FCS Football Redesign-Campbell (14/125)

poiper2

The areas on the torso you have colored in on Bucknell are interesting. That mesh area has yet to be used to house color, and I think there's a reason for that. I'm not sure if that area can't hold color, but it's certainly an odd placement to just throw color in. For the concept itself, I think it works better on the white jersey than the other two, for whatever reason.

I believe that area on the torso is rarely colored in a different color because the players arms would usually cover that area up. So there's no point in coloring it if people can't see it.

JeKhnr9.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I have (what I believe) to be a much better set for Bucknell. What I did was add a stroke to all of the numbers, and on the colored patches on the jersey I made the ends of them jagged, like the ends of the logo. Also I added an alternate helmet that features the horns that are in the logo as well. I still don't think that it's the best, and I think it still needs work. I would like to know what you guys think.

Home & Away

Bucknell%20Home_zpsiyhgxhgs.pngBucknell%20Away_zpsbyrnrulw.png

Alternate

Bucknell%20Alternate_zpscnjud4xj.png

C&C is appreciated

5844649c6ef90_FiestaBowl_sig.png.2c502c8100468192da258ffb92d59593.png

The browns would disagree.. It's something that can look great in concept form, but in practice, it would be a visual issue.. Colored jerseys need numbers that are white, yellow/gold, or grey/silver in order to maintain appropriate visual contrast

I think I'm just a sucker for numbers that match the pants color.

Alright, so for now, I'm just going to keep Bucknell the way it is, but it of course could still be changed at any time. But for now, I have the Butler set. Butler is the first set that has a different helmet template. I added a glossy-ish affect to it. But anyways, on the set itself I tried to keep it as classic but modern as possible. Butler has never really been one for modern or crazy uniforms. Here it is.

Home & Away

Butler%20Home_zpsqvyj3sz0.pngButler%20Away_zps353ekgrf.png

And the alternate & White Out

Butler%20Alternate%201_zpskdgqbfmd.pngButler%20White%20Out_zpsvbdvzf77.png

C&C is appreciated

The browns would disagree.. It's something that can look great in concept form, but in practice, it would be a visual issue.. Colored jerseys need numbers that are white, yellow/gold, or grey/silver in order to maintain appropriate visual contrast

I think I'm just a sucker for numbers that match the pants color.
Which is exactly why traditional aesthetics is white jersey and colored pants (with matching numbers), and colored jerseys/white pants (with white numbers).. I'm a sucker for being able to read the number while watching the game.. You wouldn't be able to with orange numbers.. I've done play-by-pay for 4 years, and from the press box, it's nearly impossible for spotters to pick out the right guy when they have colored numbers on colored jerseys

I think that's something we just won't agree on. Or at least without taking into account reality pressbox issues, I think colored numbers can sometimes look better aesthetically.

Anyways, I think Butler looks really good! Very classy look, and I'm in love with the alternate white out. No complaints for me on this one

So, just to make everyone happy, I have created a Bucknell home uniform with white numbers, and provided a side-by-side comparison. Here you are.

Bucknell%20Home_zpsymeytmnf.pngBucknell%20Home_zpsiyhgxhgs.png

IMO it doesn't really change that much of the look. C&C is appreciated.

I agree 100% that the one with orange numbers looks great, I'm just speaking to the function.. The reason for including numbers is to identify players from the sidelines/stands/etc, so if they can't be clearly read, they're pointless.. I think both options looks great, but the white numbers are just much clearer without damaging the aesthetic

Edit: but to Sleuth's point, I'm now interested in how it would look with the numbers beveled with orange highlights in the same manner as the B in the logo..

Kind of like the white now to be honest

Yeah, makes the uniform a little more subtle which is nice. Anyway, great work on Butler, no complaints there. I really love that grey alternate. Nice work so far on this series.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Well, since Butler needs no updates, it's time for Cal Poly. I didn't do anything too excessive but, I still tried to keep it looking somewhat modern.

Home & Away

Cal%20Poly%20Home_zpswuiri4kv.pngCal%20Poly%20Away_zpsdaem1617.png

And the alternate

Cal%20Poly%20Alternate_zpswoaxqkes.png

C&C is appreciated

Archived