Minnesota Vikings Logo (Updated 12/9)

mcrosby

This is tremendous. You pulled in all the character from the original while perfectly modernizing it. If I saw this with just in passing I wouldn't know it was an update. I was to then see the original I would almost be embarrassed to know that thats an NFL mark in 2015. It makes me realize how much an already good mark can be improved. This is tip-top notch!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nicely done mc.

I was ok with the braid before, but the new braid is better.

What concerned me with your original was the lack of definition at the back of the helmet.

You've fixed that with the slimming of the purple band, allowing for the gold part of the helmet to show just enough to define the back edge of the helmet.

This looks great.

So, to be super-duper picky...

Do you really need the back horn? Maybe...maybe not.

The neck, IMO, could be shaved just a tad, to emphasize the protruding chin.

(see what I did there? neck...shaved)

Excellent work!!!

Fantastic updates. What's sticking out to me now is the mustache. You have detail on everything else, so the 'stache looks bare.

Possibly adding one edge or hair-like angle in the mustache is the only nitpick I could find myself, but at this point this thing is already miles ahead of the actual logo. The updated braids are beautifully done. I also like the added purple line in the top of the "M" in the hair to really make the hair look like it's emerging from under the helmet. You've taken one of the worst NFL logos in my opinion and made it one of the best.

This is probably the best logo concept/update I've ever seen on this site. Great work and got drastically better with each little tweak. Would love to see what you would do with uniforms or other teams, can't get enough of this. Well done sir

• 2 weeks later...

Archived