3. Johnson

4. Kyle Busch

5. Dillon

6. Blaney

7. Harvick

8. Earnhardt Jr.

9. Kurt Busch

10. Kahne

A lot of speeding penalties but both Kes & Dillon rebounded very well from them. This was another good race despite the wind in my opinion. The final laps were good as was the fight for 3rd.  A rough day for Kenseth & Elliott while Ryan Blaney had a great race.

Next up Phoenix

baltimoreravens.png

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Results from Phoenix:

1. Harvick

2. Edwards

3. Hamlin

4.  Kyle Busch

5.  Earnhardt Jr.

6. Kurt Busch

7. Kenseth

8. Elliott

9. A. Dillon

10. Blaney

Man, that finish was crazy but in a good way. Harvick just dominated Phoenix again, also a great race for Carl & Little E. Kenseth finally got a top 10 this season & both Elliott & Blaney had a good race as well. Even Little E & Austin had a good race as well. This package has produced some awesome racing.

Next up, California.

baltimoreravens.png

Bumping because Brian France mentioned something during an interview with Dave Moody

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/3/18/brian-france-sirius-xm-nascar-radio.html

With the newness of the current NASCAR racing season yet to wear off, Brian France -- the sanctioning body's chairman and CEO -- discussed the possibilities of more new touches coming to stock-car racing's future.

The possibility of new manufacturers, new tracks and a new premier-series entitlement sponsor were just some of the topics France discussed in an impromptu phone interview Friday afternoon with SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

SiriusXM host Dave Moody said callers often asked whether they could anticipate the return of Dodge or another manufacturer to join the three existing automakers -- Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota -- that currently compete in the sport.

"There is some interest by a couple of different manufacturers, and we would be open to that in the right conditions," France said. "A lot of the car companies are understandably looking at the terrific job that Toyota has done by partnering with NASCAR and the success and all the things that come along with that. They've been an incredible success story for a car manufacturer looking to come into a sport that's very difficult to come in, compete and win every weekend.

"But there's interest and this is obviously the biggest opportunity in auto racing in North America and we would probably say the world, so it's always on some attention span one way or the other."

Well as always I'm hopeful but this day in age, I'll believe when I see/hear it.

baltimoreravens.png

15 hours ago, rvrdgsfn said:

Bumping because Brian France mentioned something during an interview with Dave Moody

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-media/articles/2016/3/18/brian-france-sirius-xm-nascar-radio.html

With the newness of the current NASCAR racing season yet to wear off, Brian France -- the sanctioning body's chairman and CEO -- discussed the possibilities of more new touches coming to stock-car racing's future.

The possibility of new manufacturers, new tracks and a new premier-series entitlement sponsor were just some of the topics France discussed in an impromptu phone interview Friday afternoon with SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

SiriusXM host Dave Moody said callers often asked whether they could anticipate the return of Dodge or another manufacturer to join the three existing automakers -- Chevrolet, Ford and Toyota -- that currently compete in the sport.

"There is some interest by a couple of different manufacturers, and we would be open to that in the right conditions," France said. "A lot of the car companies are understandably looking at the terrific job that Toyota has done by partnering with NASCAR and the success and all the things that come along with that. They've been an incredible success story for a car manufacturer looking to come into a sport that's very difficult to come in, compete and win every weekend.

"But there's interest and this is obviously the biggest opportunity in auto racing in North America and we would probably say the world, so it's always on some attention span one way or the other."

Well as always I'm hopeful but this day in age, I'll believe when I see/hear it.

For years, Porsche/VW have put out feelers to NASCAR.  Dodge fans want them back.  Nissan is a favorite of the rumor mill.  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

6 hours ago, Needschat said:

For years, Porsche/VW have put out feelers to NASCAR.  Dodge fans want them back.  Nissan is a favorite of the rumor mill.  

I would say out all the rumors, I think Nissan would be it, IMO they got the 3 vehicles to do so. Titan in camping world, 370 Z in Xfinity, Altima in Sprint Cup. I would still hold out for Honda but who knows. Dodge won't be back while Sergio is in charge, Hyundai doesn't have a truck or sportscar yet (since Genesis is becoming its own brand now, one could hope for a tiburon revival or something else). Volkswagen I would say the same & since Dieselgate has happened. I'd have to say Honda or Nissan.

