3. Kyle Busch

4. Harvick

5. Edwards

6. Logano

7. Larson

8. Smith

9. A. Dillon

10. Kurt Busch

That finish was fantastic! It was like Harvick & Martin all over again! Talk about a comeback from Carl Edwards as well. A rough day for Hendrick though, meanwhile, I'm one happy Virginian today, congrats Denny!

Next up Atlanta

baltimoreravens.png

20 hours ago, See Red said:

That kind of became Jeff's thing towards the end of his career so I'm happy the 24 is going away from that with Chase (hopefully they don't give Chase any flame paint schemes either).  After all, in Jeff's last race, that's how the rest of the team honored him.

Also, I'm glad Chase got the win.  Hopefully he can do it again tomorrow night!

Well, Johnson used to have them as well. The whole team did. I'd like that to return. It was Hendrick's before it was Jeff's. Also, hope Hendrick can bounce back at Atlanta.

So... anyone win the $1.5 Million from the Pick 10? No? Okay.

My Top 10 was busted as soon as Chase pun through the infield and disintegrated when Jr. hit the wall.

Congrats to Denny. JGR's gonna be tough to beat all year. On to Atlanta, I guess.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

What a great finish. I had baseball to announce today and got home with 8 laps to go - thanks home team for winning (no bottom 9th!) and for Jr./Danica/Biffle for causing cautions, or else I'd have missed it.

I'm a Denny fan, so I'm happy! Though, I wouldn't necessarily have minded Truex winning that close - great finish either way. How Kenseth didn't end up in the wall and causing a 20-car pileup behind him is a testament to how talented these drivers are. Amazing.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

:jawdrop:

http://racing.ford.com/series/stock-car-racing/news/articles/2016/02/stewart-haas-racing--ford-performance-to-team-up-starting-with-2.html

Ford Performance announced today Stewart-Haas Racing will switch to Ford as its auto manufacturer partner starting with the 2017 NASCAR season.

The multiyear agreement means that, beginning with Daytona Speedweeks in February 2017, the four-car Stewart-Haas Racing team will race the Ford Fusion with Ford engines prepared by Roush Yates Engines.

I'm floored, I'm shocked, Ford must be meaning business soon if they took away one of Chevy's best teams... Harvick & Bowyer in a ford, Kurt returns to a Ford. I'm completely speechless this morning.

baltimoreravens.png

45 minutes ago, rvrdgsfn said:

:jawdrop:

http://racing.ford.com/series/stock-car-racing/news/articles/2016/02/stewart-haas-racing--ford-performance-to-team-up-starting-with-2.html

Ford Performance announced today Stewart-Haas Racing will switch to Ford as its auto manufacturer partner starting with the 2017 NASCAR season.

The multiyear agreement means that, beginning with Daytona Speedweeks in February 2017, the four-car Stewart-Haas Racing team will race the Ford Fusion with Ford engines prepared by Roush Yates Engines.

I'm floored, I'm shocked, Ford must be meaning business soon if they took away one of Chevy's best teams... Harvick & Bowyer in a ford, Kurt returns to a Ford. I'm completely speechless this morning.

Wow. That's really surprising. Hard imagining Harvick in a Ford

Wow...just wow...

As a fan of pretty much anything Hendrick-powered, this has me pretty concerned. We basically lost half of our entire operation to Ford. FORD. Since 2009, Stewart-Haas has basically been Hendrick II, especially with the expansion to 4 cars.

I've seen people say that this isn't a big deal for Hendrick's overall brand. No, it's a HUGE deal. Using Hendrick power, Stewart-Haas has two titles (Stewart in 2011 & Harvick in 2014) along with 30 wins. What do the remaining Hendrick-powered teams have (Chip Ganassi & HScott)? Virtually nothing. Hopefully this equipment is distributed properly so that the 1 and 42 can be competitive every week.

Oh, and then Ford posts this via Twitter:

Screw you, Ford. Screw. you.

BTW, does this mean the Stewart-Haas logo will change? According to Marty Smith at ESPN, it's based off an old Chevy logo:

Stewart Haas Racing Logo.png

In other non-Ford related SHR news, Ty Dillon will drive the #14 at Atlanta, mostly because Bass Pro Shops is on the car.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I think we can all agree with this...

Silly season has started early & with a bombshell with Stewart Haas. Although, I just realized something. Harvick may not stick around, his contract ends after this year but unless there's a free spot with a Chevy team, that may not work out. Although,  Menard & Newman's contract with RCR expire this season as well. Although he can't stand the Dillon boys as it has been well documented. So he may actually bite the bullet & drive a ford.

It should be interesting to see what comes of this. They'll be building they're own cars so this is a big step forward. Although I find it kind of ironic that Stewart Haas is switching to ford considering who Tony Stewart's Idol is, "Super Tex" A.J. Foyt

A ford guy

Supertex.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

On 2/24/2016 at 0:07 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

BTW, does this mean the Stewart-Haas logo will change? According to Marty Smith at ESPN, it's based off an old Chevy logo:

Stewart Haas Racing Logo.png

I hope so. That logo is terrible.

I'm not a huge fan of any manufacturer, but I lean toward Ford because my favorite driver (Ricky Rudd) drove Fords for most of his career - especially the 90s, which is when I got into NASCAR. So... this gets a very slight "woot!" from me.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Results from Atlanta:

1. Johnson

2. Earnhardt Jr.

3. Kyle Busch

4. Kurt Busch

5. Edwards

6. Harvick

7. Truex Jr.

8. Elliott

9. Keselowski

10. Stenhouse Jr.

Well, that was an interesting race. Different lead changes due to the new package, the crazy wreck on the last lap & Johnson has tied Dale Sr. on wins. Next up, Las Vegas.

baltimoreravens.png

Weird penalty basically knocked Kenseth out of the race. For those who don't know already, the gas man laid the wrench for the wedge adjustment on the decklid in between gas cans. According to the rulebook, the gasman cannot do ANYTHING other than fuel the car if he goes over the wall with a gas can. As Ratcliff argued their case, he took his headset off. Kenseth doesn't know when he was supposed to come in, so he stays out, causing NASCAR to black flag him a 2nd time, putting him down an extra lap.

TLDR: Lack of communication set Kenseth back today.

Good to see Elliott bounce back with a solid finish. And how bout Stenhouse running top 10/15 all day? Good for him.

53 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Weird penalty basically knocked Kenseth out of the race. For those who don't know already, the gas man laid the wrench for the wedge adjustment on the decklid in between gas cans. According to the rulebook, the gasman cannot do ANYTHING other than fuel the car if he goes over the wall with a gas can. As Ratcliff argued their case, he took his headset off. Kenseth doesn't know when he was supposed to come in, so he stays out, causing NASCAR to black flag him a 2nd time, putting him down an extra lap.

TLDR: Lack of communication set Kenseth back today.

Good to see Elliott bounce back with a solid finish. And how bout Stenhouse running top 10/15 all day? Good for him.

The gas man had already engaged the fuel can for fueling. According to NASCAR rules; the gasman cannot do anything EXCEPT his fueling task when he engages the fuel can.

Now, had he put the wrench on the deck lid BEFORE engaging the fuel can; then there would've been no problem.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived