Awesome Sports Memorabilia You Own

Clintau24

This week, Auburn is renovating the softball stadium. Drove by heading to class and noticed all the seats had been removed and piled up. Some friends and I loaded up a truck load of seats and bases (we got the ok, as they were set to be trashed), and we placed many of them back together. We have since built 5 different sets for each of our houses. Probably my favorite college story thus far, and favorite pieces of memorabilia now, up there with my game worn jerseys and gloves and all. Who else can say they have stadium seats from an Auburn stadium in their house? (Football stadium still uses bleachers, unfortunately)

CVWR-ViXIAAmqPC.jpg

Got me thinking, what do you guys have that you just love?

Nothing. I have my 2010 Canada v Norway hockey ticket framed; it was an option with any advanced Olympic ticket purchase.

I nearly had Gretzky sign it, he was taking a stream of autographs up an aisle way behind me during an intermission... RCMP shut it down after a few moments. I feel like it was for the best- my ticket was about my Olympic vacation, it would've just been about Gretzky's random signature otherwise.

Nothing. I have my 2010 Canada v Norway hockey ticket framed; it was an option with any advanced Olympic ticket purchase.

I nearly had Gretzky sign it, he was taking a stream of autographs up an aisle way behind me during an intermission... RCMP shut it down after a few moments. I feel like it was for the best- my ticket was about my Olympic vacation, it would've just been about Gretzky's random signature otherwise.

Glad you said that. I'm very picky about autographs, specifically when they're on a completely random item. Thought I was alone haha

I used to be into sports autograph/memorabilia collecting like it was nobody's business when I was younger. I picked up some pretty cool things along the way, too. Autographed hats/jerseys/programs ect. Also, I used to have a pretty big collection of game worn or game used items, too. I just got to the point though where the idea of having someone randomly scribble their name on an expensive product of yours that's loosely linked to them in some way is actually really strange. Also, I had so much that it would take up large chunks of where ever I lived, and every time I moved I was stressed out about the safety of it all. Ultimately, it just wasn't worth it and I ended up taking the really cool things and leaving them at my dad's house (Drew Brees autographed jersey, Ronde Barber autographed Super Bowl 37 gear, Warren Sapp signed authentic Pro Bowl jersey, a really cool Joe Montana Legends Celeb Golf Tournament autographed sign, ect), and either sold, gifted, or even just straight up tossed the rest (Things like broken bat handles from when guys like Mark MClemore or Bobby Crosby made rehab stints in Sacramento, ect. Cool, sort of, but not worth lugging around or even giving away).

But, I do have one piece of memorabilia that I picked up several years ago that I still kinda geek out at every time I see it.

It's a baseball autographed by the entire 1957 Hollywood Stars PCL team.

E4EB873E-224E-40B6-A142-E84768267893_zps

57D74A10-B2AF-4F08-9D59-CEA6EC6B4C77_zps

It's nothing really all that special, because most of the autographs I can't find any information on, and the ones I can find info on are guys who were either career minor leaguers or maybe had a cup of coffee with a big league team once. Also, of the ones I did find info on, not a single one was still alive. It's just fascinating to me to have a part of the history of the PCL before the Major League westward movement. I've always wondered what could've been in regards to the PCL had the Giants and Dodgers not taken that risk.

My neighbor gave me this ball a few years ago pretty close to the time that he passed away. Real nice guy who loved baseball and history as much as I did. He got all the signatures himself when he was young, and decided that he had hung onto this for long enough.

Now if you wanna talk about historical memorabilia, that's what's really up my alley. I own/have had the opportunity to hold several really amazing pieces of world history. That's the kinda stuff that sends shivers down my spine.

This week, Auburn is renovating the softball stadium. Drove by heading to class and noticed all the seats had been removed and piled up. Some friends and I loaded up a truck load of seats and bases (we got the ok, as they were set to be trashed), and we placed many of them back together. We have since built 5 different sets for each of our houses. Probably my favorite college story thus far, and favorite pieces of memorabilia now, up there with my game worn jerseys and gloves and all. Who else can say they have stadium seats from an Auburn stadium in their house? (Football stadium still uses bleachers, unfortunately)

Got me thinking, what do you guys have that you just love?

Very similar story to yours - Winthrop redid the basketball court in the summer of 2007 and had a bunch of approximately 3' x 5' pieces of basketball floor outside the coliseum by the dumpsters. I wasn't sure if they were fair game or not, so I went out one night at midnight to nab about 8 of them. I kept them around for a while before they ended up getting left behind in a move. Still got 1 large piece at my parents' house, and gave one to one of my best friends who uses it as a beer pong table. Nothing works better as a beer pong table than hardwood basketball floor. The bounces are perfect. It's a thing of beauty.

An Eagles full-sized helmet signed by Donovan McNabb, Brian Dawkins, Brian Westbrook, Jeremiah Trotter, Trent Cole, Lito Sheppard, Jon Runyan, Jeff Garcia, Donte' Stallworth, LJ Smith and Shawn Andrews

I also have a personalized picture of "4th-and-26" from Freddie Mitchell and an autographed picture of Sheldon Brown's hit on Reggie Bush

Archived