HardCore - Conceptual Clothing Brand

MrWonka

Never posted anything on these forums that wasn't sports related. Today I will be doing that though. For my Visual Communications final project we are supposed to design a clothing brand. At first, I was simply going to do another sports related project. I figured it was obvious and would be easy. Thanks to being very bored I started doing something I normally don't do - - mess around on illustrator. I made an apple shape and just went with it.

First it was going to be a Baby store.

Then I wanted it to be a comical ironic store with a kid type branding but for a Spencers type of store. (For those who don't know, Spencer's is a very quirky and possibly can be labeled as a gift shop for those 18 and older.

After a while the "baby" "kid" look just kind of looked stupid. I thought I could still have a cute apple while also having a sex symbol to it. Here are the logos in order from the first brand "Little Apples" to the new brand "HardCore"

apples.jpg

These are amazing, Wonka.

Not sure if it's intentional, but the wordplay behind Little Apples is genius. The hardcover brand is also pretty clever as well.

Personally, I'd stick with the green apple across the board and use the one without glasses for Little Apples. However, I'd flip the eyes so his right eye ( our left) is winking, creating consistency with the HardCore brand.

If I were you, I'd make the HardCore logo look a bit more rotten, considering that's the route you're wanting to go. Maybe an olive green apple with a bit out of him or a fly here orvthere.

Pretty great work all around, nonetheless. (PS, I have been to a Spencer's store. Weird place).

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

These are amazing, Wonka.

Not sure if it's intentional, but the wordplay behind Little Apples is genius. The hardcover brand is also pretty clever as well.

Personally, I'd stick with the green apple across the board and use the one without glasses for Little Apples. However, I'd flip the eyes so his right eye ( our left) is winking, creating consistency with the HardCore brand.

If I were you, I'd make the HardCore logo look a bit more rotten, considering that's the route you're wanting to go. Maybe an olive green apple with a bit out of him or a fly here orvthere.

Pretty great work all around, nonetheless. (PS, I have been to a Spencer's store. Weird place).

Well the Little Apples is the same brand as HardCore..I'm just showing where it started from.

The reason I don't want to go all out making it an obvious crazier store is because i want the branding to be a more ironic kid like cartoon brand.

Like you'd see the logo and the store branding..posters...bags...and think "must be a kids store" but inside is this Hot Topic/Spencers like store with humorous shirts and what not. That's my defense from using a rotten part.

However, I have talked myself into a new font to better fit the craziness of the store. I'm still deciding, I'll upload my new font combos soon.

Archived