On a side note, now that Toyota has finally killed off Scion & brought the 86 back, can we please get this in Xfinity???

2017-toyota-86-001-1.jpg

baltimoreravens.png

Results from Fontana:

1. Johnson

2. Harvick

3. Hamlin

4. Logano

5. Stenhouse Jr.

6. Elliott

7. Edwards

8. Allmendinger

9. Keselowski

10. McMurray

The curse struck again, Harvick led the most laps but didn't win the race. Chase has been really impressive with his car so far. I like where this kid is going & Kyle's streak of being in the top 5 was snapped as soon as his tire gave out. Even Stenhouse had a good race.

Next up, the Paperclip at Martinsville.

baltimoreravens.png

AJ had a really great race. He had to start all the way in the back due to a gear change; but finishing in the Top 10 is really good. AJ's been improving the past 3 weeks; I wonder how well he'll do when they go to race at The Paperclip in two weeks.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Needschat may be on to something...

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-sprint-cup/could-audi-be-coming-nascar

While many have speculated that Audi is looking to enter Formula One, NASCAR.com's Matthew Dillner says the German manufacturer is preparing to enter stock-car racing with NASCAR.

"I've heard rumors for two years of Audi entering #NASCAR and know the interest has been there," Dillner tweeted on Tuesday. "My prediction is that it will happen."

Hmmm, an A or S series car, Possible TT in Xfinity, nope pickup though. I'm for if it happens.

baltimoreravens.png

29 minutes ago, rvrdgsfn said:

Needschat may be on to something...

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar-sprint-cup/could-audi-be-coming-nascar

While many have speculated that Audi is looking to enter Formula One, NASCAR.com's Matthew Dillner says the German manufacturer is preparing to enter stock-car racing with NASCAR.

"I've heard rumors for two years of Audi entering #NASCAR and know the interest has been there," Dillner tweeted on Tuesday. "My prediction is that it will happen."

Hmmm, an A or S series car, Possible TT in Xfinity, nope pickup though. I'm for if it happens.

You'd probably see Audi put some R & D into creating a Truck if they decide to get into NASCAR.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

• 2 weeks later...

Results from Martinsville:

1. Kyle Busch

2. Allmendinger

3. Larson

4. Dillon

5. Keselowski

6. Edwards

7. Vickers

8. Menard

9. Johnson

10. Newman

Kyle gets the sweep & what a day for RCR. AJ drove really well today & just a lot of good racing today!

Next up Texas for our first night race.

baltimoreravens.png

I'm so happy for AJ; he ran a heck of a race. Wish he could've won instead of Rowdy; that'd have been a more pleasing victory in the Garage Area.

This is AJ's second 2nd place finish at Martinsville. He wound up second in the 2012 Spring Race that became infamous for Clint Bowyer's banzai move that wiped him, Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson out.

We're going guns-a-blazin' this Saturday under the lights at Texas.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

I was rooting for Dinger at the end, but it just looked like he didn't have the speed needed to catch up with Rowdy.

Odd day for Hendrick, especially for Martinsville. It just seemed like all four drivers were nonexistent except for Jimmie, but I don't think he even led a lap. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

55 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

I was rooting for Dinger at the end, but it just looked like he didn't have the speed needed to catch up with Rowdy.

I think it shows the team still has some growing pains. It can also be a testament to how good a driver Busch is, how he managed to effortlessly pull away from AJ; even though AJ was giving it everything he could.

AJ sounded really tickled pink that he passed Jimmie Johnson several times at Martinsville; considering how Jimmie's been so dominant at the Paperclip over his career.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Results from Texas:

1. Kyle Busch

2. Earnhardt Jr.

3. Logano

4. Johnson

5. Elliott

6. Truex Jr.

7. Edwards

8. Kahne

9. Kurt Busch

10. Harvick

A late start but a good race & pitting for tires was key on this race, just ask Austin Dillon & Martin Truex Jr who didn't... Impressive comeback for both Kyle & Chase tonight & Little E also looked pretty good, all of Hendrick looked good as did most of Joe Gibbs Racing.

Next up... It's Bristol baby!!!

baltimoreravens.png

Archived