in the door... Er, more like window, to the 20 car in a couple years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Results from the Glen:

 

1. Hamlin

2. Logano

3. Keselowski

4. Allmendinger

5. Stewart

6. Kyle Busch

7. Truex Jr.

8. McMurray

9. Kenseth

10. Bayne

 

A wild, caution-filled race came to an end with an epic three-way battle for the win as Denny Hamlin comes out on top for his first road course win and his first win since the Daytona 500. Keselowski & Truex tangled on the last corner as well as Dinger & Larson, causing Larson to finish 29th. 

 

Next up: the Bristol Night Race on 2 Weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, what a race at the Glen. That was almost Truex Jr.'s to win if not for the spin out near the end. Kyle Larson also got dumped as well. I love this track & this race, it always entertaining!

 

Meanwhile, here's Erik Jones' car...

 

 

77five-hour-energy-jones-frrpr.jpg

77five-hour-energy-ejtw.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AJ sounded totally dejected with how he turned Larson. It was a racing incident. AJ may have been a little too aggressive; but I think he wanted to get side-by-side with Larson to the line.

 

I think when Truex spun off the front bumper of Keselowski, Larson may have hesitated as he saw the #78 come back down the track and came down in front of AJ slightly as AJ already had his foot in the door.

 

And you have to feel for Larson; going from a possible 4th place finish to 29th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call me crazy, but after watching that race, I wonder something.

 

Why doesn't NASCAR go to more road courses? There are plenty of them in the USA that they could use. Meanwhile, do they really have to go to Daytona, Phoenix, Martinsville, New Hampshire, Talladega, or any other track twice? Why not, instead of having those second races at a track, spread out to more road courses? Use tracks like Road America, Sebring, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, and even the road course versions of Daytona and Indianapolis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

Call me crazy, but after watching that race, I wonder something.

 

Why doesn't NASCAR go to more road courses? There are plenty of them in the USA that they could use. Meanwhile, do they really have to go to Daytona, Phoenix, Martinsville, New Hampshire, Talladega, or any other track twice? Why not, instead of having those second races at a track, spread out to more road courses? Use tracks like Road America, Sebring, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, and even the road course versions of Daytona and Indianapolis.

 

When NASCAR and ISC own the majority of the tracks on the schedule, it's impossible to take one off and replace it with Road America or COTA.  Fans for years have been telling NASCAR there are far too many 1.5 mile cookiecutters on the schedule, especially in the Chase.  NASCAR, no, Brian France has stated there won't be a road course in the Chase, because of "network schedules, contracts with tracks, blah blah blah."  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, stumpygremlin said:

Call me crazy, but after watching that race, I wonder something.

 

Why doesn't NASCAR go to more road courses? There are plenty of them in the USA that they could use. Meanwhile, do they really have to go to Daytona, Phoenix, Martinsville, New Hampshire, Talladega, or any other track twice? Why not, instead of having those second races at a track, spread out to more road courses? Use tracks like Road America, Sebring, Laguna Seca, Mid-Ohio, and even the road course versions of Daytona and Indianapolis.

A lot of people are talking about that right now, and it would be the smart thing to do. Unfortunately they're so tied up in the tracks they currently run at, they signed contracts with all of them thru 2020. So the next change that would be possible would have to wait until 2021. The only way more roadies would get on the schedule right now is if they would decide to run a road course at one of those tracks, like the infield at Indy or Daytona for example.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think changing the pace up at the Brickyard every other year (road course odd years, main course even years) would help out the track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.