Weird things you noticed in sports

johnnysama

4 hours ago, infrared41 said:

It probably got torn off during a play or something. 

I do remember seeing him briefly on the sidelines with no decals at all. The only player with no decals. Just struck me as odd.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/18/2016 at 8:50 AM, pschaef said:

I've never liked the touch-icing in hockey. Why is it not just automatic?

Also why is the schedule spaced out so much? For example the Islanders played yesterday, now they don't play again until Friday. It's not like football where you're getting hit every single play.

To complicate things for you further:

Touch-icing changed to hybrid icing a couple years ago in the NHL and semi-pro hockey.

In lower levels of hockey (junior hockey, Canadian university hockey, beer league, etc.) automatic aka no-touch icing in the norm.

I can only speculate on reasons the schedule being spaced out the way it is for the NHL: travel time, venue availability (anything from NBA games to the circus or even Dora the Explorer shows messing with that), trying (I said trying - not succeeding) to create a balance for each team.  Also, back to back to back games would wear on even the best conditioned hockey players after a while; worn out players would more be susceptible to injuries and just in general wouldn't be able to play at their top level.

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

52 minutes ago, rickyISking said:

In college basketball, the women play 4 quarters, but the men play only two halves.  

That's a new experiment this year. The NCAA led it to be that if it worked the men would adopt it soon.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived