2016 NASCAR Season Thread

LAWeaver

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/10/2016 at 1:52 AM, Needschat said:

Heats for XFinity at Bristol.  

This should be awesome! 

The heats were terribly uneventful, which was a pretty big let down, but the main race was great!

IUe6Hvh.png

1 hour ago, See Red said:

The heats were terribly uneventful, which was a pretty big let down, but the main race was great!

Next one, there should be some elimination in the heats!  Last 2 in each perhaps.  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

Results from Bristol:

1. Edwards

2. Earnhardt Jr.

3. Kurt Busch

4. Elliott

5. Bayne

6. Dibenedetto

7. Harvick

8. Bowyer

9. Newman

10. Logano

Cousin Carl just had the right car for the right track the whole day. He just couldn't be caught. Dale Jr though, starting off as rough as he did & ended up 2nd! Then you got Chase who didn't start off too hot & Kurt Busch's car look like it was having problems all day. Then you have the unexpected Matt Dibenedetto in the top 10. Rough day for Kyle Busch & Jimmie Johnson.

Next up, the action track, Richmond!

baltimoreravens.png

NASCAR today:

Morning:

"Tony's back!  #SmokeHasRisen"

Afternoon:

"Oh, here's a $35K fine for speaking out on our new relaxing of 5 lugnut rule.  How dare you speak out for driver safety and question us."

NASCAR has lost it's collective administrative mind!  They're 'nuts! 

Well if we get a 4th manufacture, it won't be Audi....

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/128576-nascar-audi-dispels-cup-rumors

"We will continue to focus our efforts on racing in IMSA/PWC, WEC (above) and DTM," an AoA spokesman told RACER. "There are no considerations to enter NASCAR by Audi."

It seems like every one wants Audi, but I had a feeling it wouldn't happen, I'm still thinking Nissan or Honda would be there, Dodge is a pipe dream & Hyundai/Kia well...

baltimoreravens.png

9 hours ago, dont care said:

I could see Nissan, they have the Titan for trucks, and Altima and maxima for cup and xfiniti. Honda might try to compete with Toyota but without a legitimate truck (the ridge line isn't) they can't compete in nascar

I don't see where people are getting the logic that you HAVE to have a truck in the lineup to compete in NASCAR. Pontiac was in the cup and busch series back in the day, but obviously they never had a truck. Granted, yes they're a GM group, but totally separate from Chevy. Honda is just as much of a candidate imo as anyone else at this juncture. I'll believe it when I see it though that someone jumps in and tries it.

There has been, but you have to go way back to find them. Alfa Romeo, Aston Martin, Austin-Healey, Jaguar, MG Motor, Porsche, Triumph and Volkswagen have all been a part of NASCAR in the early years.

Results from Richmond!

1. Edwards

2. Kyle Busch

3. Johnson

4. Kahne

5. Harvick

6. Hamlin

7. Kenseth

8. Logano

9. Truex Jr.

10. Kurt Busch

The bump & run! This was by far one of the best races this season. I would never expect in a million years that Cousin Carl would've done that but hey, Kyle has done it before! JGR is becoming the force to be reckon with this year! Impressive driving from Chase & Kurt almost had the car to win with the exception of the last pit stop.

Next up, another personal favorite. Talladega!

baltimoreravens.png

Brennan  Poole got freaking robbed on that NXS finish.

Coming to the checkered coming through the trioval, Logan & Sadler (the leaders) made contact, sending Logan into the wall and Sadler to the apron. Poole was the first one to the line, but instead of letting them race to the line being that close, they went to the time the caution light came on, in which Sadler was the winner just beyond halfway through the trioval.

Look, I like Sadler and I'm a big JR Motorsports fan, but dang it, Poole won that race. 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

39 minutes ago, mr.nascar13 said:

Brennan  Poole got freaking robbed on that NXS finish.

Coming to the checkered coming through the trioval, Logan & Sadler (the leaders) made contact, sending Logan into the wall and Sadler to the apron. Poole was the first one to the line, but instead of letting them race to the line being that close, they went to the time the caution light came on, in which Sadler was the winner just beyond halfway through the trioval.

Look, I like Sadler and I'm a big JR Motorsports fan, but dang it, Poole won that race. 

"At the moment of caution" comes into rule.  Someone's in the air.  Someone's on fire.  So you want everyone to race back?

1 hour ago, Needschat said:

"At the moment of caution" comes into rule.  Someone's in the air.  Someone's on fire.  So you want everyone to race back?

It appeared they were in a position to race back to the line. They were so close. Had it been in turn 1, I'd throw it. But coming out of the trioval? 

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Results from Talladega:

1. Keselowski

2. Kyle Busch

3. A.Dillon

4. Elliott

5. McMurray

6. Kurt Busch

7. T.Dillon

8. Bowyer

9. Blaney

10. Bayne

This was restrictor plate racing at its finest. Drivers coming from nowhere, big ones happening & contenders were knocked out. I do enjoy Talladega!

Next up Kansas

baltimoreravens.png

The Big One struck wiping out 21 cars; a few managed to chug along like Austin Dillon (3rd) and AJ Allmendinger (14th) despite both having a lot of battle damage.

This was a classic 'Dega race and it's onto Kansas next weekend.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

On 4/30/2016 at 7:59 PM, mr.nascar13 said:

It appeared they were in a position to race back to the line. They were so close. Had it been in turn 1, I'd throw it. But coming out of the trioval? 

NASCAR set precedent at Daytona 2015.  Accident deemed bad, yellow comes out, no racing back to the flag.  

2 hours ago, Needschat said:

NASCAR set precedent at Daytona 2015.  Accident deemed bad, yellow comes out, no racing back to the flag.  

This accident was a lot worse than the one at Daytona in 2015, so I think they did make the right decision to call the Spring Cup race. Also the Xfinity race; with both having tri-oval crashes heading to the checkered flag.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived