Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Needschat said:

 

More importantly, Annett took Pilot to JR Motorsports. 

 

No driver, no money, no sponsorship = No chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Needschat said:

 

Gibbs is a Toyota factory team.  TRD makes the engines, and well, TRD is Toyota Racing Development.   Want to move the needle, outlaw F1-like factory teams.  

 

NASCAR should come up with a long term solution to be able to field 40 teams on television money alone and not so much on sponsorship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2016 at 0:11 PM, jc... said:

 

NASCAR should come up with a long term solution to be able to field 40 teams on television money alone and not so much on sponsorship. 

Folks ain't watching like they were 15 years ago.

 

NASCARsponsorship dollars are stagnant if not dwindling. They didn't get the money from Monster which they really desired since TV ratings are down. It's hard to bring Dodge back in since FCA can't move cars as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Matt Dibenedetto and David Ragan will not be returning to BK Racing for the 2017 season

So will BK be an active team in 2017?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/10/2016 at 9:01 AM, dfwabel said:

Folks ain't watching like they were 15 years ago.

 

NASCARsponsorship dollars are stagnant if not dwindling. They didn't get the money from Monster which they really desired since TV ratings are down. It's hard to bring Dodge back in since FCA can't move cars as it is.

They already have their TV deal. That money is guaranteed whether 100 million people watch or 100 people watch. And it's waaaaaaayyyyy more money than the sponsorship rights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jc... said:

They already have their TV deal. That money is guaranteed whether 100 million people watch or 100 people watch. And it's waaaaaaayyyyy more money than the sponsorship rights. 

That may be true, but if ratings stay down, the next TV deal won't be worth as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Buescher will drive the #37 car when he moves to JTG Daugherty Racing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reports are saying the deal with Monster is only 2 years with a 2 year option at $20 million per year.

 

Of course Brian France is denying it and lying about it like usual. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Matt Dibenedetto will move from BK Racing to the #32 of Go Fas Racing for 2017.

 

Furthermore, Go Fas has leased its charter to the #21 of Ryan Blaney and the Wood Brothers. In turn, Go FAS will lease a charter from Richard Petty Motorsports, which once belonged to the #44 car of Brian Scott.

 

With the departure of Chris Buescher, Landon Cassill moves from the 38 to the 34 while David Ragan rejoins Front Row Motorsports and will pilot the #38. 

 

This now leaves BK Racing without any drivers for next season at the moment.

Edited by mr.nascar13
Rephrased the charter situation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Matt Dibenedetto will move from BK Racing to the #32 of Go Fas Racing for 2017.

 

Furthermore, Go Fas has leased its charter to the #21 of Ryan Blansy and the Wood Brothers, will lease the charter that once belonged to the #44 of Richard Petty Motorsports, leaving them with only one remai for the 43.

 

With the departure of Chris Buescher, Landon Cassill moves from the 38 to the 34 while David Eagan rejoins Front Row Motorsports and will pilot the #38. 

 

This now leaves BK Racing without any drivers for next season at the moment.

The wording confuses me. Go FAS is leasing its charter to the 21. Who is leasing the 44 charter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stumpygremlin said:

The wording confuses me. Go FAS is leasing its charter to the 21. Who is leasing the 44 charter?

Whoops! Guess I wasn't fully awake yet :P Allow me to break it down:

 

Wood Brothers is getting a charter from FAS Lane.

 

FAS Lane, in turn, will get their charter from Petty's 44 car.

 

Petty now has only one charter in the 43 car.

 

Hope that helped! :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Introducing the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, along with a much-needed refresh to the NASCAR logo:

Screenshot_20161219-162941.png

Screenshot_20161219-162855.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ I like the new logo. The old one was a classic, but alas, I guess it was time to move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Per NASCAR Twitter account, the design of the new Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series logo and new NASCAR logo will have a direct effect on the design of both the Xfinity Series and Camping World Truck Series logos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the name & the logo, I think its an upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2016 at 9:42 PM, jc... said:

Puts an end to the "Sponsor" Cup Series. 

I wonder if they did that because Monster Energy did not pay as much for that sponsorship as much as they were getting from Sprint. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, kmccarthy27 said:

I wonder if they did that because Monster Energy did not pay as much for that sponsorship as much as they were getting from Sprint. 

Probably not.  There's already a Monster Energy Cup for motocross.....probably done to avoid confusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

Probably not.  There's already a Monster Energy Cup for motocross.....probably done to avoid confusion.

Probably a little truth to both points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.